New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Not really sure the money is made at the high end though. If the could get the supply sorted out with Polaris they would be in good shap as it is a good card and more people by in the sub $250 range than $300+.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nvidia has had a contract with US Government to build two Volta based super computers by the end of 2017. Plus Volta was originally slated to be after Maxwell, but was delayed. Which is what fed the rumors of it being a totally new architecture. I still don't know if that part is true -- but rumors point to it using the same node (16nm FF+) so somehow Nvidia plans on getting almost double perf/w out it without the shrink. But yeah, Volta was coming in 2017 regardless to what AMD did.

As far as Vega goes, it all comes down to how architecturally different it is then Polaris. If it's the same architecture just scaled up, then it's only going to be slightly faster than the 1080. Take a RX470 and double it and you have the 4096 cores that Vega 11 is rumored to have. So in Ashes of Singularity (A game I'd consider is favorable for AMD yet probably represents future DX12 performance) average framerate would be like 88 on the Vega 11 vs 80 on the 1080. HBM2's slight power advantage might allow them to clock it up a bit, as dual 470's would be like ~275w. I'd imagine it's probably going to look around 10-15% faster then a 1080.

If AMD can get the power down through some minor arch changes + some CPO changes to the transistor layout, then hopefully they can get the the clock speed up and have it be on the Titan X (P) level or maybe even slightly higher -- which would prompt Nvidia to sell a Titan X Black or something with full GP102.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  3. Tuga

Tuga Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 670 gtx
    Whatever happens, the situation is currently soooo freaking stale, I don't understand how AMD can think this is good way to do business :confused: :cussing:

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Actually they are not according to Steam's July hardware statistics. Normally they are reliable but can not confirm if something is amiss.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Business wise it seems like they know what they're doing. Whoever had AMD stock for more than a year, basically has a 3x increase in value.

[​IMG]

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I am so disappointed with AMD'S current offerings, I came within an inch of buying a 1080 today.

7. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    +1 , same here :/ i even went to nvidia website today to hit the buy button on the new Titan X Pascal lol thanks God it is out of stock for USA region , otherwise i would have ordererd one plus an EK waterblock for it that is coming out soon. I do not know how much longer i can resist , but i really need a new video card for my 4K 60hz display asap. Must resist temptations :giggle2: . Come AMD show me something soon before i jump ship :bawl:

8. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Lets hope they have something competitive around the corner, Q1 2017 Is to far off.

How many SUs/TMUs/ROPs would be needed to compete with the 1080?

Take the 480x for example.

RX 480
    Shading Units:2304
    TMUs:144
    ROPs:32

In crossfire its close to the 1080 but also take into account crossfire scaling.

As for the TDP, I cant see them keeping it below 200w. Thoughts?

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Problems with new 1xxx nV lineup ? ->

forums.geforce.com/default/board/172/geforce-1000-series

So much for the Superb nv Quality of Build & Drivers.
    Thats why i don't considering any nV new H/W (Series 9xx and upwards)

And i know if you lucky you'll have NP but still...
    They rushed line up cuz' they want $ and they don't care about Finalizing the Product !

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Whats up with that DPC Latency and stuttering with Pascal series? Most of the users are complaining about it. Is it that serius?

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080

You're seriously using a support forum to gauge the stability of their cards vs AMDs?

https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums/graphics

Looks like there is a lot of flickering, FPS issues, BIOS issues, colored pixel mosaics, undetected cards and crashes. Better not buy an AMD card because their support forums are filled with people with problems said no one ever because it's the dumbest argument.

Idk, there are like people who sit there and watch the DPC latency and a single spike in 20 hours and they flip out. A small subset of people had an issue that was pretty repetitive and it's been fixed in single GPU setups, SLI still currently has the issue, Nvidia said it would be fixed in an August driver.

There is also the problem of people upgrading to like dev builds that don't have the fix -- like the .09 driver or whatever it was that came out recently. They go and post that the problem is back even after people specifically stated it's from a dev branch that didn't receive the fix.

Which is why you don't look at a support forum to gauge problems with cards. If I did I would think that every AMD card has flickering issues considering there is a +400 thread weekly on /r/amd about how they still haven't fixed "the flickering" problem yet. But then I come here and very few people have issues like that, it's obviously a vocal minority.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Hmm, strange this is indeed becouse of my friend is working in one of the Ger shops and he tells me that a lot of ppl takes refund for GTX 1060, also he states that it is lack of some sort "a good will and support".
    Its not my problem really, i know that "any" one can have problems with GPU but still it's strange.

Ok i will put spoiler for it, i dont wanna draw unnecessary attention.

Mabe here is the answer:

https://youtu.be/GfrAD3tRqGw?t=22m16s

and here is about "problem" with so called RX 480 power draw ;-) (Yeah the 229USD GPU gets Tested in Metro 4k !!! )

https://youtu.be/GfrAD3tRqGw?t=18m29s

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it wasnt ever really a problem, it was just "out of spec"

who cares honestly...

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah and my uncle works for Microsoft...

It's also pretty hilarious that you link that Sapphire thing about them blackballing reviews. Aside from Charlie, who is a massive cockbag, I can't think of any other review that's been denied access to their cards. On the other hand, AMD just recently denied Kitguru/HardOCP and a few others.

In fact even if you google "nvidia denies reviews" the first result that comes up is AMD denying them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nvi...urceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=nvidia+denies+review

In the mean time there are plenty of sites that published negative reviews about the 970's memory issues, FE pricing, etc all of which continue to get cards. In fact even the guy who made a mockery of Nvidia's own employee at their editors day conference for FE pricing still gets review cards.

And the second video is just wrong.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/21.html

https://tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/RX_480_Gaming_X/images/power_peak.png

So no, not 4K, 1080p.

It's ok though, keep posting anecdotal evidence from your friends and videos of people who are just wrong. Eventually at some point I'll just get frustrated and ignore you, then you can have your AMD does no wrong haven all to yourself.

15. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Guy's you're beginning to flame each other and going off topic (even you Onna) you know, your own thread about upcoming AMD related hardware, not nVidia failings etc.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Sry about that, just got e-mail about this :bang:
    Next time i will ignore that too, ppl have problems - s.hi.t happends.
    Ok we can move along.

But you all will read about this in time ;-) (ghosts on sell etc.) on the Web...

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I think you two need to stay on topic.

Rumor is they have 10K Polaris 10 chips going to board partners. Are those for the 470 or the 480?

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No news about this yet :)

19. koniu

koniu Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  20. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU: