NFS: shift2 unleashed crossfire performance fixed

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mao5, Mar 29, 2011.

1. mao5

mao5 Guest

the same old trick, use Radeon Pro, and only use AFR mode, no profile needed.

the fps is raised from 3x fps avg -> 8xfps avg on my 5870CF with 1920x1440 resolution and all max settings.

2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Isnt the game out on Friday ?

What FPS are you getting ?

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The game is out on USA territories.

mao5, AFR doesn't give you flickering textures sometimes? Which Catalyst driver are you using?

4. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    it gives flickering textures that's true...and the game is a bit more bright...than with original cfx state...but a racing game with less fps isn't racing anymore...lol...it's not crysis 2 we can live with these flickers...

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, it's not annoying like in Crysis where the entire screen flickers like crazy.

Funny thing is Shift 1 runs great with CFX, but Shift 1 profile makes performance worse, actually.

6. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    well 11.4 update is coming tomorrow so hold thumbs for a performance increase.
    http://twitter.com/catalystcreator

Any links for a leak ?

Off topic but the Darkspore beta is out on steam busy downloading now... interested to how that performs

7. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Guys, if you get very dark inside in car, just disable this settings

[​IMG]

8. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    it's failed optimization...i dont actually see differences on quality between shift 1 and shift 2, but they utilize the gpu's differently and need specified name on exe...on the other hand crysis 1 and crysis 2 utilize the gpus exactly the same as .exe...who knows...maybe EA, made hidden improvements on shift 2...lol:bang:

9. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    Hey i just wanted to add that u shouldnt get ur hopes high about the graphics, they really look like crap tbh... its the same as the older NFS SHIFT what makes me laugh alot is how they claimed that forza and gt5 looked dull when this looks not only worse than gt5 but also worse than forza3 xD.

10. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    still looks dark inside the car.. even darker using the helmet cam, damn games are plagued with this, even in TDU2 its impossible to drive using the cockpit cam because of the darkness..

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It doesn't seem to work for me, fps did go up. But my car is all black, and got black stripes in the sky.

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    another game that AMD/ATI ****ed up.
    its impossible to play it this way incar views are near enough total darkness WTF is with that ****

13. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    thats weird, but im playing it on max with hd4870 and theres no such problem on my card, maybe try disabling crossfile alltogether it might get fixed

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Crossfire is not working, forcing it causes lots of issues by now.

Running fine here with Crossfire disabled. Framerates are not that good, but gameplay is very smooth.

Some screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    if u ask me the graphics are way to horrible for the game even to dare to ask that much performance...

16. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    I'm having problems with antialiasing, too many edgs here and there even with maximun settings. FPS are very low too 11.3 drivers..

17. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    hey, thats normal, it happens on all other nfs games aswell, the thing that really made me mad was that they claimed that games like forza 3 and gt5 were "dull" and graphics were boring while the nfs shift 2 was gonna show them all how great graphics they can make and lock them at 30fps blablabla, and now look at it, it looks bad and plays bad...

18. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well to fix the darkness in HUD and HELMET cam you have to disable crossfire with rad pro or what ever you use.

then the darkness is gone but also are your frames.
    i cant believe this game runs worse than shift 1 does and graphically there both very simular as in nothing to get lock jaw over.

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My thoughts exactly.

Im glad i didnt buy this game LMFAO :)
    this is the reason why i dont and will only support games i have tryed out first then buy i aint falling for these trickery's again.

20. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    also about the helmet cam, its good but the royalty runs out after playing the game for about 10 minutes then after that you have to change to the normal view otherwise you get disorientated, do you guys like racing on a boat lol