nForce 6.14 Beta DOWNLOAD

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by {HLH}, Nov 4, 2004.

1. glObalist

glObalist Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980ti Gamin
    Exactly! Who ever came up with this uninstall/DriverCleaner thing and do they have any evidence to support its neccesity? Does nVidia say so or who does? Damn...

2. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Before I started using Driver Cleaner on a regular basis there have been a couple of times after a forceware update where I have been left with files from two sets of drivers showing in the nVidia control panel. By this I don't mean duplicate files but say nvcpl.dll from one version and nv4_disp.dll from another version.
    This alone is a good enough reason to use Driver Cleaner.
    I also think it's worthwhile using Cab Cleaner so Windows doesn't try installing drivers it finds in it's cab files when you reboot after an uninstall.

3. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Apparently, judging that no one replied to my SATA RAID post, I'm the only one who has it. Wow, I feel so cool ;)

Here's what caused me to reformat:

With the 5.10 drivers installed, I uninstalled all NVIDIA drivers in Add/Remove except for display.

I restarted and went into Safe Mode. Ran Driver Cleaner to remove other files.

Proceeded to install all parts of the 6.14 driver except for audio.

Restarted, system boot failure. Windows boot screen doesn't even come up. Tries to boot off the HDs and restarts repeatedly. No error message, just a black screen.

What's interesting is that I have no problems if I don't use Driver Cleaner. If I uninstall the drivers with Add/Remove and reboot, Windows loads and I can install different drivers without problems.

Perhaps it's my computer, maybe just my ignorance, but can anyone tell me why the procedure above results in boot failures?

4. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    People use driver cleaner to prevent previouse version driver conflicts. In most cases the code in these driver sets dont conflict with 1 another especially with chipset drivers, but if they do its a real mess, so to be certain, people use driver cleaner and cab cleaner as more a preventive maitenance , more so then a necessity. I have another pc with a via chipset and when i downloaded the latest set its installer program had a built in uninstaller, and it proceeded to uninstall my old set itself, so it must be important to get rid of the old drivers and their files...

5. BENCHMARKMAN

BENCHMARKMAN Guest

No one answered my question.

6. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Personally I went for the whole package but each to his own.

7. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Yea, I always unistall ALL of the nVidia drivers before installing chipset drivers. Let windows detect the stuff but click "cancel" on every window that opens to install something. Once thats done the popup at the taskbar will say "hardware nit istalled properly" or something but that doesnt matter now. Restart again and then install the 6.14 drivers. once thats done, restart AGAIN. Once win loads, install the graphics cards drivers, do the final restart and you should be done. :thumbup:

8. BENCHMARKMAN

BENCHMARKMAN Guest

You guys still didn't read my question. I already installed the 6.14 - the ide driver. Now I was told its a good idea to install the ide driver. So just to install the IDE driver I need to uninstall the WHOLE package?

Also like to report that with this sound driver I lose sound in windows after exiting Star Wars Battlefront.

9. hypeman

hypeman Guest

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  10. Freeze

Freeze Member

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    I believe you have installed everything but the IDE drivers. For that you can first create a system restore point (just in case something goes wrong) and manually update the IDE drivers through Device Manager.

11. sloeri

sloeri Member

GPU:
    MSI 680GTX 2Gb
    well...

I installed them.... and i'm happy :D

HD perf. improvement of 10% .... thats high for "Just a driver"....

sound driver seems to fix the problem i had with 6.11 ... (sometimes had a bsod due to some sound driver...) thats solved.. and the sound quality seems ok too...

gonna do some benchies ...:cool:

greetz
    me :D

12. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    I did a complete uninstall of all nVidia drivers, safe mode driver clean, ran cab cleaner and installed nForce 614 and nVidia 66.81 drivers and all is running great. I played Farcry 1.1 and Doom3, the graphics were sharper and smoother than with any other driver i tried. I did not run any bench test, i have not gotten any great improvement's with any of the drivers i have tested, the range will stay between 35,234 (65.73) to 36,202 (SS 56.72X) no oc'ing and default settings, this setup got me 35,508.

Cheers from the deep South :D

13. Darki

Darki New Member

GPU:
    MSI FX5600 128mb
    Hmm my cdrom is gone after i installed the IDE driver but everything else working fine ;)

14. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    I had the same problem with the earlier nForce sw drivers, i had to choose no when asked to install sw drivers to be able to use my cd-rw. These sw drivers corrected that problem and worked for me. I did have to uninstall the 66.81 video drivers, played a little Farcry and got too many glitches, went back to 61.77's.

15. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Found it was ok here if I uninstalled 66.81 graphics drivers first, then uninstalled nForce drivers. After that I installed the new nForce drivers followed by graphics 66.81. No probs with Far Cry here.

16. Djin

Djin Guest

Battlefield Vietnam 'seemed' to take a lot longer to load the games then before.

17. alanc

alanc Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800 Ultra
    I have these installed on my nf7-s v2 mobo and they work great...

tried with my msi k8n neo2 (nforce3) mobo, and a NO GO....

Anyone get them working with nforce3?

18. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Well. Is it JUST ME or my CD Burning (in Windows Media Player 10) is going really sloooow!!!! Everything else if fine though. Just burning audio CD's.......

19. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    k8nspro, works fine .

20. alanc

alanc Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800 Ultra
    754 pin..... but good to know... not much impressed with the msi for overclocking a little buggy