New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    I think the 6800XT will be priced > 500$ :(

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That leaves 6800xl to be 400$, that would be pretty good actually.

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    more 450 than 400
    but we will se availability and real street prices

4. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    Radeon Image Sharpening or Sapphire Trixx.

5. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX

TL;DR>
    10 Games, in 4K 6800XT vs 3080 /// 3080 looses in 5 games, draws in 2 and wins in 3.
    1440p /// 3080 looses in 8 games and wins in 2 games

RTX - NV Ampere is ahead. 6800XT is around 2080Ti (I predicted that it still will be faster, let's wait and see. I assume +5% faster than 2080Ti).

Upsampling tech "DLSS AMD" - (I call it RDLSS just for fun) --- coming with new drivers in Dec / January. Just like I have told ya guys.
    Quality not that good as DLSS but Perf better --- again --- confirming my prediction. IMHO it will be also easier to implement.
    Prices are still TBC and can literally change on the day of the announcement /// I will keep my fingers off any predictions here.

Now I really need to try and play Lottery :D:p

holeindalip and JonasBeckman like this.
  6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It's funny listening to these guys. It wasn't long ago he was saying AMD's top dog wasn't going to match the 3080. A couple of rumors from some other youtube channel and now the story has changed. I really would like to know just how much if any real information they get or is it just where they want the hardware to land. So they make up stuff just to get people liking there video.

OnnA likes this.
  7. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Well, RGT and Moore's Law have some nice sources.... RTG was the first that posted some additional pictures of the RDNA2 cards (jayztwocents just got two pictures from others, posted them, Paul from RGT got a whole lot more, but he didn't wanted to publish them back then... but since these two were leaked he got the approval to post them to). Long story short - I believe this gen RGT and Moore's Law are relatively good informed all the rest are only gathering and forwarding unconfirmed rumours.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    You do have SALT laying around, do You ;)

IMhO Those Guys (i like them) do not know anything at all, all is speculations.
    We do know what ATI leaked at Zen 3 announcement.
    GPU is good, now we need 3rd party tests to see how good.

Maddness likes this.
  9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm only going by what he said in a video a couple of weeks back. He claimed the 6900xt was only going to compete with the 3070. That was his own words. At the end of the day rumors are rumors and until AMD comes out with the cards for reviewers we won't truly know.

OnnA likes this.
  10. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Plenty of salt here brother. :p I'd be plenty happy if AMD takes the crown. I'm going to get RyZen 3 and a PS5 for sure. So AMD's making money off me. :D

OnnA likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If only you waited and got the 6900xt too ;)

Maddness likes this.
  12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Moore's... has no sources. as he literally contradicts himself so often, that there is no reason to consider anything he says as potentially real. You can make your own fake properties.
    Then he goes and says, that one of his contradicting statements is true and therefore he was right.

Other dude says that very often: "We leaked." But in reality he does not leak anything since he does not work for AMD.
    Then one of them said that he can't speak of specifics because he signed NDA and right after continues with pure speculations.

Those people are less than 1 week from real launch party making speculations. Moving their guestimations.

With Moore's, every time someone shoves his video in my face, I play it and click dislike half way when there is just too much BS coming out of his mouth.
    With RGT, I sometimes give Like, Sometimes dislike. But I made rule to put this marking on each video I watch from those wanna be tech news guys, just to know that I already seen video moment I click someones link. (As they are mostly total waste of time.)

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    So what do you consider as a good source? I have my own, I like both of those guys, one is an analytic and the other has sources. What can YOU recommend? Or are your sources so secret you cannot tell us too...

14. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Question is, why do we feel compelled to get hyped by rumors and get these youtubers some add revenue when half the time the rumors are false.
    It's never satisfactorily since when a hyped product is released together with the reviews, we already lost interest because of some other hype.
    Look at the 3080 launch. A fine product with, as with all products, some flaws; yet you have people saying they don't care because the Radeon 6000 series will be better.
    And so on, and so on and so on. Will we ever be satisfied?

I've gone all the way from a GF6800 to a GTX1080Ti with decent gaps in between.
    I was always hyped for the next best thing. I was never satisfied...
    Now I'll be waiting a few years more untill RT is fully developed, HDR and VRR screens are a gaming standard and my index is fully obsolete.
    I'm hyped for games now, and buy hardware when the game has reached 'GOTY' status so it can fully strech it's legs.

Am I getting old? :)

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ^^ Just Take Youngie' pill :rolleyes:

PrEzi likes this.

16. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    You cant possibly trust folks who make a living off clicks, if they are upfront and offer reviews then thats another matter but these sites exist only to fan the flames of Hype because they get more clicks and money.

Makino likes this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Someone who changes their statements as often as you do change socks (daily) has no source. And that's what those YT guys do.

18. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Well I don't want to defend anyone and especially some influencers, but I think I remember Moore's (and RGT) stating over and over and over again, that Navi will be indeed big, will bring back the competition, will be on par OR faster than NV Flagship and that NV will be panicking and paper launching. Most of their "predictions" were true. At least this time around.
    I am watching a lot of other channels (and not only YT as a source, but also forums, tweets and other sources that don't bring any revenue to the posters) and I also try to outfilter things that are a complete nonsense and not logical...

Still -- pity you can't give a few sources of your own... you know -- for the sake of helping people to "avoid" bad ones.

19. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Reliable sources on 'leaks' or advance information are slim, apisak would be one, other sources that provide information based on info gathered from benchmarks run from engineering samples, info from drivers and such. The pictures about the Ampere HSF proved to be accurate but really these 'leakers' can be played with by people who want to disseminate disinformation. Many people here could speculate on new GPUs and be as 'accurate' as any of the so-called leakers, who do just that, speculate and pass it off as leaks from 'sources'.

OnnA likes this.
  20. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    GPU Hitting 2500 Mhz boost

https://twitter.com/patrickschur_/status/1320387050789654529

"≥ 2500 MHz (10.28 %) 2400 ≤ x < 2500 MHz (24.46 %) 2300 ≤ x < 2400 MHz (50.49 %) 2200 ≤ x < 2300 MHz (3.64 %) 2100 ≤ x < 2200 MHz (1.38 %) < 2100 MHz (9.75 %)"

I wonder if that's on air, water, overclocked?
    In any case, it's pretty insane !

This might be RTG's "Pascal" moment, even more actually!

PrEzi likes this.