nForce 4 Chipset drivers in Vista?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by tupelo20, Jan 30, 2007.

1. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    I have an DFI NF4-SLI DR mobo & Opty 170 running Vista Ultimate.

My question is anyone experiencing difficulties trying to put the sytem to sleep in Vista

If not tell me your BIOS setting for ACPI is it S1 or S3 or Both S1&S3

I cant figure out if the problem is chipset related or VGA related because I also have an 8800 GTX(enough said over those drivers)

Also no Vista NF4 64 bit chipset drivers have been released and if I look at today's headlines ATI does its driver jobs a hell of lot better then NVidia.

When will nvidia wake up?

2. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    try bois update

3. Lord Banshee

Lord Banshee Master Guru

GPU:
    X1950XT 512 @ FireGL 7350
    Yes nvidia needs to get on the ball, I am getting annoying problem with my nic. Every other time i restart my computer the driver isn't installed for it correctly. I have to uninstall the driver and restart then it works fine...

Give me my drivers nvidia.

4. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    I have the latest BIOS :)

5. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Banned

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTS OC 640mb
    Vista should install everything, it did on my mobo, did do windows update

6. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Yeah, whoever posted about bios update and randomness as such, that is irrelevant. Nvidia doesn't need chipset drivers for Vista because they're included.

7. RIAA

RIAA Banned

Windows Vista includes generic drivers for nvidia chipsets, not directly manafactured by Nvidia. Nvidia had like 2 years to work on the drivers for Vista, eversince Vista was in beta. No excuse for Nvidia, period.

8. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    Yeah Sure

Did you ever bother to look at nvidia user forums.
    You'll see about 50 topics on how "Great" the nf4 drivers in vista are.

Why is the vast majority of NF4 users having problems with sleep state and slow responses on RAID 0 Issues because nvidia did a good job,

No network after resuming from hibernate

Why does the Nforce audio driver only see 2 speakers when a 5.1 set is present.

Need I go on'???

This is only a small selection.

because I'm using the included Vista drivers.

Only thing why my raid set isn't fu**ed up is because I use the Sillicon raid set and not nvraid.

Nvidia should take responsability and listen to their users or they will lose a hell of a lot off customers over these Vista issues.

No single WHQL Vista drivers have been released since mid oktober.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  9. Hav0q

Hav0q Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA Titan X
    I'm having a lot of problems with my Abit AN8 Ultra (nFORCE 4 Ultra) motherboard, I've tried looking everywhere and posted a help ticket with nVIDIA but they're always very slow to respond. What's worse-this morning I was thinking of trying the Vista Beta 2 drivers to see if they'd fix any of the issues I'm having but when I got home, someone removed them from nVIDIA's Beta Driver page...FFS, I hope that means they'll have a newer, updated driver soon...WTF have they been doing all this time? Don't they know that there's a still a ton of users that have nForce 4-based systems???

Good thing Guru3D.com still has the drivers up, perhaps they'll help a bit.

10. zed201

zed201 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 CLASSIFIED
    there is some good reading on the sound issue on the sound card threads
    a sound balster tech for the Alchmey drivers was on there today and said he will be there tomarrow the sound issue is most likely the same since SB and
    most other sound cards used the same HAL layer to prosses the sound
    everybody is in the same boat with vista and driver
    went to HP site to see if there any driver for my 1218ix printer
    the driver web site said they are not goig to support that printer and vista
    i paid 400.00 for this printer 4 years ago so when i up grade to vista i will have to buy a new printer i price one to day one that dose everything this one dose is 300.00 and gest what it dont have vista driver yet there in the works
    same with my HP scaner no vista driver yet there beta if you want to try them so i gest i will wait till mid to end year befor i update
    sorry just venting

11. Hav0q

Hav0q Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA Titan X
  12. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    yeah nvidia is pissin alot of people off lately, and most is for good reason.for one they are doing this thing lately where they are just overly flooding the market with new chipsets while the ones that are just barely a year old just stops getting drivers. and they are doing it with the graphics cards too. 3 entire lines of motherboard chipsets in 1 years time and support for all are boarderline moderate if not just poor.with gpu's they are just throwing new tech out without having support for it, let alone decent support for what they brought out just before that, and before that etc. and nvidia is getting worse every year, just flood the market with products without without fully fuctional drivers, or updated consistant fixes.

the only thing that id say to nvidia is this: we pay YOU bitches! now earn your paycheck or people like me that will buy 2 high end graphics cards on a new product release day(and keep em for 2 years heh but whatever,im paying for driver support for as long as i own the cards so f^k em) will just go take that money and put it towards an r600and a new os,which will lead to a chipset from ati, which would lead to crossfire, which would lead to nvidia not getting a cent from me, why the hell would i want to buy 1 8900 let alone 2 from a company that appreciates its consumer base like this, nvidia needs to slow down and fix thier crap before bringing 1 more new product to the market period

13. tupelo20

tupelo20 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SSC in SLI
    At last there here

updated de nf4 drivers with 64 bit driver released today still sleep issues
    machine instantly wakes up.

And Suddenly EUREKA itgot to me my jumper settings were set to +5v for USB support in S3 for XP

Set them to default and my baby Opty sleeps like a rose

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  14. citam

citam New Member

GPU:
    ATI x700 PRO 256MB
    @tupelo20: Where did you get 64bit drivers for NF4?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007