Newest Games Rating Chart (SPOILS)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by St3nic3, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    Lol, you thought you were getting one, Peter? Sorry, I mean Cliffy?

I'm not going to waste my time with that when I already know it will be as much use as a fart in a wetsuit.

By the way, you spelled Bleszinski wrong.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Cliff Bleszinsk

Cliff Bleszinsk Member

GPU:
    Gears of War 2
    Unfortunately, my last name is so long that it doesn't fit in the user name.

However, I included a pic of myself holding a lancer gun I recently bought.

Hopefully that is enough proof.

3. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)
    Dude.. Cliff Barker's Jericho got 5.2 and ****ty crysis 9.5
    While i think that Jericho was unique with features and crysis was a stupid massacre.. DO u really think i should listen to reviews?

4. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    You should read reviews, ignore the scores, and make up your own mind.

Jericho was a terrible game. It deserved the bad reception it got.

5. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)
    Jericho was a great game i passed it and it was a really interesting storyline, and iam w8ing for sequel..
    Not speaking about the 6 men team playing.. that was a new and innovative feature.. and a sniper - bullet -time was just great, that game cant be even compared with ****ty crysis and flat stupid facry.
    If u didnt pass it dont say its ****. cause i passed all of them.

6. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I don't understand what you're saying ...

I'm fine with that! That's exactly what I do, I watch the review, ignore the score and listen to the comments.

7. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    I think what should be realized here is everyone has different taste. Obviously, some people think some games are great while other think they suck. Just because you think a game sucks doesn't mean everyone else does - or vice versa. I liked some games on that list a lot more then the OP rated it at. I won't name them because it really doesn't matter. The point is, if you think that everyone should agree with your opinion of the game you need to deflate your ego a little bit.

8. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Stop trying to be rational. I hate Crysis :)

9. St3nic3

St3nic3 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Ge 260 Maxcore (216)
    Crysis is ****. dot :D no need to be polite.

10. pufiks

pufiks New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce go 7600 OC
    story line isnt intresting but I like that game, for me the best story line has Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. So now I have to wait until next year when will bw released Cod6:modern warfare 2 :D

11. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    how the hell can you give warhead a 6 and say bioshock gets a score below zero?

my turn

1) Fallout 3 - *8 (though iam not the real explorer type but i was very impressed by the atmosphere)

2) Farcry 2 - *6 (nice graphics, runs pretty decent on my rig, booring as hell and anoying shootouts
    )
    3) Crysis Warhead - *7 (great graphics, flat story though it intruiged me, and sucked me into it)

4) CoD4 - *6 (enough with the ww2 there for a 6, but other than that never got past 2nd level too boored of it. never did online so score is only based on sp)

5) Left 4 Dead - *8 played the demo and i LOVE coop and valve just did what they had to do, make a good game.

6) CoD5 - *3 sucks my balls

7) RED ALERT 3 - - did not play yet, but am planning to

8) BIOSHOCK - 8 first feeling - wow, just wow

9) GTA4 - 6 plays like gta, runs like ****. though there is a possiblility a patch can fix it to a 9

i dont really understand the critism of some people on games, i know there are diffrent tastes but in this row, there is NO game included wich is totely my kind of game (prince of persia, max payne, half life 2) and still i give them kind of good scores because they are good games.

12. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    .... I can't believe someone said BioShock deserves a score less than zero...
    What has this world come to...

13. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    GTA4 deserves a *10 ONLY IF IT RUNS BETTER. BEST STORY EVER,great graphics,and very realistic but performance is very crappy.

14. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    Haha I see Cliff Blezinski is now posting here as well. Good to see he agrees on some of my points.

So you admit that the games are mediocre but you give them good scores anyway, just for kicks? This just doesn't make sense.

Story in GTAIV was overrated, graphics are utter crap, performance is also awful. No way should GTAIV get a 10. If it looked better on the PC (which it should) and was better optimized, it would be a decent game. But as it stands it's basically an expensive coaster, useful only to keep your coffee mug from staining the table.

15. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    The only "new" games I have purchased and played on anyones list are Fallout 3 and Left4Dead. Here is my quick review on each.

Fallout 3 8/10 While a great game it does have its flaws. It gives back to the older games in the series in terms of humor and violence. I have found a few mission bugs(there are no robots in Big Town to show them how to build, to defend their town) but overall the story is good, size is good and you can spend as much or as little time as you like in finishing it.

Left4Dead. 9/10(Would be a 10/10 if you could practice with as the zombies in single player.)
    OK, I love this game. Is the story awesome, is there endless variety? Well in a word, no. The whole point to this game is to have fun. You shoot zombies, and that is all you need. The single player game while fun, is as many have said nothing to actually playing the multiplayer. I have just now started playing the multiplayer and I have to set an alarm to tell me to GO to bed. Sure the levels are the same over and over(with some changes depending on the AI director) but the amount of enjoyment is over 100%. Even when a human player hunter is eating my liver for the 10th time on the same set of stairs, its bliss. Things are so unexpected at times, it makes the game very entertaining.

Ok, thats just me. But Left4Dead in my opinion is near flawless.

16. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I've been messing around with GTAIV since this morning... I agree. It's crap. Runs like crap. The story is... what story ? It's just fun to mess around with. It does not deserve a 10. Do you know what 10 means people ?
    PERFECT.
    Of course no game is ever perfect ! But some games make up for their flaws through sheer brilliance, in design, in gameplay or in storyline.
    That's subjective, THAT is based on opinion.
    There is no space for opinion when it comes to Crysis; it sucks.
    Games that deserve 10/10 are few, but for me they're titles like bioshock and metal gear solid. Not some regurgitated junk from the bowels of a diseased beaver

17. BBN

BBN Master Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X 7950 3 Way Xfire
    agee

18. peter_molyneux

peter_molyneux Master Guru

GPU:
    Riva TNT2 16MB
    There are a few problematic quests but IMO the main problem with Fallout 3 is the writing. It's simply awful at times. Fortunately the open-endedness and ease of modding make up for some of the bad writing.

I suppose if you enjoy endless zombie shooting L4D is a fun game. But given Valve's impeccable reputation I expected something more than a run-of-the-mill zombie shooter that feels like a user-made Source mod. The setting is cliche, the graphics are seriously dated, the "AI director" is rudimentary at best, the weapons feel like unsatisfying airsoft guns, the matchmaking system is bad, and the much-hyped coop gameplay is a severe disappointment. If L4D was a free Source mod released by a few guys in their spare time, I could see giving it a high score. Instead we get a full price game with a 2+ (3+ perhaps?) year development cycle and TONS of hype that feels like a free mod.

19. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    what a joke

20. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    I agree...
    I wasn't even aware Gears of War was a game...
    I guess there never will be a peaceful agreement on scores and ratings. But seriously... GEARS OF WAR ?
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.