NewEgg lists MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT graphics card at an absurd $ 1100 dollars.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    DannyD and chispy like this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    And everyone blamed scalpers for outrageous prices.
    My, my...greed is the only game played worldwide without any doubt.

Keitosha likes this.
  3. TalentX

TalentX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3090 SuprimX
    Well, they know that it'll be scalped anyway, so they charge the scalper's prices instead.
    Since it ships from China, you have also to consider that you'll be charged your country's import fees and tax on top of the $1100.

rl66 likes this.
  4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Stop using Newegg, Amazon, Alibaba and so... you will see price droping down.

As i have said many time, in real physical shop the price is just above official price right now (they have to do marging) for ANY video card.
    The only thing is that you still wait a week or two if not in stock due to shortage.

Exept if you want it, you shouldn't pay price like that, as there is no more reason to have those price.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I think its a mistake since its no longer listed on their site. They have 6700xt listings cheaper than that.

6. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Honestly gamers have shown they will pay literally any price for a GPU. $1100 seems fine to me considering they would all sell out at that price anyway.

7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I blame the miners far more than the scalpers. The miners caused the unprecedented shortage, which created the starved market for the scalpers. Eventually the stores had to raise their own prices when scalpers were buying what little the shops were getting after the miners took the lion's share. If a shop made 100 bucks of profit selling a card to a scalper, who then made 300 dollars of profit (without even paying any taxes) reselling the card, what kind of braindead shopkeeper would allow that to continue forever?

8. Lebon30

Lebon30 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070Ti 8GB
    That's a third-party selling on newegg, not newegg themselves.

Valken, Icanium and scoter man1 like this.
  9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    $1100 for a 1080p card in 2021... what a time to be alive.

Keitosha, chispy, Kaarme and 2 others like this.
  10. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I wish that statement was true even locally the shops are charging scalper prices.

As for this pricing on the 6600xt it's not surprising the 3060 pricing is also insane on on Newegg ffs

tunejunky likes this.

11. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Easier said than done.

I don't think that changes a whole lot. The point of choosing one marketplace over another is because of things like customer support, product quality, shipping policy, and fair pricing. Newegg themselves might not sell at such prices but it doesn't speak well of them if they do nothing to stop such a behavior in their own marketplace.

chispy and Airbud like this.
  12. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Nitro+
    Newegg should really reel in third party pricing. This is a reflection on them in my opinion.

13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Not over here, as video cards that are in stock in physical shops (no matter if small computer shops or big electronics chains) cost somewhere between 2x to 3x the MSRP still. Everybody seems to be on the scalper train these days.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Seems like a normal price to me?

I mean won't ever spend that much, but it has grown on my by now that these are the new prices.

15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Where we gonna shop then?

erazerswe likes this.

16. erazerswe

erazerswe Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 360
    Well i wouldnt pay that much myself, luckily i got a Gigabyte RTX 3060 12 GB as a birthday gift, so i cant complain and im happy (even if it cost around 6000 swedish) But they were in stock here at inet.se at the time so i asked my dad if he could get one and he did. They were sold out a while later and it even said not available, so i feel i was lucky

Airbud likes this.
  17. Kool64

Kool64 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I've been shopping Newegg for 18 years now but I've heard good things about B&H Photo and a search for video cards on their site returns semi reasonable prices albeit via a wait list. I may start using them in the future.

jaggerwild, Airbud and chispy like this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    How can it be a normal price with the 6700xt cheaper on same site?

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
    It was a 3rd party seller, not newegg itself. I havent bought anything from newegg in 4 years. And never will again.

20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT, 2070
    this is a 3rd party vendor hoping for the foolish.

these cards are going to be supplied in good numbers in the US and EU before XMAS

this is a even higher yield gpu than big navi, so more gpus from the same number of wafers and wait, there's more wafers.
    this will be the first series of cards since the mining craze that will be available in good numbers near regular prices. the price may still be high if the cards need to be transshipped to smaller countries, but all G7 nations will have excellent supply.
    for friends in the east and south it may take until after xmas. AMD has planned for this to be the breakout series so a greater number of these have already been fabbed, but production of videocards is often a 3-4 nation affair... step 1 is Taiwan, step 2 if you're lucky (or gigabyte) is Taiwan, but could be China, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore etc..., step 3 is shipping from assembly to regional inspection (the "made in" ... step), step 4 is from Asia to the country of delivery.

Airbud and erazerswe like this.