Next-gen version of Cyberpunk scheduled for 2022

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    rl66 likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    A chance to redeem themselves in some eyes.
    Start afresh by firing those marketing managers selling us the unfinished work.
    Let game developers have the word when it's finished.
    And consolidation at security level wouldn't harm anyone, CDProjekt for sure learned something lately.
    I wish them the very best.

Celcius likes this.
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Nice for them, Vancouver is "the place to be" in game production (and Canada in general)...

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    It's not the marketers' fault either - that's like shooting the messenger. They're just doing what they're told. The problem is upper-management, who pushed for unrealistic release dates and diverted much-needed resources.

carnivore and anticupidon like this.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Next gen of a next gen . I missed something ?

Hypernaut likes this.
  6. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    "working on a next-generation version of the game"

What does this mean? Does it mean a patch for the current game or a completely new Cyberpunk 2 game for another $$$$$€€€€€ purchase price.

7. joshk

joshk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090
    Vancouver is a shithole now.

user1 and mig_07 like this.
  8. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    I

The consoles already have DirectStorage, so it has to be the PC built with Agility SDK, or DirectStorage

geogan likes this.
  9. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I know right. I seem to remember it being marketed as a next-gen experience. Unless there has been a huge leap forward in technology and we have missed something.

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    If by "place to be" you mean "place you can't afford rent or purchase property" then yes

Keitosha likes this.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So this next gen makeover will make it look like it is suppose to by default?

I mean they keep saying this is how it will look like, but we all know it doesn't.

Same with witcher3

chispy, Keitosha and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @-Tj-

We also now what killzone was supposed to looking but what we got was anything but it, never expect announcement trailer to look like final game, in this day and age there still using pre rendered movies and passing it off as ingame though most say "this is not in game" or something along those line. I even question the "in game" images shown sometimes.

That said my ps5 is waiting for free upgrade, seeing i got w3 goty for 9$ and CP2077 for 19$, also have them for pc but pc wont be doing 4k let alone RT anytime soon

13. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    From media industry point of course.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Everyone knows that trailers released 5 years before the game is finished is just concept art... the trailers released 1-2 years before the game was finished was very close to the end product. Cp2077 didn't get a massive visual downgrade like w3 did. Visually they only downgraded draw distance.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And foliage and lighting and whole atmosphere.. curious what they will do with these so called makeovers

16. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    While I certainly don't disagree with your post, I would add a bit more. Well, quite a bit, actually.

After allowing the, "game developers have the word when it's finished", I would add that CDPR then needs to allow the Quality Assurance and play-testers to have the *final word* that the game isn't broken, is free of immersion destroying elements, and is suitable for sale. Clearly, as we all know, this did *not* happen with the initial release of this title.

I'm employed in a Quality Assurance/Quality Control profession and I've found that the old-timers I work with were right when they told me that, "Eventually, if you do your job properly, everyone within the organization will come to dislike you."

We are tasked to look for trouble, and we're very good at it. I am, after all, one of the people who might tell management that the product the company promised to ship tomorrow has been found to be faulty, and does not meet minimum specifications. This will, of course, result in a riot breaking out in Sales. (It is an axiom within the Quality Control profession that, if Sales has priority over QC, then you essentially have no QC.) I'm pleased to say that our Sales Department has a very, very limited influence on our QC operation, but that situation is always subject to change.

Now, I don't develop games for a living, but I do purchase and play them as a form of entertainment. The number of very obviously buggy and broken elements present in a lot of big-budget, AAA games that somehow manage to "slip" into a release is appalling. And then, there are times that certain types of hardware have "unexpected" problems. Along with features of a game explicitly promised to consumers that are either absent, crippled or flat-out broken. It seems clear to me that any in-house play-testing and/or Quality Assurance feedback on many titles is very sparse and/or given no serious opportunity to have any meaningful impact prior to a game going "gold." That the QA operation has been given a shoestring budget, a limited window to time to perform it's function, and is almost certainly looked upon as, "financial overhead."

The infamous "We'll ship it when it's finished/ready" card has already been played. That good-faith capital has been spent, and spent poorly. I'd offer that CDPR has already committed an unforced-error in stating that this new Cyberpunk release is scheduled for the first-quarter of 2022. Why impose an unnecessary time-limit on yourself when this is possibly the best opportunity to redeem your studio's reputation?

geogan, fantaskarsef and anticupidon like this.