Next Upgrade For All Gurus?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by biggerx, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Gamer25

Gamer25 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Do you guys really need to up grade think of it. Every year or so some new sh1t comes out to take our money for very little perfomance increase WTF. Only upgrade if you have some sort of 6800/7800 cards then you'll see the difference is you have anything 8800 dont its not worth it cause you wont see anything different on screne. SAVE your money till 2010/2011

2. dp100

dp100 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GT 512mb
    i will probably skip the 9 series and wait for something that completely jss blows every other cards ass out easily, the 9 series really arent too big of a upgrade from the 8800's

3. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    I have 9800GTX in sli but there is NO ROOM FOR MY SECOND GPU!
    i am using p182 case and i just recently got it too! this isn't good, i was planning to get GTX280 but i don't know....no one wants to buy my card lol

4. Zooze

Zooze Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX465 1Gb Dual Fan
    I'll give you a 100 euro's for it :banana:

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Not rushing out and buying anything just yet! Going to wait for the reviews to come in see what happens with ATI and decide later in the summer/autumn time!

6. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I'll skip the upcoming generation of graphics cards and possibly Intel CPUs.

I'm doing fine in all games right now, and I'm sure that if some new games come out before 2010ish that will really need the processing power, I can just turn the detail down to medium. I can live with that.

7. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    I agree. Waiting is the best thing to do now unless you have a crap computer. If you have a 8800serie card, getting a gt-200 series would be kind of a waste. I bet they just want the card so they can say: Well, I can play crysis on 1600x1200 32aa 16ff etc, and get 60fps... After all is said and done. that 600 euro's of yours will be down the drain. Remember, money can only be spend once, so spend it wisely.
    Bigger and better things than crysis are on it's way. Think a GTX-280 can handle it?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  8. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i dont, too biased, partially informed in various ways and most of all, everyones hardware/driver configs are different and yield different results and problems which leads to the afformentioned
    with reviewers, at least the benchmarks are done the way they are supposed to be for the most part and can creat a solid base for which to better decide on purhcase decisions.

9. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 260 OC (Core 216)
    I'm most likely going wait till Autumn-Winter before i consider upgrading my graphics card and even so i still think my current card will still be enough by then but we'll see.

I'm not really bothered to see new tech infact i'm more than welcoming the idea having something at last to finally be a true successor to the 8 series cards,i've had my card since last year and its about damn time to see something new other than the less than stellar 9 series cards.

Other than that the rest of my pc is in good shape,my GTX is enough for now so i'm happy.

10. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Budget C2D system:

E2140/2160, GB P35, XMS2 maybe (DDR2 is so cheap, all top brands are ~$60-70 for 2GB kit).

11. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    Don't feel the need to upgrade just yet. Games are still running very well at the moment and im currently enjoying playing on my 360.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  12. Hanjin

Hanjin Member Guru

GPU:
    8gb RX Vega 64 LE
    Either Crossfire 4850's or a single 4870X2 depending price and depending if any of the cards offer better performance than a single 9800GX2.

At the moment I am getting pretty average performance right now with my 9800GX2.