nForce 15.23 drivers out!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Stray_Bullet, Sep 12, 2008.

1. GTstrudl

GTstrudl Member

GPU:
    GF 8800 GTS 640
    You can find a readme file in c:\NVIDIA\nForceWinVista\15.23\IS\Awy

2. morsmortis

morsmortis New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800 gx2
    Unless you like reformatting DO NOT install these.... especially if you have a raid setup.

3. bozotheclown

bozotheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    2x8800GTS512@stock
    I have no problem with them whatsoever

4. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    nForce 15.23 on Vista 64

Me neither. My system run flawlessly. Of course a pair of Samsung F1 or Velociraptors would bring more than my actual Seagates. I don't have any problems with nVidia Raid controller and I never had any since I use nVidia boards.

5. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    oh, and and don't get confused by my name, I didn't changed it over the years because I like it

6. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    here is my latest info
    Vista sp1 updated everything with windows update.
    it updated me to nvraid to 9.98
    4 sata 80gigers in a raid0 (4k cluster from windows vista format during install and 16K stripe width/size in my nvraid bios settings)

[​IMG]

my avg speed looks great
    my BURST and CPU USAGE is terrible.

in my prev windows installs i had the normal 4k cluster vista sp1 does and in my nvraid bios i had the settings of a 4k stripe width/size

with that i was getting around 90MBs avg and 40% cpu usage.

i wonder if i need to make my stripe width/size = 32K in nvraid bios.
    that cpu usage and my burst rate are both TERRIBLE.

7. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    The smaller the stripe size, the higher the load because it has to work WAY more.
    I would even suggest 64k because of todays average filesize.

pato

8. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    yea i know that.

the problem is vista is using 4K clusters which is stupid imho.

with winxp it used 16K clusters and i would set my raid stipe to 16K also and everything FLEW....i mean it was fast and low cpu usage.

i just tried a 32k stripe with vista 4k cluster and cpu usage went to 15% and my avg aspeed also fell to 136MB`s

i want to have both 16K stripe and 16Kcluster.

with acronis disk director 10 i changed cluster size from 4K to 16K and vista wouldnt boot.
    so i had to change it back and it booted ok

if someone knows how to get this done please let me know.

i dont care about anything being compressed or even restore images that vista creates....i use acronis true image already for my restore so i dont have to use vista.

9. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    16k stripe with 4k clusters using hdtach for benchmark.
    windows update drivers which were 9.98 for the raid
    it showd 33% cpu but avg rad = 176MB`s and 270MB`s burst.

guess i will stick with this.

[​IMG]

here is the 15.23 forceware from nvidia site

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  10. Shaythong

Shaythong Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA / 7150M / 128mb

11. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
  12. troop

troop Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX
  13. MadPerson

MadPerson Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 9600GT 512MB
    when i installed 15.23 on a Nvidia 520 board it didnt ask me to install the "Network Management Tools" anyone else get this...

14. xtravagan

xtravagan New Member

GPU:
    9800GTX
    Anyone seen any change notes somewhere for these drivers?

15. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    installed 15.23 without using driver cleaner

should i have uninstalled with driver cleaner or driver sweeper b4 i installed new drivers?
    im not able to O\C my cpu or GPU as hi as i used to and am getting BSOD lately when i do push them. is it necessary to use the cleaner and if so what do i remove everything? im running MSI K9N sli palt with AMD 5800 brisbane cpu. so should i take out everything except the video driver?(i have 178.13 installed).
    any help appreciated gurus...

16. wussyness

wussyness New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640
    I installed the 15.23 on my Rig after removing all the other Drivers and now all I get is BSOD every time it gets to loading Windows, even when trying to get in through Safe Mode. any thoughts guys or am I screwed and have to format? I would prefer to not have to format considering my GF is a doofus and put all our pics on the C drive instead of on the Storage drive like i told her to. Oh well. Thanks in advance.
    Wuss

17. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You'll probably have to reinstall, I'm afraid. Updating/changing motherboard drivers on a running and stable system is generally not a good idea, imo.

You can try a previous restore point, though...

p.s.: Welcome to Guru3D, wussyness. :)

18. g4s4mx440seman

g4s4mx440seman New Member

GPU:
    Pny/Nvidia Geforce FX5700 Personal Cinema/128MB
    Possible reason for slowdown

Anyone who has the older x-fi cards, vista, and an nforce 4 mobo know of thoe popping issues caused by 'pci latency issues'. Well, I've been having that problem for 2 years now and have been trying to figure out the ACTUAL cause of the popping/gapping in my audio and I found that it points to the access of the HDD. Every time I run a game or anything that uses audio and access the hdd to load a level or cell or something, I get a crap load of pop noise and minor dropouts because the hdd controller is hogging the cpu/HT bus. Ever since I've updated to the 15.23 nforce drivers, hdd access speed has been reduced a bit, but I don't get ANY of the audio problems that I've had in the past. It makes sense right?

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Interesting. Thanks for mentioning this, g4s4mx440seman, and welcome to Guru3D! :)

20. Bobcat665

Bobcat665 New Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800 GTX+ OC 512mb
    I`ve had horrendous problems with 15.23 as I had described in another thread about the "nvlddmkm" debacle. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=229865&page=21
    Constant random lockups and crashes all having to to with the "nvlddmkm" thang. I must've re-installed Win Vista at least a dozen times because of it! For the good of all humanity, I'll repeat my findings here:

Using RAID drivers from nforce 15.23 is a very baaaaaaaad idea! It`s really weird that a RAID driver would have anything to do with the vid card driver but it is what it is... Using F6 drivers straight from the cd is what I had to do. Installing 15.23 over top after is fine afterward but using raid drivers straight from 15.23 is not good. The only way to get rid of a bad chipset driver install is to redo your windows install. No other way.

Updating BIOS willy nily is also a baaaaaaad idea. Ya, I know, we`ve all heard it; but it`s so true. Ya gotta watch which version you use with what proc. I had to figure out which BIOS worked properly with my q6600. Only use newer bios with newer chips.

Cheers! :)