New year, new job! - What a crazy year for me...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Risco, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Risco

Risco Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650M
    Well after 7 years in insurance I decided I had enough. So I have made a career change and become an Accounts Manager for advertising sales! No more dealing with the general public which I have done ever since I left school! No more weekends and if I get my target by Friday, I get to go home at 4pm! Also no more late night finishes either. Oh an extra weeks paid holiday, plus health care benefits when I get past the probation period!

I am really looking forward to this. For me the last year has been ups and downs. It started off with a motorcycle crash ( non fault ) resulting in me being off work for 3 months and 8 months in plaster due to broken fibula , dislocated and broken big toe, two broken metatarsal and I am STILL an outpatient lol! Then I got a really bad abcess in my tooth while I was off, requiring an operation as it was so bad. I was also without a motorbike or transport as I cannot drive a car and my bike was written off. Then my manager at work who was known for causing trouble put me under so much stress I ended up getting signed off and back on anti-depressants! Ended up moving departments and after I left, nearly every single person in that managers team left the company! The good thing was it got me looking for a new job which I had been wanting to do for a long time.

Also knowing I had a new job, I got totally wasted at the work xmas party ( why not, it was free! ) and ended up being sick everywhere and not remembering a damn thing or how I got home! I then recently had a big bust up with my housemate, took an overdose and ended up in hospital again! Oh and at christmas had a big bust up ( everyone was on my side ) with my old man which had been bubbling over for a long while now we are all ok now though.

Anyway good news:

1. I have a new job!
    2. I am speaking to my Dad and housemate again!
    3. I have a new motorbike now!
    4. Onwards and upwards!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Wonderful start to the year!
    Congratulations. :)

3. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Gotta learn to relax mate, you seem like a rather intense bloke.

4. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
    just got my car stolen. looks like 2013 gonna be an awesome year

5. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Go into the military! Support your country if you love it. Everyone who is not into the military is useless to the nation. Be a patriot! There are also benefits like earlier pension if you are interested in leaving the army in future.

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    That's infantile. If everyone has to be in the military to be useful, who produces the countries GDP to pay for the military?

On topic, I hope to change careers too this year.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    There are other ways to support your country, besides joining the military.

So, since all the people that produce GDP are "useless"....the military doesn't need to get paid...

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    US is what it is militarry because in every war, you had your homeland free and producing the best war machines. Your soldiers were not the best (neither worst, idk, no1 measured), but their equipment and maybe training was.

Being a soldier is a good service, giving your life, but producing things, not only money at homeland isnt bad either.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Your changing your career, What you thinking of doing?
    How come your leaving the Police force?

10. Nchinmay

Nchinmay Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Last year started with me coming to my car on 2nd Jan only to see 2 of my tires slashed. Then a long year at my ol' job surviving wave after wave of layoffs only to be called monkeys and treated like **** by management.

Finally last week I took a job in the city to a huge raise, a title promotion, office overlooking Grand Central (my cubicle looks at 41 st. but that's good enough) and an interesting job. Had an amazing new years eve bar hopping with friends and spent half of today getting out of my hangover. Got back in tough with so many frnds, I had lost touch with last year due to my last job and new job search.

I have a feeling this year is gonna be awesome. For all of us. So cheers to everyone. Have the company of great frnds and the love of your family. Make money and be healthy. Heres to 2013 :)

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Proably coz he gets paid a crap wage for the the amount of effort and bull**** he has to put up with. See below.
    http://news.msn.co.nz/worldnews/8586849/uk-cops-working-as-strippers-and-vicars

12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Fireman? What kind of career change are you looking for? If I was a cop I'd like to get promoted to a CID/Undercover cop...

Got sick of too many donuts!

13. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I'm qualified to be a solicitor so probably that but who knows. I'm keeping an open mind at the moment. Life is too short, I don't want to be doing what in doing now until I'm 60.

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Better year for me, new job & will be getting married shortly. :)

15. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Sounds like those sweet romantic messages finally worked. :) Congrats.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Dayyum brother, you STILL remember? As for the messages, we still text but a LOT less than before.

We talk a lot more over the phone now & since we got a lot closer I visit my fiance & her family more often & go out once to twice a week.

In the next month we will be getting engaged, inshallah. I'm saving every penny I have for a set consisting of a necklace, earrings & a bracelet. It will cost me though as it MUST be gold.

On top of that the girl must be given money to buy gold & clothes which will be used & worn for the wedding day.

New job hopefully I will start in March. Slightly more money as well as benefits.

17. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Lol hope you don't have to sell those 580s..

have a good nikaah. :banana:1

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Congrats mate! It was pretty good year for me! Graduated from uni, got a new job. Started saving for the mortgage now! no idea how much i would need but doesnt hurt saving :p

2013 should be good, got few trips planned..Glastonbury, F1 Spa, going to Riga to watch ice hockey next month

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Sell my 580's? NEVER! My pc is my life. It's my all in one entertainment system.

It allows me to surf the internet, listen to music, work, watch movies & MOST importantly GAME!!!

20. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    You are far too sensible for my liking lol