nforce Unified Remix 8.22 4.0

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by {HLH}, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Reidhardt

Reidhardt Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT 256mb
    I did the uninstall process to the dime but for some reason the audio drivers did not install properly. I manually installed them from the directory afterward and they installed just fine. Was the only problem I had.

2. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

wierd!, ...

3. SonGoCHaiN

SonGoCHaiN Guest

GPU:
    MSI 390 Gaming OC 8 GB
  4. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

same..........

5. ViperBoy

ViperBoy Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800NU AGP
    Seems to work well for me on both a nforce3 250gb and nforce2 system. The only issue I see is the install decompression warning from the zip program you used. Are you planning another update that addresses some peoples NIC issues?

6. Deisler

Deisler Guest

GPU:
    Pixelview 6600GT 128mb
    road kill

thanks, your set just killed my mobo. am going to the service center tmr and see how it ends up. expired warranty *gulps*. tried everything, driver cleaner, reformating, reinstalling windoz and still no luck. errors reading files or corrupted files. probably the IDE driver screwed up big time. finally reset cmos, mobo dont detect anything anymore. phew. what a damned day.

7. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080

That's funny, cuz all of us (including me) who "beta" tested the last set love these to death.......

and guys, did you fix the lan issue or is it just me, cuz I did the changes that you asked in the other thread and saw no change.....let me know, and I will put these in and give em a run......

You guys are to be commended on this set cuz it does rock........:dave:

8. daveid

daveid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS + 7300GT DDR3 / 7600GS
    there is absolutely no way a driver set would cause these problems. if you format your hard drive and reinstall windows, all traces of the drivers are gone, completely.. and windows/other os drivers have no effect upon the bios. sorry, but something else is screwing up your computer...

9. ViperBoy

ViperBoy Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800NU AGP
    Deisler - an IDE driver can not destroy your hard drive. It is possible that an improperly caching driver could trounce your MFT or other critical written data which would wipe out your filesystem, but if you can't reinstall either (with a full format, not quick), then your drive is dead. It could be that the newer driver just performed differently and wrote to different blocks or wrote over bad blocks more or less often until they gave out completely.

Try using your drive's diagnostic tools (get latest versions from vendor website) - this sounds like drive failure to me and is quite common. If you see any bad blocks - toss the drive - some diagnostic tools can "repair" the disk by marking blocks bad, but that is basically just a placebo - if your drive is dying, giving it a splash of makeup isn't going to solve the underlying problem and drives are too cheap to play chicken with

10. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

my friend corrupted his hdd once, he accidentally knocked out the power dongle while it was on... there was 12,000 bad blocks

48 hours of low level formatting later, everything was fixed :)

11. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

viperboy

this is the same version driver as that in 7.15,

the 7.15s include support for all released nf3 nics, so i don't understand why its causing a slowdown other then the fact the inf isn't right

anyways, i've updated the fd inf and the netbus inf, to see if the changes fix it,.. if they don't... it has to be an nvidia issue, and i might have to use the 5.09s from the 7.15's as they have some older files

12. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

13. KremaTor

KremaTor Member

GPU:
    9800PRO/430,716 +ati silencer
    why no "Audio driver version 4.64" from vista inside?!

14. OuTman

OuTman Guest

first, hi everybody :)

@ {HLH}:
    I see you tweaked PollIntervalInus parameters in the Ethernet 5.09 driver (nvenetfd.inf file, for nForce 3/4).

can you give us more info about that?
    what's the purpose of the tweaked parameters ?

this unified remix driver pack is really a good job :toke: :thumbup:

edit: reformulation

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2006
  15. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

lol, i didn't tweak it, i was trying to get compatiblity between nf4 and nf3 ethernet and that was a setting in nf3 ethernet card drivers

16. Niewitch

Niewitch Member

Crashes

Pretty nice set of drivers.

Anyway theres some beta drivers affect frequent crashes of "irq not less or equal" in games...

17. AngelfireUk83

AngelfireUk83 New Member

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6200 128mb AGP 91.47
    I would like to use this set but the 4.62 audio driver I downloaded from nVidia in January and after restarting my PC. NVmixer has like an echo effect constant which the only way to turn off is to switch your speakers to another option say 5.1 then back 2.1.

I've no idea if people will get the same from your mixed set but just thought I'd let people know. Unless it's my AOPEN board that's doing it I have to stick with the official 4.42 from the 5.10 set.