New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Thats true, the only thing I can see if the Devil card with 8 pin connectors maybe unlocked bios?

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Readies Navi 23 High-End ‘Killer’ GPU For Radeon RX Flagship, Alleges Rumor – Arrives Next Year With Ray Tracing Support

The latest rumor on high-end Navi GPUs comes from RedGamingTech who reports that AMD has been working on at least two new Navi GPUs.

These new GPUs are known as the Navi 21 and the Navi 23. The source reports that while there is little information available on these GPUs, there are some details that were mentioned by their source.

It should also be pointed out that this specific news comes out a few days after AMD’s CEO confirmed during an investors call that they are indeed working on high-end, Navi based Radeon RX graphics cards.
    First and foremost, these GPUs are going to be introduced in the mid of 2020.
    These put them in the same timeframe when AMD will be introducing their second generation RDNA architecture, built upon the 7nm+ process node.
    The Navi 21 and Navi 23 as such are likely to be based on the new RDNA architecture which would further enhance the GPU design we saw on the Radeon RX 5700 series cards.

The GPU which most would be looking forward to is Navi 23 which is said to power AMD’s next-gen enthusiast and high-end Radeon RX series graphics cards.
    The source points out that the Navi 23 GPU is internally being referred to as the ‘NVIDIA Killer’.
    We have seen previous attempts of AMD such as the Radeon R9 Fury X, Radeon RX Vega and Radeon VII failing to match up to NVIDIA’s high-end cards or even similar priced offerings.

However, this report shows that with Navi based high-end GPUs, AMD is more confident and taking the fight to NVIDIA with their own flagship solutions.

Other things that are talked about is the support for Ray Tracing which is definitely something that AMD is working on. With their next-gen RDNA architecture, AMD plans to have hardware-level integration on their GPUs to support real-time ray tracing in games.
    This would put them on par with NVIDIA’s RTX technology which implemented ray-tracing support through hardware-level integration last year with their GeForce RTX 20 series cards.

It should also be pointed out that high-end Navi GPUs might retain High-Bandwidth memory design like the current flagship.
    While AMD is featuring GDDR6 memory on their mainstream RDNA based cards, it is likely that the company would go ahead with the newer HBM2E VRAM.

The HBM2E DRAM comes in 8-Hi stack configuration and utilizes 16 Gb memory dies, stacked together and clocked at 3.2 Gbps.
    This would result in a total bandwidth of 410 GB/s on a single and 920 GB/s with two HBM2E stacks which is just insane. To top it all, the DRAM has a 1024-bit wide bus interface which is the same as current HBM2 DRAM.
    Samsung says that their HBM2E solution, when stacked in 4-way configuration, can offer up to 64 GB memory at 1.64 TB/s of bandwidth.
    Such products would only be suitable for servers/HPC workloads but a high-end graphics product for enthusiasts can feature up to 32 GB memory with just two stacks which is twice as much memory as the Radeon VII.

apple020997, Maddness and Jackalito like this.
  3. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

4. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    About bloody time AMD.

5. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 by G3D
    Oh please no, no hype train... we know how that sh*t storm ends.

Nvidia killer BS. Show the card, release it, let it be reviewed and let people decide if it kills something or lags behind.

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    It's no hype train. It will most likely happen, it will be a slither faster than a 2080Ti, and it will be a slither slower than a 7nm 3080, launching at the same time window.

They will be both slower than the 3080Ti.

OnnA likes this.
  7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800
    Well, if that's true, I'll put any thought of getting a new GPU till this new, RT capable flagship AMD card comes out. Meanwhile, I'll chug along nicely with my PC VEGA64 Red Devil (aluminium shroud), which I think looks more kickbutt than that PC 5700 (XT?) Red Devil
    [​IMG]

apple020997, OnnA and Maddness like this.
  8. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yep, that's a beast alright. I'd hold off if i had one of those.

9. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Welcome back my friend :p :D:)
    Navi? Vega? or like me Arcturus?

Let us hope this Train will deliver....
    IMhO it could happend, looking at small Navi performance.
    ATI needs 450mm2 chip to overcome 2080Ti in some Games (not all of'em)

PS.
    Driver need to mature also.

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Hey man, never left, just much less time.

For now a really cheap GTX 1070 I got new for €300, six months ago (after the Quadrobake went to the big Google cloud).

For later anything that might actually hold 4k60, since my big upgrade will most likely happen mid-2020, when Zen 4k is out.

Embra, Maddness and OnnA like this.

11. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Wish they would be released beginning of year.

12. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800
    Patience, my friend, all good things come to those who wait. I'm willing to wait for big Navi, I have a feeling it'd be worth the wait.

13. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    Guys, don't overhype this. If they can give us 2080Ti performance at around €600, it would be perfect, even if Nvidia has the crown with the 3080 Ti that is inevitably coming at around the same time.

Maddness likes this.
  15. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    €600 might be a bit optimistic, I'd say closer to €800

PrMinisterGR likes this.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Reference Cards are EOL?

[​IMG]

Note:
    AiB Partners are very important for ATI/AMD that's why they have Blower style cooler on reference GPUs.

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800
    I'm realistic enough to know that RTX3080 Ti would be the new king of the hill after RTX2080 Ti. I just hope NAVI 23 can at least match, or slightly exceed RTX2080 Ti in games without RT. I just hope that AMD's RT hardware implementation is more......robust (?) than nVidia's.

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  18. apple020997

apple020997 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64+waterbl.
    If it’ll be a 600€ GPU (incl. f!ck!n italian taxes) it’ll be mine, or at least I hope that a 600€ card will be released....
    I don’t want to spend too much because I have to put it in my watercooling loop.
    I’ll buy it because I think my Vega 64 won’t be enough to play Cyberpunk 2077 with every single option maxed at 1080p60, and because ray tracing (that now I consider wasted die space until conslowles will have it) will gain traction, and Cyberpunk has it.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    We will have all price point covered.
    199-299 & 349€ 5700/5700XT
    399-499€ for 58xx
    599-699€ for 59xx
    And thats all IMO.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    By the time AMD actually release a card faster than 5700xt Nvidia will be on 7nm and 3080 will beat the crap of out of it. Intel joining the playground with its rt capable cards will leave AMD on last place. Dont forget to overhype this new "nvidia killer" gpu so we call be disappointed when its here (sounds familiar?).

MaCk0y, Thadeus and warlord like this.