nForce 15.17 Vista 32&64bit XP 32 & 64Bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by antonyfrn, Jun 15, 2008.

1. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    I have tried to activate Teaming on my Asus M2N-Sli Deluxe using the Networking Management in the NVidia Control Panel but it doesn't work.

I'm running Windows Vista 32bit edition and every time I switch it on I can't connect to the LAN network/Internet. My two main network adapters don't get bridged into one single adapter(as it did for example when I first tried this on Windows XP)so I guess that either it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong.

The drivers have been "cleanly reinstalled" using Driver Sweeper so I don't think that could be a problem. Has anyone else had this problem...?

I would also like to mention that I have VMWare Workstation installed on my machine so I hope this is not causing a conflict with the teaming setting(since VMWare adds it's own network adapters for client side networking).

2. GPU

GPU Guest

I see a second folder in the floppy folder Disk1 has the normal F-6 files .What are the Disk 2 files for I don't recall seeing that before , any one know ?

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    wow! after almost 2 years of no nforce drivers for the NF6 series a new whql appeared believe it or not i'm extremely happy (not that the old set was bad it was great).

anyway i've installed this new set haven't uninstalled the old one just upgraded by going to Safe Mode and installing one reboot later and all was a-ok, benched a couple of games.. directx fps was identical to the previous set but i've gained 2fps in opengl games such as Doom3, Riddick and Q4 no idea why, i've rebooted twice and retried twice same result so maybe the drivers improved something (perhaps memory specific?) since opengl is known to be bus and memory sensitive.

awesome drivers.

4. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Anybody that running xp know how to install the raid driver? :bang:

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    btw i've noticed the Ethernet now is called 10/100/1000mbps the options are still the same though, anyway been playing some "heavy" games flawlessly also i've benchmarked twice 3dmark06 while PRIME was running in order to stress everything and again great.

XP with SP3 here.

6. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Does anyone know if this overcomes the royal.sys bluescreen when using a vista activation overide (I'm testing my PC with vista before activating it using my OEM copy).

7. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Gaming Z
    As you are still testing your PC, please report back to us if this overcomes your BSOD problem.

8. FiRem00

FiRem00 New Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 8800GT OC
    Nice find

9. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Well, didn't get the Royal.sys BSOD but got another one.....one which wouldn't even let me get into Safe Mode (used to get this when updating Nforce drivers on XP, never had it with Vista before).

I ended up having to use the Vista disc to repair, selecting a system restore before installing the driver (luckily I created one myself as I thought I might get problems).

So not recommended from my point of view.

I have Vista SP1 on a RAID 0 with two 74GB Raptor drivers.

10. Pheebau

Pheebau Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GX2 1GB DDR3
    Has anyone got them running successfully on a 590i mobo?

It is listed as supported but just curious on feedback...

Thanks

11. robrace

robrace New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 7900GTX SLi 512mb
    Hi
    This is my first post, so here goes...

I have currently the nforce 4 6.86 chipset drivers installed and would like to update to the 15.17 drivers on my
    XP SP2 32bit system.

I would really appreciate if someone can perhaps give me a step-by-step installation guide.
    For instance, do you first remove the Ethernet driver, systems management driver and storage driver in the Windows add/remove program and run driversweeper?

Do you install the 15.17 Ethernet, SATAIDE, SATARAID drivers, RAIDTOOL, SMUdriver and the SMBus driver when prompted?

I do not want to make a mistake so could someone please help!

Thanks!

12. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    I'd love to try it, but as I've been very unlucky with nForce drivers so far... The only ones with which my rig is stable are the 9.35, and even then... Choosing to install NAM will get me BSOD's and malfunctioning network features.

It is the first time in ages that there is a new official set of drivers for my mobo on nVidia's site though. Might try them after all.

13. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    I have noticed a flaw on my system with this driver. It's nothing big really but sometimes rather anoying. I have noticed that the only difference between these 15.17 and the 15.15 drivers is that nvidia updated the ethernet driver.

There is were my problem lies. When I boot my pc I don't have a internet connection immediately meaning everything that boot's up with windows and requires a internet connection tells me there is no connection. Then I have to manually reconnect everything. For example take steam. This is with the 15.17 drivers.

I didn't have the problem with 15.15, So I'm going to check if installing the 15.15 that fixes my problem.

Installing another does not fix my problem. Does anyone have a solution.

Nvidia XFX 8800GTX 600/1900/1350 /W 177.35
    Intel Core2duo Wolfdale e8200 2.66GHz
    A-Data DDR2 4GB 800MHz
    Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000rpm
    Asrock penryn 1600fsb Nvidia Nforce 680i
    Coolermaster 620Watt Powersupply
    Microsoft Windows Xp Pro Corporate 32bit version. /W service pack3

EDIT: The problem was solved when I Uninstalled Windows service pack 3. I noticed that my keyboard and mouse also did not work when I booted. They started before my internet but like 10 seconds after the boot. I have no drivers installed so they work on the windows standard drivers with the standard (sp3) usb controllers. That's when I knew.

I uninstalled SP3 and uninstalled my drivers. I installed my drivers (nforce 15.17) and everything worked okay. I'm installing sp3 now to see if everything keeps working.

SECOND EDIT: Installed xp3 and everything is still working fine. Now using the forceware 177.26 and the nforce 15.17. so problem completely solved.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  14. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    @Scandalous: You might wanna fill in your rig's info, dude. That'll make your post somewhat more relevant.

15. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Edited my comment with the information about my rig.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008

16. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Kinda off-topic, but dysfunctional USB devices are one of the known issues with SP3.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    got a question.. what's the SMU included in the drivers? it wasn't in the previous set, there is SMBUS alone and SMU alone.

i've installed (checked) both and all is ok but not sure what it does or where its installed.

18. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Good to know, at least I know where the problem lies if it occurs again.

19. bodean

bodean Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Yes
    have same MB, works well

20. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I have exactly the same prob on my 680i mobo, with drivers 9.64 and now these 15.17.
    I have SP3 integrated on my Windows XPpro disk.
    The older 9.53 drivers don't exhibit this problem on the same windows instalation.
    So I was using a mixture of 9.64 drivers with 9.53 ethernet drivers for a while.

I've just done a fresh install with 9.64 and recently with 15.17 and again the internet connection takes AGES to initialise upon bootup.

I realised my ethernet card was taking very long too "acquring network address".

I solved it by manually assigning my IP address settings. (I can do this as I have a fixed IP address from my router)

My system now boots as fast as it used to and the internet connection is active immediatley.

Here are my threads on other forums when I first discovered the issue.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...rd_id=1&model=Striker Extreme&page=1&count=11
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=ST&f=34&t=68098&st=0#entry383430