New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Yeah THX
    -> Im just a kiddo :)

First ZEN 8/16 then i will consider the Big Vega, but it will be Overkill for my Monitor, so propably i will pass ;)

First i need some OLED HDR 27-30" 4K then i will pick some Vega...
    But now we have only OLED TVs...
    and some Samsung Quantum.DOT curved HDRs -> not so pricey BTW ~300-400€

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Zen “RYZEN” CPUs Detailed – 8 Cores, 3.4Ghz+ & Auto Overclocking With “XFR”

[​IMG]

AMD’s new desktop Zen CPUs are officially called RYZEN. They boast 8 cores, 3.4Ghz+ clock speeds & will overclock themselves automatically. You heard that right. AMD’s upcoming enthusiast line of “Summit Ridge” desktop processors based on the Zen microarchitecture come with an auto overclocking feature right out of the box.

It’s all thanks to a new technology that the company calls “XFR”, short for Extended Frequency Range. Which automatically boosts the clock speed of RYZEN CPUs beyond their official nominal values and stretch them as far as the cooling will allow, without any intervention from the user. It sounds like the stuff of sci-fi and fan fiction, but it’s very much real.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to a leak by VCZ we have learned several new exciting things about AMD’s next generation family of desktop Zen processors, code named “Summit Ridge”. First things first, the new CPU family will carry the “RYZEN” brand pronounced, risen. These chips will feature up to 8 cores and 16 threads and will run at a clock speed of 3.4Ghz+ right out of the box.

AMD has also confirmed that RYZEN features 16MB of L3 cache and 4MB of L2 cache for a total of 20MB of cache.

The new caches feature a brand new, clever prefetcher. Which recognizes mission critical data based by actually learning the data access patterns of a given application. This vital data is then tagged and prefetched for immediate use. It can also learn the location of future data accesses by analyzing the code of whatever program is running.

Higher Clock Speeds At Lower Voltages And Lower Power Consumption

Complementing “XFR” which we discussed earlier are two other interconnected features called Pure Power and Precision Boost.

Pure Power works by monitoring temperature, frequency and voltage readings in real time via embedded sensors distributed across the Zen cores. These sensors feed data back to what AMD calls the “Infinity Control Fabric” which then adjusts power to adapt perfectly to the situation. The goal is to use the least amount of voltage required to run any given structure.
    This results in lower average power consumption and cooler operation.Precision Boost is the other face of the same coin. It works in tandem with Pure Power to maintain the highest possible frequencies at any given voltage. Which improves performance without contributing anything to the power dissipation of the chip.
    The feature is very prices and extremely responsive. Making changes in milliseconds and making adjustments in 25Mhz increments.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Yea your enthusiasm is contagious! :D

AMD really seems to be getting back on track big time with both Zen and VEGA.
    I really hope and almost pray they do and all these specs and leaks turn out to be true (or close) when actual benchmarking begins.

If AMD sticks to their reasonable pricing they can really shift the market balance in their favour.
    I'd probably do a full system overhaul out of pure support! Meaning as opposed to just AM4 mobo+Ryzen CPU :p

Edit: Google target marketing algorithms are getting clever... now I get ads about Asus ZenBook.. j/k

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Remember to stay tuned for the big event today: http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/new-horizon , we are at -7 hours now !

There might be a surprise or two revealed on that event today :D , let's hope for some good info into Ryzen cpu and posible vega 10 gpu.

5. stdavidchen

stdavidchen Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I hope we will get some decent news about VEGA today! Need to renew my 290 for my new 4K monitor!

6. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Vega was shown today at the Horizon event running Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One DLC at 4K 60+fps silky smooth , add that to the leak shown playing Doom at 4K 70+ fps silky smooth and we have a more accurate guesstimate of where this video card stands right now at around TitanX Pascal performance.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    And that was with the debug Fiji driver.

Zen seems to be much more than anyone expected. I hope Onna's heart can survive the excitement of 2017 :D

8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Onna: When you finally get your Zen and Vega card setup, just remember this warning:

:banana:

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    I hope so :banana:

Now i need only ZEN (RyZEN -> Rise of ZEN or Rise of AMD)

Next OLED HDR 4k then maby Vega.

I have a budget ~600-700€ for CPU+Mobo+DDR4 -> but i know that 8/16 will have ~200-249€ price tag :) ( some say Max 300€)
    THX God AMD is AMD -> lol

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  10. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Cool. A DX11 game which runs beter than 1080.:)

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    And Prediction like AI ! Self learning stuff in 2017 CPU !
    RyZEN for Me :)

Legendary Jim Keller strickes back :thumbup:

[​IMG]

12. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Skynet is comming along nicely I see...

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Then im a John Connor :biggun:

[​IMG]

14. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Any news about Vega? Why on 13 dec. was no announce? It's delayed or what?

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    They showed it along side RYZEN briefly.

16. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Vega is not due until sometime in the first half of 2017. It could be as late as June. Hopefully sooner though.

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I hope NVIDIA presents the 1080Ti a couple of weeks earlier, and having done a wrong estimate of Vega 10. And then maybe see prices fall :D

18. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    And be as powerful as some of the rumored specs have been. If it is even in the ballpark of the new Titan, I will get one. Moving forward Vega and DX12 and Vulcan could be a real winner for AMD.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    1080Ti will be a little slower than Pascal Titan X ~10-12% (Titan will be Fastest Pascal)

And Big VEGA will be at launch (with ~1200-1300MHz those showed with RyZEN have only ~1025MHz !) ~10-15% faster than Titan X for around 550-650USD/€

But right now we can't say for sure ;)
    Maby it will be similar Perf & Price or maby ATI will Leap forward BIG Time :thumbup:
    All what maters for ATI Team now is the Vega Clocks.

HBM_1 have 640GB/s in Specs sheet with 1.3-13tW (UPD with my Fiji - HWiNFO)
    HBM_2 have 780GB/s in Specs sheet with 0.5-8tW ??

HBM_1 have 4x1GB
    HBM_2 will have 4x2GB ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'm curious about the APU's using zen and Polaris/Vega any news on those?