Nier Automata

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Even more reason to look elsewhere then. I was under the impression Nier was somewhat soulslike. Not that it alone matters that much.

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's more about the story, the combat is probably the worst part. Probably the worst combat of any platinum game that i've played.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd say it's a Bayonetta/DmC style RPG.

4. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Zero soulslike. Nier is super easy. And YES, get it on PS4 if you still want the game. I have PC version, I regretted. The developer didn't fix or patch anything till this day.

Since you play a lot of The Division, I highly recommended Nioh.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Since the game did well financially for the company I think that perhaps one of the reasons as to why they haven't bothered fixing the PC version is because they're already working on the sequel.

I for one will just wait for Nier 2, and if there's a PC version and that version gets patched then I'll probably buy it.

6. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Technically this is the 2nd game.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Ofc its better when steam version was never updated on the pc and now when its running newer build they are trying to sell it again. frack 'em and their upcoming replicant.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Microsoft fixed it not SE allegedly

10. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Yeah it's same as Witcher 3 with HDR, a build was taken by Sony/MS and things were done inhouse by them, i assume they did fixes along the way due to how critical some issues were.

This is just sad, as far as Japanese games go Square treats PC as a landfill full of hobos who will swallow anything regardless of its quality.
    Any game developed in Japan that they published was just shoved out of the door ASAP with minimal to no fixes, only exception was FFXV but as soon as they fired its producer it went back to status qvo and even that game is left with some longstanding critical issues.

Literally only PC feature Square considers as necessary and to be properly implemented in all ports is Denuvo.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Undying likes this.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

It's more like PG games that are left untouched after release on PC like Metal Gear R

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The game launched 3 years ago, with a myriad of issues from severe stutter, bad frame pacing, locked internal rendering resolutions regardless of resolution set, broken AA and AO, frame rate caps, etc, etc.

The game on steam more or less required external mods to run correctly, with the F.A.R mod which was basically mandatory for steam and PC users.

Then the game was ported over to the Microsoft Store and was included in Game Pass and there was a lot of talk about this version being "fixed" over the steam version with the latter being left in the dust. This caused a lot of anger in the community. The game pass version wasn't entirely fixed. Square then promised to finally fix the steam version. And here we are!

PATCH NOTES:
    • Borderless Video Settings
    Borderless video settings have been implemented.
    • Fidelity FX
    A Fidelity FX CAS feature has been added.
    • HDR
    The system will now detect whether HDR has been activated in the Windows display settings, and automatically boot the game in HDR mode if it has.
    • Anti-aliasing
    Adjustments to the anti-aliasing functionality
    • UI textures (4K)
    Approximately 270 UI textures for icons, backdrops and UI elements etc. now support 4K resolutions.
    • Cut scenes
    The bit rate has been improved and all pre-rendered cut scenes adjusted, so they will now play in 60FPS and display in the correct aspect ratio without stretching the picture.
    • Global illumination
    A new “Global illumination” feature has been implemented. This can be set to three different levels; High, Medium or Low.
    • Ambient occlusion/ bloom
    The rendering targets for ambient occlusion and bloom effects have been changed to dynamic resolution based on the game’s resolution.
    ▼ Bug fixes
    • It is now possible to switch between recently selected display modes for screenshots, such as between full screen and windowed mode or between borderless and windowed mode, by pushing the Alt + Enter keys together.
    • The mouse cursor is no longer displayed when using a game pad controller.
    • The frame rate has been stabilized at 60FPS under default settings.
    Other stability related fixes have also been implemented.

Honestly, if you like hack n slash games this is one of the very best there are. It's unique take on the genre with different play styles throughout the game, one moment you will be hacking and slashing in third person then you will be side scrolling across the levels for you then to jump into a mech suite and fly around in a bullet hell shooter! Not to forget but the soundtrack is outstanding!

TheDigitalJedi and AsiJu like this.
  14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    A 14.3 GB download OMG

btw, thread merged :p

TheDigitalJedi and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hooray, 3 years later game can be called properly playable without mods!

Gives me hope any day now From Software will patch native 1080p to original Dark Souls PC port...

I'm well aware of the Remastered version, above is a joke, har har

TheDigitalJedi likes this.

16. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Looking at steam discussion, it seems like its still a really crappy PC port. Many outright say that the FAR mode version is better. What a shame.

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090

I have played around 1 hour so far and its day and night difference compared to the base unpatched game. Not a single stutter/hiccup when running around the world, before it would stutter/hiccup every couple seconds.

Needs more testing.

TheDigitalJedi, AsiJu and theoneofgod like this.
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    The game is too demanding for my system. with everything on low / off the gpu is already at 60% usage at 1080p LOL

I started my test at 2560x1440 maxed out , but i got 30fps then. It does seem smoother, like no hitching, but that is about it.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    It's beyond me how after 4 years they still haven't touched KB/M controls and they're still horrid gamepad emulation.

20. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    My goodness. This is one of my many games on backlog. Well.....it's good to know that an old game I picked up during the Steam Winter sale is finally fixed. lol. So many titles I must find time to play before this one.