Nforce drivers 4.24 released

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by evilcircuit, May 10, 2004.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Yeah I have been encountering this recently, wonder if thats what fubared my new hard drive... only had it 4 days when installed 3.13 with NVIDIA IDE driver and drive started to fail.

This is a bit of a joke to be honest NVIDIA should be testing their drivers before public gets them so it dont fubar the drives, had alot of weird hdd detection problems then eventually it hard locked on every boot. Stuck a new HDD in rolled back to default XP MS driver and seem's fine thank god.

Also noticed with NVIDIA IDE driver in the event viewer CD ROMS were whining about bad blocks even though there was no disc's loaded! Sometimes the same with the hard drive, NVIDIA IDE drivers do seem dodgy.

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Yeah noticed that aswell, NVIDIA are very sloppy getting as apparently these drivers are no different to last beta set but packaged up as final set.

Thinking of going back to 3.13 because knowing NVIDIA and their crappyness wont see a new driver for good few months.

Curse them we hatses them!

3. jfolds

jfolds Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 470
    uninstall?

errr... well... i looked under remove apps in control panel and the only thing nvidia showing up is my video card 60.11 detonators, not shoing any of the previous nforce motherboard drivers there.

In fact, i dont even know if the nforce motherboard drivers have ever been installed i've gotten this install popup screen then nothing for every revision of the drivers i've tried to install.

if anyone can help me install these 4.24's please heeeelp ;)

Jamie

4. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    clean install is always good after some time. Maybe you've had windows without cleaning too long... who knows...

5. Djin

Djin Guest

I just did a complete format and installed another stick of my RAM...

Installed the 60.11 and the newest nForce drivers and my PC is so freaking fast it's not even funny. I am having ZERO issues.

I guess I'm lucky...

6. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Im having no issues at all either... so I'm allright wit the new drivers ;)

7. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 3060 TI
    yeah same here i nad no issue on that driver

8. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    i have no issue's at all! :D

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™

Ofcourse not, not like you lot are using SoundStorm :eek: hence why you wont have issues.

Though what I do find odd is how you have no issues with all channels, apparently alot of people have no center channel from what I read on nForcersHQ as thats same problem im having on Abit NF7-S Rev2.

Though funny enough managed to get Winamp to play center channel with 5.1 plugin for 4.31 but really shouldnt have to since it worked with 3.66 audio driver set.

10. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    wow sweet drivers, i installed them, restarted and i couldnt get it to post into win xp. Good job nVidia!

11. Vali Carpati

Vali Carpati Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 7300GT Gs GLH
    Works ok on my rig.