Nier Automata

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    You lose your equipped chips when you die but you can recover them from your body. Enemies respawn after a while. Nothing cheap like that series though, it's quite easy especially as 2B and A2.

Man, everytime I see this thread bumped, I hope to read news of this damn thing being fixed :p *******s probably aren't bothering to fix it knowing there's an unpaid guy out there doing their work for them.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/580600/

DLC is out, costs 14 Euro / US Dollar so a bit pricey but I guess that's nothing new with Japanese publishers and how they do DLC.
    (Well it's not just them I guess but still, bit expensive for a arena mode and three outfits.)

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    What a waste of money. They know the people who perv out over 2B will buy it in droves (but they won't fix the ****ing game).

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    all the crashing stuff must be pretty rare or something cause it's barely affected the reviews, hardly any on the front store page for the game mention it

edit, ah there we go, now it's dropping

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Well I just picked up the PS4 version of this game because it was on sale for $45 bucks on the Playstation Store. Or $42 bucks if you are a PS+ member.

That depends on the publisher too. Because I have seen individual DLC packs from a Japanese publisher that was between $1.00 and $5.00 per DLC pack. Yeah $14 bucks is pricey for DLC. I wish they made cheaper by putting it into different DLC packs.

6. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    I beat the game on 71hrs, of course, it can be beaten half of that time, but I like the game a lot, and really enjoyed the gameplay. So I try to do all the side quests. :)

I didn't have any crash in that 71hrs of game play. The only crash I get is when I mess around with FAR advance features. However, when I use a modified FAR that allowed fullscreen only, no extra candy topping or speed performance from FAR, the game run perfect with zero crash.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That mod which fixed the game for SE/plati has been unstickied from steam's discussions because of some drama going on.

Here's the link if anyone needs it in the future, https://github.com/Kaldaien/FAR/releases

Game is practically unplayable without it for a significant number of people. For me, the game would run at 900p centered with borders all around if I set 1080p res, pre rendered cinematics played at what looked like 15 fps, and generally bad performance all around. Perfect refund candidate.

*******s haven't bothered to fix it yet so I don't recommend anyone buy it. Darren's review is also among the top rated ones on steam so that's cool :p

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    they deleted his thread because people complained the mod deletes files from the users PCs

he got annoyed too and started slamming people

9. GetMax

GetMax Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070
  10. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saw a screenshot of a couple lines of code where he basically starts changing steam .dll files if you are one of those specific accounts from his blacklist aka legit steam accounts. Dunno about malware, but that dude's malicious.

Might pick this game up on the summer sale - if they patch it. Don't want that crazy person code running to fix the game.

Btw is this game a SEGA handled port or on the developer side?

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's Square Enix.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Drama around some optional mod creator or not

There has been no fix for the pc version, instead some arena DLC was released.

You still need this unofficial patch for various reasons

The game will still crash for certain people at any random point

The developer dislikes and has disabled autosave for no apparent reason, making the random crashing so much worse.

Buy this game on ps4

Do not buy this on pc, it is a gamble

13. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Make sure future titles are not released on the PC!

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What does it matter if future games are not released on PC when they do not function on PC. If a developer is incompetent and unwilling to fix stuff or a PC release why release it.

It's bad practise I agree, but I see nothing to prevent it, Nier got it's PC sales through everyone staring at 2Bs ass, only now after the DLC has released and they failed to deliver on patch promises does anyone care.

SQenix got their PC returns, support is gone

Legitimately the steam store review page at release did not mention anything about patches or crashes, it was either overwhelmingly or very positive, because of memes. Only now has it dropped to mixed, as it should do.

Imma repeat, I like this game, I want to play this game, I cannot play this game.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I wouldn't believe a word Kaldaien says, he's one sick sad bastard, with a victim complex. I've repeatedly heard people complain that his mod deletes files from pirated copies. I have no idea if this is true, but I'm inclined to believe it.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but in case it hasn't been reported yet; not allowing the game to run on Hyper Threads by setting core affinity to cores 0/2/4/6 or outright disabling Hyper Threading should help tremendously with crashes.

The sad thing is, I bet half the reason the game is so unstable and not properly patched yet (as far as I know if you use fullscreen it still locks to 1600x900) is because this moron's mod exists.

16. TheRealKaldaien

TheRealKaldaien Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N
    No, they did no such thing.

In fact, I had to pull teeth with the Steam moderator to get him to delete my thread.

Do you see why I get so frustrated with you people now? You do not know what you are talking about, but will happily toss all sorts of misinformation around. It's absolutely insane and leaves me with little desire to continue helping this community.

Please, stop this behavior. You are part of the problem actually, and that's unfortunate.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Im Glad that I picked up the game when I did. the PS Store had a sale that ended this past Tuesday. After reading the issues that users were having with the PC version. It could be a gamble on PC if you don't have any issue until you are more than 2hrs in after that Steams refund policy is no longer in effect. But if you have issues 1-2 hrs in then you can get a refund. But at the end of the day it may not be worth the gamble.

18. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

I am struggling to type anything nice about your post. You spout some trash and bash a dude for no reason. I am seriously at a loss...

Seems to me like the dude made a mod that makes the game better, banned what two people from using it, and put a piracy check in the mod to make it useless for pirates...yeah he sounds like a really bad guy.....Come again with what you have done?

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Official Mod my foot. If it was official Square Enix would have added this fix as an auto update patch. Plus having Resolution locks to 900p pretty poor.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i was uninformed about the situation

i read the last 10 replies to that thread only , sorry man if i wronged you