NFSU Micro Pausing solved?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by becksgold, Oct 19, 2004.

1. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X800XT-PE / Silencer 4 Rev.2 / Sony HS94PB
    Hi. I am just thinking about buying a new 6800 GT, but I remember back from my times when I had a 5900 Ultra that all new Forceware 6x.xx drivers caused Micro Pausing in NFSU (which was super smooth on my Radeon 9800pro and the only thing to get rid of it was to use Detonators 45.23).

Are these issues solved in the meantime with the last driver releases or are they still present? I am asking this as I still like to play NFSU sometimes and I am really looking forward to the new NFSU2 (which is partially based on the old engine).

2. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    I have those little pauses too. Its wieird. Its prolly a driver issue that needs to be adressed...

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    HUM.......
    weird, i never had those pauses since i installed any of 61.xx onwords series of drivers.
    Runs super smooth for me.
    I had those pauses with earlier 5x.xx drivers and early beta 6x.xx but not with 66.81 that i am using now

4. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
    nope i don't get them anymore since upgrading, using the 61.77 drivers.

5. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Hmm ... this is a 2:1 so far ... some more opinions? Hmm, should I go for a 6800 gt :rolleyes: ?

6. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    why not? its the best value for money card available at the moment. Solid card, performs well, runs all my games at 8XAA 8XAF. You will love it.

7. Riksu

Riksu Member

GPU:
    PNY 7800 GTX
    Get 6800GT!!

8. si007

si007 Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 Ultra
    I used to get those pauses in NFSU and Richard Burns Rally as well as the new GTR demo. I discovered that it was Spysweeper running in the background that was causing the problem. I suspect that you have probably tried turning off background processes but I thought it was worth mentioning :)

Cheers.

Si
    :cool:

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i all the 5x.xx~6x.xx official drivers i have used all have the micro-pausing problem.... but no other games has this sorta problem ...... i read some place it was bug in the game that EA was gona fix but canned to work on NFS:U2

10. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Guest

This is an engine "bug". The engine loads each section of the map as needed for older cards with 32/64 MB of RAM... even if you have 512 it still won't preload them all. But on subsequent laps, it doesn't need to load them again.

Drivers could make a (small) difference in changing texture upload code, but it's not a driver bug.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    quess i was right.... this suck I like play NFS:U but i can deal with this happen as like Darkfalz say it only happens on first lap...

12. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Guest

Why does it bother you so much? The music doesn't stutter and it lasts like 1/4 of a second...

13. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Hey, it seems like nothing has really changed back to my 5900 Ultra times. I know that this is onlyx on first lap etc. etc. I agree that it seems to be some crappy coding but I never had micro pausing with 45.23 and with my Radeon 9800pro it was always smooth as silk. It seems that still some guys are lucky but it can even happen with a 6800gt.

I mean, if I am going to spend so much money on a new videocard, i want it to run 150% stutter-free in every game I play. Hmm, so again another ATI? X800pro or X800xt?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  14. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Ive never had a problem with NFSU, ive used an FX 5600, FX5700 and a 6800nu card with it and never had problems. Using all official drivers from the 5x.xx and 6x.xx series. Never tries beta drivers with NFSU though.

BTW the 6800 series of cards kick butt, if you have the money get the GT, you wont be disappointed

15. Satyr

Satyr New Member

GPU:
    MSI 5900 Ultra
    Lo, i have the micro stuttering in Panzers - Phase 1, but only if i have my emule running, zone alarm firewall and some other programs running in the background. usually i just disable all the programs, msn, msn discovery, antivirus, firewall..all the crap just because i dont know which of those ****ers are causing the sturrering. It doesnt appear to be a driver problem. A side note..i also had it in generals though not exactly the same..its was a longer delay and not that often, but found out it was because of a heat problem..

16. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3
    I used to get that micro stuttering alot (in all games) it had to do with my nforce drivers i think... but anyway its been gone for months now and i dunno what was causing it in the end.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    none the less it is still an annoyance that should not happen...

18. gaddster

gaddster Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTS670 2gb
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    been there done that and micro pauses were still there it not the drivers as i said this the only game that does this all my other game runn silky smooth

20. becksgold

becksgold Active Member

GPU:
    Tsunami, if you want to run this game stutter-free, just install Detonators 45.23 ... you can do so with your 4600 Ti ... as others with newer cards can not do ... just try it and you will definitely find out that it can be solved with drivers.

I once had a 5900 Ultra ... no micro pauses with 45.23, pauses again with 5x.xx and early 6x.xx beta drivers, then switched to an ATI card and once again had stutter-free gameplay ...

OK guys. If you consider all this. What should I buy? 6800 GT, x800pro or x800xt?