NGO modified soundblaster live/audigy 1 driver any good?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by CTman, May 14, 2006.

1. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    KX or NGO modified soundblaster live/audigy 1 driver any good?

Hi everyone,

I have an older pc with soundblaster live in it and have installed the current "newest" (quite old actually dated 24 July 2002; driver version 5.12.02.0252) driver under windows xp. Via google I have found the NGO modified driver for audigy 1 and soundblaster live. Is it any good? Does anyone try it?

I have also tried the kx driver, but i get problem when playing games. And the development of kx drivers has stopped? And which is the best and latest driver for the soundblaster live for gaming?.

It is actually a working pc, since it is too old and slow for the newest games, but I sometimes play games on it, like flatout, xmen legend 2, call of duty 1, civilization3 and half life.

Specs of my older pc:

amd athlon xp 2000+
    a7v133
    sapphire 9600xt
    3x 256 mb sdram

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Haven't tried the NGO driver, but KX is the best driver for that card, for sure. YOu lose EAX but a card that old probably only supports EAX 2 anyhow. When you play games with KX you have to set the game to NO EAX..or direct sound..then everything is great...The development of KX has not stopped, actually it's been going full steam. Hope that helps.

3. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    Thanks,

I will try the kx driver.

4. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    The drivers are bad and are unstable as hell cause more problem.

I always had strange sudden volume increase with the driver i have since switched to You-Pax drivers which rocks with the THX panel !!!!

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I have the THX panel when I use Creative drivers, all you have to do is install it...you don't even need to be running Youp drivers... I use the stock Audigy 2 drivers and I can add the THX panel...