New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, internal resolution is hidden.
    Unless it isn't. Like in Control.
    Or in Wolfenstein, in which you dig around cvars and find out that it's same like in Control, ie 1440p->4K for Quality, 1080p->4k for Performance.

DSR. You control its sharpness in NV control Panel.

I dont know what that means.
    If it means that you have to use DSR to force higher internal resolution for DLSS, then yes.

AuerX and pharma like this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    And That apparently means hoping in other games behaving same. And other resolutions using same dividers.
    There should always be numbers instead of Names.

And what is your preferred downsampling sharpness? Hanning? Lanczos? Or some other method?
    Wait, does nVidia give you numbers instead of methods? Anyway, your preferred method is 13-tap Gaussian.

And you got last thing exactly right. nVidia's intended use is different. Aims for other things than people seeking image quality do.
    They should listen more often. Their engineers are top, but team asking for features is rather absent minded.
    And that's only reason why there are still DLSS discussions. And why some nVidia users admit there is still a lot of space for improvement and others refuse to use it.

3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So your complaint is that internal res is not clearly indicated? Same here. But lets be honest. You'd still find plenty of reasons to complain, because Nvidia.

Whats this got to do with anything? Its not like I have madVR to choose from several methods.

There has been few good articles on the net. But I haven't seen good critique of DLSS 2.0 here tbh. It's either hysterics or omg its magic. And it's far more subtle than that.
    No, I don't think that NV listening to users would do us good, unless they filter out the noise.
    If they listened to those sharpness freaks, we'd still be on good ole MSAA, tanking perf, artifacting and complaining that its killing Radeons.

If devs listened to those "OMG blurrrr" histerics we'd never get gaming and Anti-aliasing master-piece like this:
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/268722/Limbo_dev_opensources_its_Unity_5_antialiasing_tech.php

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    pharma likes this.
  4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    I hope they do not go this route in CyberPunk. In GodFall they use a very minimalistic DXR 1.1 approach to RT; using hardware acceleration for screen space shadows.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    ad "because nV". False. AMD gets flak for their failures and deficiencies from me. But they are not pushed around over and over again (especially not in nVidia's section) as superior and "way to go", therefore there is no reason to revisit same discussion over and over again.

as "Its not like I have madVR to choose from several methods." There are better methods. And I gave in past critique to AMD's downsampling method too. And to their deficiencies and foolish implementation. If you include it as part of solution, then it is not excluded from critique.

As for the quality. I have no reason to repeat like 20 posts about it from me in last 7 days. Where some went into details of comparison images. Describing, where it does good job. Where it improves. Where it does bad job. And where it fails. No reason to clutter this thread with 20 more posts just because you feel like it. (We have multiple "generic" gaming/videocard sections for that.)

But I'll say this. TAA you linked will clearly kill any and all fine details. Likely even more than generic TAA. Luckily, game uses right tool for right job. Because that game has no fine details geometry or textures. And it is rather irrational example to support your: "If they listened to those sharpness freaks".
    It is analogical to claim that there are good pixelated games and therefore higher resolutions are not needed.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Just for comedy factor: "shadows based on character models being occluded by the Sun."

Godfall use UE4. So question is: Why does it not work with nVidia? And why does it work poorly with AMD.
    My guess is that it is still work in progress.

7. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Then why release if such a poor representation of DXR 1.1 ray tracing. You can see missing shadows on the rocks and grass as the camera pans. Hopefully it is a bug.

Edit: It should run on Nvidia since the DXR api should use 1.0 or 1.1 automatically, though don't think GodFall's current visuals is up my alley.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    As I wrote, those are questions for UE4 forums. I am not interested in this game either.
    And those visual bugs are bad. They will distract players. On top of that other shadows from global geometry are missing. Basically, DX-R OFF looks better as image is stable.
    There are good DX-R games and bad ones. This one is currently bad representation.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    AI is not Nvidia's invention. Besides there is no need to feel threatened by something as innocent as my - hunch - i believe I called it in my initial post. And I even further downplay severity and seriousness of my statement by saying I think.
    If that's pushing something that's only remotely connected with Nvidia in AMD forum, so be it. Mea culpa.

Sure dawg I am cluttering, while you're opening new frontiers of knowledge :D
    May I remind you that it's you who responded to my post initiating our little back and forth?
    I have limit of few exchanges tops, especially if someone is incurable, so I'll stop right here. Carry on :)

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Your 1st paragraphs is not even reply to quote above it. Sheer disconnect from quote begs me for reply.
    Your second paragraph is written in way to make me look bad if I reply. From psychological point of view, what you intended works only in idiots. And gains you no respect.
    As for the entire thing. Nobody forced you to fight your best for DLSS in here. Was your own desire. Don't play victim. Nor twist what I wrote by misquoting and taking it out of context.
    True context:
    Simple as that. 20 is magic number, not about you. But about myself. Clearly, I asked you to stop begging for attention by throwing nVidia related stuff into AMD's forum. Especially when same thing been discussed to dust in other threads this week.

Go find yourself a suitable section for new DLSS thread if existing ended discussions are not enough for you.

PrEzi likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  12. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    any leak on perf or prices for the navi22?

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Not yet but we can see 3060ti costs 590euros (holy crap) you can expect similar prices from 6700xt. (Even though msrp would 400$)

14. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    LOL
    still there with my rx580
    I have to buy something before june, I hope at least some overpriced 60ti and 6700XT will be available then
    but maybe there will be more users waiting for that cards due to the (LOL) launch price
    I was buying a 5700xt but then I waited for this generation so that level of performance are fine for me (1080p@144hz)
    in italy no retailers have the 6800 listed

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Europe is in bad spot with RDNA2 for now. Some shops did not care to list, some did. I have set mail notification for all Sapphire/ASRock cards with USB-C.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If i knew it would be this bad i would snag a rx5700 for 350$ few months ago. Now what is left is only waiting...

17. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX2070 OC
    There was no way of knowing tho. Just unfortunate.

Undying likes this.
  18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Friend preorder one Sapphire and one Asrock RX6800XT and both arrived to him today.
    [​IMG]

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Does he need two or hes selling one? :p

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Keeping one that OC better and second will be sold :)