New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Both are reference ones, so basically only ASIC quality difference that could be imho minimal.

OnnA likes this.
  2. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti GAMING
  3. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
  4. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Teardown is a really good glimpse into the sort of lighting quality uplift we should see in 5-10 years time when we can really start to implement RT GI in games with higher fidelity assets and rendering.
    Even a game as simple visually as that, just voxels, looks outstanding. It's hard to explain how significant the impact is.
    I'm assuming it's a similar story with Minecraft, although I've never played it.

You're right, that's exactly the purpose of DLSS though - ease us into the transition to RT and 4k over the next few iterations of hardware.

Maddness and OnnA like this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    MSRP for the 6800 Nitro+ SE appears to be around 800 US Dollars, Nitro+ at 770 US Dollars.

Not too much of a difference after the 19% VAT (Seems to be what it's at for Germany after a quick check.) which makes it roughly 950 on top of that so while there is a markup it's not too great.
    Course AMD had the stock GPU's at 600 - 700 US Dollars MSRP but that was one batch only.
    (One store got 50 Asus 6800's here and for the various 6800XT's 3 - 5 GPU's here and there if any at all, Gigabyte in particular while these are just reference with different boxes for the cards were completely unavailable and somehow also more expensive than the others.)

Not sure about the "Nice" either it looks to be the same as here the GPU's are listed but the red text tells there's a unknown delivery date so there's no current stock.

EDIT: Oh and I'm probably going by Valve/Steam pricing here USD=EUR. :p
    Sometimes it's adjusted, feels like it's just changed over without it most of the time though besides the VAT addition.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    1USD = 0.85€ then VAT (16% in GER).
    Those GPUs should be at max of 699€

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    PrEzi likes this.
  7. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Actually the government lowered the tax (MwSt) to 16% till the end of the year to stimulate the market, but yeah.... the Alternate prices are inflated ...

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Had to look it up to get the actual Euro prices now, 699 sounded too low but I got curious.
    Expected was that retailed took the US MSRP price but switched to the Euro currency and then VAT added depending on country here in Europe and it looks like I reversed the VAT for Germany too I misunderstood them increasing it rather than decreasing it. :)

Some small variation depending on the retailer and also depending on supply and demand but less than with Vega and the mining situation back then far as it's looking like though there's some markup going on here.

Going by Igor's Lab this is might be it.
    Guru3D shows it as 730 Euro though and Video Card Z ranged it from 799 to 860 clearly it's a bit of a mess although with or without VAT added it's still cheaper than most current retail prices by some margin.

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    OnnA and PrEzi like this.
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Seems like an overclocked 6700xt could match or surpass the upcoming 3070Ti rasterization performance!

11. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    how to say that? the 3070ti does not exist (even the 3070 in EU.. LOL)

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    3070 performance with more vram is all i need. Its rumored january 400$. It will be worth i wait i think.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    OnnA likes this.
  14. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  15. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    AMD Ryzen 3000 and Older Zen Chips Don't Support SAM Due to Hardware Limitation, Intel Chips Since Haswell Support it | TechPowerUp

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    IMhO We can have BAR resize option for sure.

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    AMD might be using it for some form of optimization to improve the performance but the feature itself from what I get on the AMD Reddit discussion is not depending on having this instruction set being hardware performant instead of a micro-code solution that's a bit (250 times not that the number itself has a huge meaning.~) slower.
    (So SAM might be BAR+Optimization thus Zen3 and newer Intel CPU's but not Zen2 as a criteria but BAR itself is not reliant on this.)

EDIT: That and there's other improvements and optimizations here otherwise the 256 limit would already be straining things and there would be a bigger performance uplift from being able to use larger pieces. :D

Found the discussion very insightful although the actual performance results were more vague it looks like it can give a few percentages here and there for various reasons but it can also have a performance decrease or worse.

EDIT: Be interesting as well if AMD who are normally fairly conformant to standards and such are doing something here to gain just a little bit extra performance even if it means taking a standard and using it with some extras as a "new" feature.

And it kinda kicked Intel and NVIDIA into also supporting this although far as we know that could already have been planned and the issues and less expected performance gains just saw it as a lower priority until AMD tried to side-line this feature as a new fancy performance boosting trick.
    (Kinda like AMD and hardware GPU scheduling support to reverse it with something AMD's taking their time with supporting.)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  20. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT