new utility from Resplendence - WhySoSlow

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by mbk1969, Dec 31, 2016.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Have it myself (listing resources By type):

[​IMG]

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I have that to, but its no real driver, I think only inf file gets linked to it.

I ran across this issue with multiple "driver" can install MS (default), which shows as mbk1969, says.
    You must of installed Intel chipset driver either from win7 upgrade or manually, there also one from Broadcom.

If you run Snappy driver installer , it will list many drivers available (not that you need that to update).

Do you even have anything connected to that device ?, switch view to "device by connection" to see.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I would recommend you to switch your videocard into MSI mode, seeing 4 devices sharing IRQ 16. But be aware that when you install NV drivers device is returned to legacy mode by installer.

Btw there is no need to guess whether device has actual drivers - go to device properties dialog switch to "Driver" tab and click "Details" button.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    No issues here, pretty epic responsiveness times from kernel/applications/bios.

5. SICKOFTOX

SICKOFTOX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury x
    I tried this as well, everything looks good on latency, 1microsecond too, however this is only with the nvidia drivers uninstalled..

the moment the nvidia drivers are installed, I'm getting drop-outs on the BIOS and chipset behavior..(2080ti)

tested on a cleanly installed windows and with MSI-mode on too.

2080ti
    Aorus master(F7)

6. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    One of the things I found is good to check if you're having latency spikes/issues would be the ownership of the Windows folder, making sure that it's yourself listed.

7. GluteusMaximus

GluteusMaximus Guest

GPU:
    123gtx
    I signed up just to say:

Nvidia is the culprit here too. Tried every driver combination under the sun to no avail. Every bios was tested, every mobo driver and from fresh install everything works perfectly until Nvidia gets involved. This was tested using two different 760's and, in different PCI slots with forced speeds and "Auto" speeds... Nothing works. As soon as Nvidia touches my hardware, everything turns to $hit.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    TrustedInstaller is the owner here :(

9. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    6700 RX
    That's fine, you only need to change it if it's showing something weird like a string of numbers which can happen when installing build updates or sometimes (happened to me) when doing a fresh install. I'm thinking it might be because of the fact the Windows 10 license is linked to your account resulting in having to select 'Skip' at the CD key entry prompt.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

11. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Application does not remove it's installed driver when the program is uninstalled.

Perform the following to remove the leftovers.

1) Uninstall "WhySoSlow" application, reboot the computer.

2) To uninstall driver, copy and paste the following inside an Administrator command prompt or Administrator PowerShell Window:

sc delete rspWhySoSlow

3) To uninstall the "WhySoSlow" Software Registry Key, copy and paste the following inside an Administrator command prompt or Administrator PowerShell Window:

reg delete "HKCU\Software\Resplendence Sp"

4) You will need to manually delete the following file: rspWhy64.sys
    Location of the file for Win 10 X64: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\rspWhy64.sys

The above steps removes the following registry Keys.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Resplendence Sp\WhySoSlow
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\rspWhySoSlow

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Dan likes this.
  12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    I guess i could post my experience i had.. i wonder why i didnt see this Thread before.

did use WhySoSLow before, its a good tool, i really liked the latency stuff and the way it showed you potential problems, i also found another tool wich had a cleaner UI and a bit more infos and details all in one place.

so i tried SysGauge.. i have to say, its a nice thing and also has a test where it shows you the same stuff or a bit more then WhysoSlow does.. Both tools are good, dont get me wrong, i just wanted something more detailed..

And even advanced users who think, bahh, i dont need those tools, im gonna check it all myself, like me sometimes.
    But, i have to admit, that tool really helped me out, when i was at a total loss..
    My PC was sometimes sluggish and i did not find out why, then i stumbled over whysoslow and sysgauge, let it run its tests and voila, i had found something, a trail i could follow..

turns out my Soundcard driver was using way too many HANDLES, i looked for a better driver, installed it, and the HANDLES got back to normal, around 150.
    And to my Wonder, the PC was not sluggish anymore :) After that i set my taskmanager to show also the handles in the process tab..

There is good software around, you just gotta find them.. :)

greetz

edit:
    since im talking about SySGauge, i could also just post som einfos for it, so here we go..

info about SysGauge:
    [​IMG]

Its free for personal use..
    source:
    https://www.sysgauge.com/index.html

13. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Anyone that would like to try SysGauge can download a portable version from Softpedia.

https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Info/SysGauge-Portable.shtml

It is a fully functional but older version of the program and may not have all the features of the current version. This version is the last before the option of buying a Pro or Ultimate versions.

Change log for this Portable Application:
    https://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/SysGauge-Portable-Changelog-255333.html

Current Download:
    https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SysGauge.shtml

Change Log for current version:
    https://www.softpedia.com/progChangelog/SysGauge-Changelog-255061.html

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I tried the WhySoSlow util and it said everything's fine, all green marks, same text as with others etc.

Weird thing is, occasionally I do feel my system's slow, got hickups in BF5 every now and then, a few things that annoy me, which didn't happen after a fresh install, but at least nothing seems to be in a really bad shape :D

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @SICKOFTOX

What exactly do you ask? 2080Ti is that audio device.

16. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    If I click 'analyze' it says access denied and dispatchmon could not be started on Windows 10 64bit, tried as admin as well.