New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
  3. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It truly is crazy that there still is almost no stock anywhere. I guess I was one of the lucky few.

4. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    why did they immediately discontinue the reference tho ? the cost ?
    all partner versions were at least 100 usd more expensive for msrp.

it's a big die,on expensive process,with on-die cache,lots of vram and circuitry must be expensive too for those +2.5G clocks
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt/images/back.jpg

imo reference for 650 was never an option for amd to sell in big amounts but they couldn't go higher with 3080 msrp at 700.

it's not like we only have amd partners to blame.they are mostly amd exclusive,and need to sell stuff.amd have been giving them scraps recently with just one mid-range navi10 die while nvidia had three mid-range/upper/high end ones.who knows what sort of money they'd make if they sold 6800 series near msrp too.there must be a reason they were all 770-780 at launch when 650 was the recommended price.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ^^ He uses FidelityFX interchangeably with Super Resolution. And even says it at start as his intent.
    But Super Resolution is just one of FidelityFX features. His understanding is analog to saying plant equals to rose from classification and relation point of view.
    IIRC AMD promised next batch of reference cards. They did say it in January. It is hard to know if any batches came at all, unless one checks data from people who use stock scanners.

6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they promised that at the beginning of January
    no reference cards have appeared since then so I guess that was a load of bull

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-nashira-point-xtx-xt-and-xl-consumer-gaming-gpus-spotted

8. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
  9. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX

11. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    God he waffles on so much "I do believe, and this could be wrong, this is what I think, that it's all but certain that performance will have optimisations that will be at least more performant"

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  12. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    It'd be interesting to see what percentages of their total GPU allocation both AMD and Nvidia set aside for PC gaming hardware.
    On the Nvidia side, they supposedly sold a bunch to mining organizations.
    On the AMD side...the same with consoles.
    That...more than any Covid19-related issue, logistics or work shortage seems to be responsible for the current state.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The console fabrication process is 7nm isn't it, should be a different node here but what do I know, going to have to do a bit of reading.

EDIT: Burr, 5nm is what we're going into either late this year or the next one and the current one *is* 7nm at least for what TSMC is calling their process here.

I'm skipping way ahead almost into the 3nm nodes ha ha! :D

EDIT: Wonder if 2.5 Ghz base clock speeds would be feasible and then scale from that via boost to whatever.
    RDNA3 might not be quite the step RDNA2 was since RDNA1 was more like a mid-range GPU that still did really well but it'll be interesting to see how it works out for them.

Using the efficiency and gains to scale it even higher either even more cores or a higher base clock speed and resulting boost clocks from that algorithm.
    Second-gen ray tracing performance as well whatever that might mean and however it'll compare to NVIDIA with err Hopper for the workstation cards was it and Lovelace for gaming and how that will perform over Ampere. :)

Then a whole bit about possible memory performance, memory type, memory bus width and all that I suppose ha ha.

Up-to 20 GB/s GDDR6 or opening up for GDDR6X chips if that's a thing, HBM perhaps still a bit of a extra cost like that's a thing now with GPU's starting at like a 1000$ until this little craze hopefully normalizes eventually at some point and some year. It's a real mess but nothing to do about that but wait and see how it goes.

Speculation really and not much more but it will be fun to see how it continues between AMD and NVIDIA here.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  14. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
  15. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    F5 lottery this thursday?

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Absolutely insane. I don't see anyone paying that much for a 6700 XT. Even if you're a miner, the roi on that would be getting closer to a year, which is an insane bet to make.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I do hope the street retail price once the launch time on the 18th is met will be a bit more sane but if retailers are already exploiting the GPU availability situation and demand for any cards at all I do not have any higher hopes but we'll see I guess.
    Pretty sure I've seen a fair few comments that GPU mining rates also aren't too great with Navi20 compared to Ampere but the cards are seemingly still selling at like ~3x the MSRP which for 450 - 500 is already a bit higher than the usual mid-range price segment.
    (~350 - 400 US Dollars / Euro and a direct replacement for the 5700's I would think would be a bit more reasonable.)

19. UnrealGaming

GPU:
    -
    Yep, normally, 400$ max for this card.

20. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    If anybody is...let me put it bluntly...stupid enough to spend that amount on this card, then they deserve it.
    No real shortage of idiots out there willing to subscribe to this nonsense.