New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Just for comedy factor: "shadows based on character models being occluded by the Sun."

Godfall use UE4. So question is: Why does it not work with nVidia? And why does it work poorly with AMD.
    My guess is that it is still work in progress.

2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Then why release if such a poor representation of DXR 1.1 ray tracing. You can see missing shadows on the rocks and grass as the camera pans. Hopefully it is a bug.

Edit: It should run on Nvidia since the DXR api should use 1.0 or 1.1 automatically, though don't think GodFall's current visuals is up my alley.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    As I wrote, those are questions for UE4 forums. I am not interested in this game either.
    And those visual bugs are bad. They will distract players. On top of that other shadows from global geometry are missing. Basically, DX-R OFF looks better as image is stable.
    There are good DX-R games and bad ones. This one is currently bad representation.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    AI is not Nvidia's invention. Besides there is no need to feel threatened by something as innocent as my - hunch - i believe I called it in my initial post. And I even further downplay severity and seriousness of my statement by saying I think.
    If that's pushing something that's only remotely connected with Nvidia in AMD forum, so be it. Mea culpa.

Sure dawg I am cluttering, while you're opening new frontiers of knowledge :D
    May I remind you that it's you who responded to my post initiating our little back and forth?
    I have limit of few exchanges tops, especially if someone is incurable, so I'll stop right here. Carry on :)

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Your 1st paragraphs is not even reply to quote above it. Sheer disconnect from quote begs me for reply.
    Your second paragraph is written in way to make me look bad if I reply. From psychological point of view, what you intended works only in idiots. And gains you no respect.
    As for the entire thing. Nobody forced you to fight your best for DLSS in here. Was your own desire. Don't play victim. Nor twist what I wrote by misquoting and taking it out of context.
    True context:
    Simple as that. 20 is magic number, not about you. But about myself. Clearly, I asked you to stop begging for attention by throwing nVidia related stuff into AMD's forum. Especially when same thing been discussed to dust in other threads this week.

Go find yourself a suitable section for new DLSS thread if existing ended discussions are not enough for you.

PrEzi likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  7. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    any leak on perf or prices for the navi22?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Not yet but we can see 3060ti costs 590euros (holy crap) you can expect similar prices from 6700xt. (Even though msrp would 400$)

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Pulse
    LOL
    still there with my rx580
    I have to buy something before june, I hope at least some overpriced 60ti and 6700XT will be available then
    but maybe there will be more users waiting for that cards due to the (LOL) launch price
    I was buying a 5700xt but then I waited for this generation so that level of performance are fine for me (1080p@144hz)
    in italy no retailers have the 6800 listed

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Europe is in bad spot with RDNA2 for now. Some shops did not care to list, some did. I have set mail notification for all Sapphire/ASRock cards with USB-C.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    If i knew it would be this bad i would snag a rx5700 for 350$ few months ago. Now what is left is only waiting...

12. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX2070 OC
    There was no way of knowing tho. Just unfortunate.

Undying likes this.
  13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Friend preorder one Sapphire and one Asrock RX6800XT and both arrived to him today.
    [​IMG]

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Does he need two or hes selling one? :p

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
    Keeping one that OC better and second will be sold :)

16. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
    Both are reference ones, so basically only ASIC quality difference that could be imho minimal.

OnnA likes this.
  17. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti GAMING
  18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6900XT
  19. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Teardown is a really good glimpse into the sort of lighting quality uplift we should see in 5-10 years time when we can really start to implement RT GI in games with higher fidelity assets and rendering.
    Even a game as simple visually as that, just voxels, looks outstanding. It's hard to explain how significant the impact is.
    I'm assuming it's a similar story with Minecraft, although I've never played it.

You're right, that's exactly the purpose of DLSS though - ease us into the transition to RT and 4k over the next few iterations of hardware.

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    MSRP for the 6800 Nitro+ SE appears to be around 800 US Dollars, Nitro+ at 770 US Dollars.

Not too much of a difference after the 19% VAT (Seems to be what it's at for Germany after a quick check.) which makes it roughly 950 on top of that so while there is a markup it's not too great.
    Course AMD had the stock GPU's at 600 - 700 US Dollars MSRP but that was one batch only.
    (One store got 50 Asus 6800's here and for the various 6800XT's 3 - 5 GPU's here and there if any at all, Gigabyte in particular while these are just reference with different boxes for the cards were completely unavailable and somehow also more expensive than the others.)

Not sure about the "Nice" either it looks to be the same as here the GPU's are listed but the red text tells there's a unknown delivery date so there's no current stock.

EDIT: Oh and I'm probably going by Valve/Steam pricing here USD=EUR. :p
    Sometimes it's adjusted, feels like it's just changed over without it most of the time though besides the VAT addition.