nfsu 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by gotkookie, Jan 10, 2005.

1. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800GT @ 360/1100
    What kinda fps is everyone getting in Need for speed underground 2? At 1280x1024 everything set to the highest, max aa, everything on except vsync. Im getting 30 - 40 fps. Everyone else getting this low fps? I heard nfsu2 was a very poorly programmed game.

2. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I don't even get that, but I haven't tried it since my reinstallation of Windows. Yea, that game was extremely poorly programmed. I mean the road looks like crap and I can't get decent rates at basic 16x12 on my card, what kind of crap programming is that?

3. oc-nighthawk

oc-nighthawk Active Member

GPU:
    GF6800GT/SoftQuadro FX 4000
    Did you turn on texture filtering? My frame rate seems fast enough to me.

4. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro K2000
    15fps when all setting are maxed out @ 1024x768. :(

5. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Mine runs very smooth just drop the antialising by one and take of light trails u watch the game fly on 1280x1024....MAKE SURE Vsync is off it runs to choppy with it on...

6. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    I mean its playable, its just I would expect higher.

7. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sweet, turned down aa by one, and turned off light trails now my fps are 55 - 70 :D

8. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    just be thankful your not playing on a xbox. I personaly made a X-box to usb adapter and installed some drivers for the controller and use that on my pc. :D Much better then the console version.

9. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    I tried it on xbox, slow as **** and it looks like **** lol. Thats why I took it back to blockbuster and got the pc version. :D

10. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    If you think the xbox version is bad then don't try the PS2 version. I got the demo and it looked like crap with the low res textures and lack of shaders.

11. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    I also had a lot of problems with low fps in nfsu2 and I tought it was a video card problem but then i tried some other games and saw that is a nfsu2 problem...now i found a setting compromise to play it with good fps and good graphics....I am always saying the same, we do not need new hardware we need good programers that develope good software to utilize our hardware at 100%

12. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    RIGHT ON! I thought my Ti was just getting out of date, but wow, NFSU 1 ran better. Sure enough there were less graphical options, but as if they didn't make allowance for that??

A big thumbs down to EA for the dodgey programming :mad:

I have tried a few things. In certain NFS games, they run better when the RAM is filled up. I was running another game as well as NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 and I got better FPS :confused:

lol weird.

pz!

13. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 320MB SC // X1250
    damn, hot pursuit2 was a real laggy game... besides to being even older then underground & underground2 it seemed slower then those...

14. gdeliana

gdeliana Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1660 Ti
    I think you are wrong because i've got the demo version of NFSU2 in ps2 and it looks amazingly good as the TV reduces aliasing although the PS2 runs games at 640x480.
    Also don't understimate the power of the PS2. The PS2 has a bit more power from the Xbox. You want proof!!!

The xbox has a processor equivalent to a 700 Mhz Pentium 3 32 bit.
    The PS2 has a processor of 200 Mhz not 32bit BUT 128 bit

128/32=4 --> 200Mhz * 4 = 800 Mhz

So if we convert the PS2 to 32 bit it means 800 Mhz of processing power for the PS2

15. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    CPU! What about GPU???

Yeah, PS2 may have 128-bit CPU (which seems weird since only AMD have released a 64-bit in the last year andIntel are going to soon). It seems too advanced unless it is done without has much engineering as a Intel or AMD CPU. I would say even if it does have 128-bit in the CPU, it doesn't make up for the Nvidia GeForce 3 in the Xbox.

I'm sorry, but when it comes to gaming graphics, PS2 is rated the lowest, above Gamecube. When playing NFSU 1 or 2 on Xbox, graphics have always been better and run smoother, so in this case CPU doesn't do much. If they wanted to bring out it's full potential they should have not used a graphic synthesiser which is why the PS3 will have an Nvidia card of some sort since Sony signed a contract with Nvidia for their PS3. The Xbox 2 will have some sort of ATi card. So the next release will be interesting....

BTW I get 25 FPS in NFSU2 in 1024 x 768 with all detail in full except Over Bright, Horizon Fog, Fog, Vsync and Motion Blur enabled. That's with using 71.22 drivers in 2xQ AA and AF at OFF (Billinear). It's playable , any lower then it's a b!tch to run.

Thanks!

PZ!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005

16. oc-nighthawk

GPU:
    I really don't care about the details. :D It looks like crap thats all that matters. :) None of those specs has anything to do with the ps2's lack of iq.

Edit:

Not to mention, its a pain in the ass to work with it. Frankly its so weak overall that the textures have to reamin small and if you don't get the mesh triangle strips perfect it will chug.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  17. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Yep, right on!!!

18. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    yeah overbright and enhanced contrast seem to cause a the biggest hit. Turn them off and it will do better. The road texture is abit of driver issue that is intermittent to setting changes in the panel. Yeah I reinstalled HP2 not too long ago and even with good fps it still feels slow.

19. Drunkenmasta

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Yeah just took off overbright and enhanced contrast. FPS much more consistent.

pz

20. okcpu

okcpu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7950 GT
    Just after playing the demo and i have it running really well except for a few wee hiccups when im doing 80 mph down some of the straights. Is this normal?