Nier Automata

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Even more reason to look elsewhere then. I was under the impression Nier was somewhat soulslike. Not that it alone matters that much.

2. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's more about the story, the combat is probably the worst part. Probably the worst combat of any platinum game that i've played.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'd say it's a Bayonetta/DmC style RPG.

4. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Zero soulslike. Nier is super easy. And YES, get it on PS4 if you still want the game. I have PC version, I regretted. The developer didn't fix or patch anything till this day.

Since you play a lot of The Division, I highly recommended Nioh.

5. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Since the game did well financially for the company I think that perhaps one of the reasons as to why they haven't bothered fixing the PC version is because they're already working on the sequel.

I for one will just wait for Nier 2, and if there's a PC version and that version gets patched then I'll probably buy it.

6. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Technically this is the 2nd game.

7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Ofc its better when steam version was never updated on the pc and now when its running newer build they are trying to sell it again. frack 'em and their upcoming replicant.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Microsoft fixed it not SE allegedly

10. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Yeah it's same as Witcher 3 with HDR, a build was taken by Sony/MS and things were done inhouse by them, i assume they did fixes along the way due to how critical some issues were.

This is just sad, as far as Japanese games go Square treats PC as a landfill full of hobos who will swallow anything regardless of its quality.
    Any game developed in Japan that they published was just shoved out of the door ASAP with minimal to no fixes, only exception was FFXV but as soon as they fired its producer it went back to status qvo and even that game is left with some longstanding critical issues.

Literally only PC feature Square considers as necessary and to be properly implemented in all ports is Denuvo.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Undying likes this.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090

It's more like PG games that are left untouched after release on PC like Metal Gear R