New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I do actually remember it. I Considered it and then came to conclusion that in that cooling capacity, there is no good gameplay.
    Updated... good, enough... no. Decent gameplay at 720p, but still "portable gaming PC/console" is adequate name as much as "Portable Workstation notebook". Both really require one to be plugged in.
    8GB version is apparently necessity even with low/medium detail textures as it is still eaten from system memory. And then for $899 one can get pretty portable 13,3'' laptop.
    (One thing which can make it much more desirable is LTE modem. But that's for 7nm times.)

7nm is edge of good device like this. 7nm+ is where fun starts.
    @pharma : I do not even know how many times I said that those are dead weight transistors in Vega 14nm. I wonder if they kept them in Vega 7nm or removed them.

2. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    That's a good question. I just don't know but not sure whether they can be removed. Likely will not impact performance gained at 7nm.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Philips Stunning New E Series Narrow-Border Monitors with FreeSync:

Today EPI, the brand license partner for Philips monitors and leading technology company, announces the availability of the Philips E Series. The E Series includes three monitors - a 27-inch (276E9QDSB), 24-inch (246E9QDSB) and 22-inch (226E9QDSB).
    This family of professional monitors provides vivid color in a stylish, minimal design. With an IPS panel with wide viewing angles and incredibly narrow side bezels, the E series is especially suited for a multi-display or tiling setup for graphic design or professional applications. The E line is available at Newegg starting at $109.99.

The Philips E Line features stylish design with extraordinary picture performance. The display is a Full HD IPS panel with a wide range of colors that provides better viewing angles and high color accuracy for color-intensive tasks like photo editing or graphic design.
    Users can expect to see more realistic colors and a true-to-life picture.These new Philips displays are designed with ultra-narrow borders which allow for minimal distraction and maximum viewing size when used together. The ultra-narrow border provides an experience similar to the feeling of using a single large display. Paired with the IPS panel, the E line is ideal not only for professional applications, but also for photos, movies, web browsing and gaming. For console gaming, the E line also uses AMD FreeSync technology for artifact-free performance and smooth video playback.

Philips has also packed the E line with a suite of Philips exclusive features including its LowBlue mode and Flicker-Free technology. Studies have shown that just as ultra-violet rays can cause eye damage, shortwave length blue light rays from LED displays can cause eye damage and affect vision over time. Philips LowBlue mode was developed for wellbeing and uses a smart software technology to reduce harmful blue light. Due to how brightness is controlled on LED screens, many users experience flicker on their screen which causes eye fatigue.
    Philips Flicker-Free technology regulates brightness and reduces flicker for a more comfortable viewing experience.

The Philips E series is now available at Newegg for $179.99 for the 27-inch model, $139.99 for the 24-inch and $109.99 for the 22-inch.

[​IMG]

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Yup
    399-499€ for 30% more than Vega 64
    199-249€ for ~Vega 64 LC Performance

Thanks to this more ppl will have 1440p HDR capable affordable GPU and market can & will go on.
    We need this more than 4k capable gaming, small steps are better.
    People will love Gaming with FreeSync2 HDR at 1440p 100-144Hz for ~800€

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018

5. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    I totally disagree. AMD does need to implement Ray Tracing. It is absolutely the future of gaming. Developers have said it is the holy grail of graphics lighting effects. If AMD ignores it, it will be at there peril.

RzrTrek and OnnA like this.
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Asynchronous RayTracing made by nACE -> it's RyZENable ;)
    IMO this is what they hiding now, before Bum !

Maddness likes this.
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Considering that reflections from BF5 we have seen are going to be degraded in final game... And how low resolution were reflections in UL-FM 3DMark Dandia demo...
    I'll leave my judgement for time it comes.
    AMD can implement DX-R in quite a few ways. And maybe even in some interesting ways depending on precision of calculation.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Also we need at last 2,3 ray bounce for RayTrace reflection/refraction (not cut off, low res only 1)
    But (because im 3D Artist) i just don't see Raytrace Real Time anytime soon.
    And TBF those not-fully as it should be -> it's not the way.

Run this Demo (from AD. 2004)
    Here -> https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=13090

-> https://mega.nz/#F!gc9V2ASQ!i2i0K2aO6wBYa5iSED0UiQ

Note:
    Some sort of Wave-search (Radiosity) can be achieved, GPUs today have the PowaH but it need to be done by really efficient API, maby DX13 or Vulcan2.
    That's why i prefer ATI approach, they designed next Gen APIs and now it will fruit more & more.
    HW and API must go head to head, one can't hold back the other.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  9. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    Someone had to start the ball rolling. Considering the huge compute need for Ray Tracing, i never expected it to be perfect right from the start. Its way more intensive than Tesselation. I actually think AMD cards will do pretty well considering just how compute heavy their cards are. It is the future and personally I'm very excited about it.

10. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    So... we're basing AMD's next move on a YouTube video? A YouTube video where a guy says it's a speculation... And he also says that AMD being quiet is great.

I'll flip it for you... What if AMD release their next top end GPU at a price similar to 20xx series only with worse performance? Because, that's what they're good at. What then?

RzrTrek likes this.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Then we face the same situation as with Intel o_O
    Prices will inflate: Big GPU 750mm2 Ti for 1999€ and 1199€ for cut down 500mm2 chip :p

But don't worry, ATI will deliver, usually they do :rolleyes:
    Price/Performance/Quality IMhO Radeon+FreeSync is still no.1

-> Yes sales of Vega ramp up recently ~30% more sales for Vegas in Germany.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Reminds me of the Reno 911 FBI agent Steve Hardcastle:

You know, we're in the heat of this, uh...
    This ray, um...
    Ray, uh...
    Ray...
    Ray, ray... Mendoza.

I'll tell you right now. I don't know anything.
    Nothing. No idea.

But that...Is good. 'cause that's the place I start from.
    When I know nothing, the possibilities are limitless.

OnnA and Maddness like this.
  13. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Who's ATI?

If you mean AMD, last time they "delivered" a high end competitor to Nvidia, they flopped. FuryX launched more expensive than the 980ti and performed worse. Vega actually never competed with Nvidia's top end.

RzrTrek likes this.
  14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Please. This is not that kind of thread. Only positive goes ;)

You can plaster all over the rest of the forum that AMD needs to climb ~100% in perf/watt just to equalize Turing :D

Which is just about the right amount of what 7nm might give them. Which doesn't bode well with NV 7nm consumer parts coming any time soon.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's also some good Quality FreeSync & VR :D

But Yes it's a positive way, besides (users of Fury or Vega) can't regret nothing and can Play games NP.
    And this is all about Gaming, not comparing Behemoth 750mm2 to rather small 366mm2 chip :eek:

Also you can't compare Quality of gaming for ppl like:
    Radeon User -> RX580 8GB + 1080p FreeSync monitor
    to nV 1060 6GB user on budged non G-sync monitor -> based on benchmarks it's trade blows, but in reality (GAMING) Radeon Crushes it NP (also in tW thanks to Radeon Chill)
    Those are pure Facts ;)

16. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    well, we can all dream.

RzrTrek likes this.
  17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    What did you expect? The guy is a living ad. And knowing he only has good things to say about AMD, makes me think he's a long term investor.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    While someone could start it... This was not right time nor way...
    But since they did. I can nicely judge that start. For now it looks bad. It looks like 720p bad or worse. And delivery mechanism costs a lot.
    I'll still leave my final judgement for later. But considering that those gigarays/s turned into "bounding volume checks"/s and that turned to mere 2~3 hundreds of megarays/s and that's just for shadows replacing Ambient Occlusion and Global Illumination. (words of developer making Metro Exodus)

@metagamer & @RzrTrek : Can't you create your personal communication? I think very few people care what's your personal opinion about OnnA.
    I get that you just want to shoot. But this thread and his contribution around did a lot of good for AMD's section. metagamer, you probably have not seen mess (dozens of threads, each with different information from somewhere from different person). But RzrTrek should remember.

If you have problem with content of this thread posted by anyone, report it. But before you do, at least read name of this thread:
    New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Only Intruder, G13Homi and INSTG8R like this.
  19. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    I disagree. Everything we have seen so far is either at alpha or beta stage. The BFV Ray Tracing looked good. The new Metro is still months away and looked good. Rasterized lighting will never be as good as Ray Traced lighting.

pharma and RzrTrek like this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    That was really sad :oops:

Besides Man like me, Fox, Gupsterg and many others with some skills/knowledge can't abandon Radeon Ship (because they can't match others at the moment)
    We are needed for those who need Tweaks, Mods and other good Stuff.
    TBF Vega (Fury and 280X/290X/RX580) are great GPUs.

They need Us, and We won't abandon them :rolleyes::D:p
    Look whats happend when RP cease to exist, just saying -> ATI/AMD Team need some Love too :cool:

G13Homi, Maddness and INSTG8R like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.