new xbox 360 user

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by sajibjoarder, May 15, 2010.

1. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    Hi,
    i'm new in the console world. i'm a pc gamer. so i have little ideas about them.

so I got some question to ask.

1 can i use usb mass storage with my xbox 360? like a 120 gb mobile HDD. ( i mean can i save games on that drive).
    2 when I’m playing crysis on Xbox and pc it looks almost the same. how its possible? caz my pc got a gtx 480 where as the Xbox 360 got an ati x1 class gpu.
    3 my console is getting hot after playing games 2 or 3 hours. what can I do about it?

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    1. I don't think so.
    2. there's no Crysis for xbox. there will be crysis 2 on the consoles though and it'll look a lot better on the pc. If you can't see the difference between pc/consoles, there's no need for you to have a gtx 480
    3. 360 runs hot and loud. you can buy various cooling solutions for your console... here's a few

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Accessories/Hama/Hama--Light-and-Cooling-Station-(Xbox-360)

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/3257063/Xbox_360_Cooling_Fan/Product.html

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    1. No, you can only use a USB drive for displaying images, or playing audio or video tracks.
    2. No idea which game your playing, there is no Crysis on the 360, not even a direct port of the original Far Cry exists, and even a simple game like PES2010 doesn't look as good on the 360 compared to my GTX260.
    3. The 360 shouldn't get hot unless you have an old one, i've had 12hour drunken marathons with it, and it was cool and quiet throughout, providing the game was installed to the HDD though.

Avoid any third party cooling solutions, they shouldn't be needed and in many cases make the situation worse.

Saying that, i hope this was a serious post.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    my old one ran hot and loud for 5 years and then went boof new one is silent as an ps3... and doesn't get hot.

You can use 16 usb sticks x2 on xbox to store saves and whatnot.

and tbh pc makes every console pale in comparison when done properly.

5. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    thatks for the reply

i needed the cooling solution caz i'm from dhaka,bangladesh. avarage tempeture of dhaka is 30 - 35 so i badlly needed those cooling solution.......

thanks again..

edit- i'm in the side of pc not console

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  6. bornagain

bornagain Master Guru

GPU:
    Please close my
    The new xbox's/ elite don't run hot at all. The old one's run very hot and loud!

7. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    Actually the 360 runs very quiet if you know how to use it to its fullest.....

what i mean by this is that, most games if not all, can be installed to your HDD if you have a sizeable one, this is an option.

even some games that dont support being installed to your HDD still benefit from being installed and reduce the noise of your console

I have an ELITE 360,
    I installed all my games (you still have to put the disk of the desired game to be played at the time in the drive) but it reduces the read/write spinning of the DVDrom of your 360, which Heavily reduces the overall noise from the console.

the xbox will only run itself to overheating if you dont keep it ventilated or in an overal open area, i noticed that when my console runs hot, it freezes and I cant get it to respond untill it cools off. this can be circumvented if you get a fan attachment.. the "Xbox 360 intercooler" (a third party manufacturer makes this) is a great choice to remedy that specifict threat!

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    you can plug in that hard drive and it will allow for a maximum of 16gb to be used for installing games/game saves

I do not know what will happen to the remaining ~100GB though.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    If you want your xbox 360 to run silent and cool never run a game from the DVD drive, always install and run for the HDD.

10. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    Where do you get your 480gtx in Bangladesh?I cant find any here in BD.

11. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    i brought it from usa. see i bought it from new egg and the droping address was my cousin's house. then my cousin send me this using fedex. 76$ delevary charge.

i do the same thing for most of my hardware. but the bad part is i dont get any warenty...

but u can do one thing to get one go to ucc order "iqbal vhai" or "opu vhai" that u need one. they will bring u one but with double charge..

let me know about u if u r from bd... its good know an another guru from bd.

my msn id is sajibjoarder@hotmail.com

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Yeah...The intercooler. "great choice" is what we'll call it.

http://achievementhunter.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2199558

The things melt. Don't use them under any circumstances.

13. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    My answer to all of your questions?
    Pawn shop.

14. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    I guess I'll drop a few of my own questions in here, since there's no need for another thread.

So how do you install the game on 360? You just put the disk in and it installs the game, so that means, that you don't need the disk to play it?

How much space do the games take? I mean how many games can you install on a 120GB 360 ELITE?

So the new ELITE consoles don't run that hot?

Does the HDMI connection give you the best quality and is there a major difference between the connection types? Do you have to buy the cables separately and how much do they cost?

What's the deal with xbox live? I mean, if you don't have the Gold membership, then you can't play online, or even save games? Is buying the Live membership cards more expensive, than making the payment through CC? Tell me more about how all of that works, since I'm think of maybe getting one...

Didn't mean to hijack your thread:p

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    You still need the disc in the drive.

It varies, some games take a full 7gb, some as little as 3gb.

All new consoles use the same hardware, it's not as if the elite have some special better cooling system, they all run cool here.

That depends on the quality of your tv I would guess, my monitor has better quality HDMI than VGA. Yes you buy them separately, like £3 on ebay.

If you don't have gold you can't play games online, of course you can save games without it.

16. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    Oh, thanks for the answer, man!

17. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    not totally true, you can indeed play some games online with a silver live account

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Very very few games do.