New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    True. Also I guess the LFC thing was it? Is not even supported on all monitors that go under that range.

2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This indeed reinforces the idea that while performance of current generation of games seems to indicate similar framerates to the 1080, future games using the new features will likely show off Vega's potential.

Problem is, we're having to rely on "potential" performance.

Lets take Vega 56 as an example, it's supposed to have performance similar to the 1070, yet we already have that level of performance with the Fury line, so does this mean it's a redundant product? Which the only answer is, we'll have to wait and see numbers from games and benchmarks that levy the new capabilities.

We're still getting reliable performance numbers from the existing generations of GCN with new games and benchmarks and I'd say it's a good bet that this will remain true from Vega too.

This doesn't help AMD/Vega though because people are impatient, people want performance now, not what performance they can have in future titles but for people like me, who like to make purchases of hardware to be made for longevity, it will no doubt be a good choice, I'm fairly optimistic in that regard, it's always been the case from my experience.

3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Radeon Pack promotion looking good on some of those deals. Awaiting for Hilbert's review on the Vega 64 :)

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Question is: "Would you play game which truly benefits from G/Freesync if it was around those 30~35fps?"
    I definitely would not. And someone paying that kind of money for GSync screen having GPU with that low FPS? It's either time to greatly reduce game details or it was very poor investment as those extra $200~300 should have no go to screen, but to GPU.
    - - - -
    So it seems RX Vega will be released with incomplete drivers. Would be lovely to know which features are enabled and which not in given drivers.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    With any AMD release of hardware, the driver team needs about 3-6 months to start getting the desired build ramped up. Nothing unusual here.

6. According to AMD slides, RX VEGA has full (T3) DX12.1 support. That indicates everything is enabled. HBCC, which is not part of DX feature set, is probably enabled as well, because it was so heavily advertised, it would be really bad to leave it off.

The only question is how optimized or effective they are.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    He means the things AMD did a long those. DSBR for example. Also you can have all the things on the card but disabled. Still would have full support.

8. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Two weeks to find out.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah but in this case it's 48hz, so 45fps is effected. And while I don't play games that are steady around 45 fps, I definitely play games that have sections that dip down to the 40's and the only reason I don't mind it is G-Sync.

I don't think it's that big of a deal - I just find it annoying that it's so hard to find the information on some of the monitors. So if I want to go lower, I can't easily find out which monitors do or don't.

10. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    According to people in the SIGRAPH floor, almost nothing is enabled still.

11. DSBR has to be enabled for Conservative R. T3 to work. And no, you can't just "have it on the card". It has to be enabled in drivers to be considered as supported.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    But those are not enabled. It's disabled which means they can enable it. Which means they can have full support with few driver updates. As in the hardware supports. While Fury X will never support.

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Wait.. the monitor they are bundling with Vega has an issue where it flickers in the freesync window?

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201705/20170508092544083/BN46-00572A-Eng.pdf

Page 30.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6qod7y/psa_vega_bundle_monitor_freesync_is_broken/

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  15. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080

16. Do not state things you don't know or can not prove, please:

Code:
    Direct3D 12 feature checker (July 2017) by DmitryKo
    https://forum.beyond3d.com/posts/1840641/

Windows 10 version 1703 (build 15063)

ADAPTER 0
    [B]"Radeon Vega Frontier Edition"[/B]
    VEN_1002, DEV_6863, SUBSYS_6B761002, REV_00
    Dedicated video memory : 4211945472  bytes
    Total video memory : 4193810432  bytes
    Video driver version : 22.19.384.2
    Maximum feature level : D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_1 (0xc100)
    DoublePrecisionFloatShaderOps : 1
    OutputMergerLogicOp : 1
    MinPrecisionSupport : D3D12_SHADER_MIN_PRECISION_SUPPORT_16_BIT (2)
    TiledResourcesTier : D3D12_TILED_RESOURCES_TIER_3 (3)
    ResourceBindingTier : D3D12_RESOURCE_BINDING_TIER_3 (3)
    PSSpecifiedStencilRefSupported : 1
    TypedUAVLoadAdditionalFormats : 1
    ROVsSupported : 1
    [B]ConservativeRasterizationTier : D3D12_CONSERVATIVE_RASTERIZATION_TIER_3 (3)[/B]
    StandardSwizzle64KBSupported : 0
    CrossNodeSharingTier : D3D12_CROSS_NODE_SHARING_TIER_NOT_SUPPORTED (0)
    CrossAdapterRowMajorTextureSupported : 0
    VPAndRTArrayIndexFromAnyShaderFeedingRasterizerSupportedWithoutGSEmulation : 1
    ResourceHeapTier : D3D12_RESOURCE_HEAP_TIER_2 (2)
    MaxGPUVirtualAddressBitsPerResource : 44
    MaxGPUVirtualAddressBitsPerProcess : 44
    Adapter Node 0:    TileBasedRenderer: 0, UMA: 0, CacheCoherentUMA: 0, IsolatedMMU: 1
    HighestShaderModel : D3D12_SHADER_MODEL_5_1 (0x0051)
    WaveOps : 1
    WaveLaneCountMin : 64
    WaveLaneCountMax : 64
    TotalLaneCount : 4096
    ExpandedComputeResourceStates : 1
    Int64ShaderOps : 1
    RootSignature.HighestVersion : D3D_ROOT_SIGNATURE_VERSION_1_1 (2)
    DepthBoundsTestSupported : 1
    ProgrammableSamplePositionsTier : D3D12_PROGRAMMABLE_SAMPLE_POSITIONS_TIER_NOT_SUPPORTED (0)
    ShaderCache.SupportFlags : D3D12_SHADER_CACHE_SUPPORT_SINGLE_PSO | LIBRARY (3)

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's not the case atm, performance is what it is :grad:

We have the same problem as always in ATI Tek - driver is 60% Ready ;)
    Now do the math, 3-6 months we will have not +20FPS more than Fury but 2x instead :nerd: -> Waitâ„¢ <-

It's new chip, period.
    Also i need to see Real Game (with our options ON) tW, i just can't bolieve that this one is worst than my Fury :pc1:
    Also Perfect FreeSync range is: 40-70FPS for me, it's so smooth then, but when FS goes <30 it is unacceptable for me.

| But it won't on my Fiji no matter of game. (Even in GR WildLands -> Here Mixed Ultra/High and game is at stable ~42-61 NP -> CAP to 61 for every game, CAP to 71 for FPS fast shooters like BF1/4)

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I actually agree with you Onna. Not only it's the driver not ready, it's a rushed card on top. It will probably be the best long term choice for people like me who shop once in six years, I don't know about everybody else.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's true, many monitor manufacturers ignore quite a few parameters which are important today.

And while I would not blame AMD for using monitor kind of marketing. I can see that in one scenario they say 48+ is OK and in another 40+ is OK. That's not OK. Especially since both cases show FPS games.
    And while it is bad marketing, it shows that game developers are not doing very good job with optimizations.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yet AMD told DSBR was disabled on Vega FE before. Does not mean the support is not there. Feature checker says nothing about that. Since it only checks if it supports something or not. You can disable a feature that takes advantage of said feature.