New variants of the Spectre vulnerability

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by anticupidon, May 2, 2021.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    YaY. when they all done looking vulnerability and intel/amd and ms are done patching them we have will duo core performance :rolleyes:

Who person that started this "let air the vulnerabilities to public" again I would like to thank them

3. fellix

fellix Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA² GTX 1080 Ti
    At this rate, we should probably just get back to the good old in-order CPU architectures, to be 100% secured.
    Damn, I knew Itanium was the better path choice instead of x86-64. :p

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    So i need a 11900K to have the same performance as my 4770K when fully patched?

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Someone needs to inform these folks that micro ops would be pointless data to steal, very few people on the planet could do anything with the assembly to reconstruct it into legible data.

tsunami231, HandR and insp1re2600 like this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    They dont care they just want their time in news they outed vulnerability so now they got some notability for time being, most people dont even know or even care about this stuff. but when patchs are deployed that start hampering performance that becomes noticeable to those people they will care. less all the hardware manufacture are out this to 3rd party people that out it to public so the hardware manufactures are can "Sell" newer hardware with fixed via hardware :rolleyes: ( sarcasm) I hope and want to believe they are not doing that

Wonder what would happen they are start outing vunariblitys to Moible phone tech...

7. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Yeah we'd much rather them be secret where only people who are going to use them will know about them. Probably preferable.

They already out vulnerabilities for mobile tech. And it's idiotic to think Intel is sabotaging its brand to sell brand new AMD processors.

8. kamisama

kamisama New Member

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 1660 sp
    Well there is a reason some "Mission Critical" things still run on Itanium hardware. It was a huge flop for Intel, but that's exactly what makes them fairly secure.