Newegg return policy on cpu's?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by brinkman94, Nov 24, 2005.

1. brinkman94

brinkman94 Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800 GS OC @470/1100 Stock
    hey i just wanted to know what Newegg's return policy was on cpu's? i how their in no restocking fee!

2. Munky

Munky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800 / AIW Radeon 9700 Pro
    Most of the processors now are warrantied through the manufacturer only. That means you will have to deal with Intel or AMD. You will usually have a 3 year warranty on the CPU (as long as it's retail with HSF).

3. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    i believe they except no returns only exchanges

4. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    They will replace your cpu, within 30 days I believe, with only the exact model. Also they won't cross ship cpus. I guess they want to check them for abuse..

5. brinkman94

brinkman94 Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 6800 GS OC @470/1100 Stock
    oh thanks for the info.

6. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX@497/1300
    Its clearly stated on there page the return policy for cpus only , I think its 10 days vs the normal 30days and it cant be used or somthing, it has to be phisically broken upon recieving it and un opened to get refund.

7. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX@497/1300
    Meh was close...

Money Back Guarantee/Refund Policy
    All merchandise unless otherwise indicated may be returned within 30 days from the original invoice date for a refund. CPUs must be returned within 7 days from the invoice date for a refund. A return authorization number is required for all returns. A 15% restocking fee may apply. Additional deductions may be made for CPU returns to reflect the current market value. These terms apply to all refunds. Most products are shipped with a refund/replacement guarantee period unless otherwise noted in the product listing. Customers must inform Newegg.com of any order discrepancy within 7 days from the invoice date so that we may investigate and resolve the situation accordingly.

Newegg.com SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Newegg.com offers our customers a 30-day satisfaction replacement or refund guarantee on all purchases, except:

• 7-day replacement or refund guarantee on all CPUs, including refurbished processors. All other refurbished merchandise has a 15-day warranty period.
    • For CPUs, the base cost will reflect the current market value, and the 15% restocking fee will be applied after this adjustment.
    • Downloadable software is refundable within 15 days of the original invoice date. Newegg.com will confirm that the product has not been downloaded and, upon verification, the customer will be issued a letter of destruction. Once he/she agrees to the terms stipulated in the letter, Newegg.com will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization number for the refund amount.
    • DVDs are non-refundable but may be exchanged for a functional version of the same film by using the pre-paid shipping label packaged with your order

You have 7 days but it doesnt have to be un opened or anything, but they can jack you in value if they so desire saying its gone down 100$ since you bought it.