New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Maybe you should've got an used gtx1070, im seeing them at 160eur already. Faster than 580, little slower than vega56 and no more amd drivers to deal with.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Was also on my radar, but I mainly use Linux based OS and AMDGPU driver stack is stable under the latest kernel and Mesa.
    And my budget was 100€..125 with shipping and insurance.
    Was not to like?

Undying likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Thats different then. Let us know how it runs when the card arrives. :)

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Will do. And as much I had my fair share of Nvidia cards, since Ive migrated to Linux I start to dislike more and more their position and product stance in the tech world.
    Nvidia have their merits and they are a force to be reckon, but I'll choose AMD for now.
    And to think that I avoided AMD like the plague from 2007 to 2014...

The_Amazing_X and Undying like this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Tell me about it. Last nvidia card i used was 8800gt back in 2008. :D

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Im on the same boat, last time I had an nvidia was a nvidia 256 lol, I always get used and even on the used market you get more for your money with AMD

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD releases TressFX 4.1
    Featuring: Unreal Engine integration, optimized physics simulation shaders & new rendering features

AMD has released a new version of its TressFX tech, TressFX 4.1. In case you were unaware of, the TressFX library is AMD’s hair/fur rendering and simulation technology.
    Therefore, TressFX is designed to use the GPU to simulate and render high quality realistic hair and fur.

According to the press release, TressFX 4.1 features further optimization of the physics simulation shaders. It also packs new rendering features, as well as documentation and tutorials.
    Not only that, but it comes with an updated TressFX Exporter for Autodesk Maya.

This release also demonstrates TressFX integration with Unreal Engine 4.22.
    According to AMD, this is a minimal integration to improve ease-of-use with multiple TressFX components, features, and rendering and simulation materials.

Here are the key features of TressFX.

• Hair and fur support, designed for high quality anti-aliasing
    • Animation/skinning support
    • Unreal Engine (4.22) integration
    • TressFX/Cauldron implementation (source code)
    • Maya plugin provided for hair/fur and collision authoring
    Here are also the key features of TressFX 4.1.

• TressFX/Unreal engine integration (patch under Epic Games Unreal GitHub repository) with multiple components, rendering and simulation material support
    • TressFX/Cauldron implementation with source code (DirectX® 12 and Vulkan®)
    • Optimized physics simulation shaders can allow more hair to be simulated in real-time
    • New rendering features (StrandUV and Hair Parameter Blending)
    • New Level of Detail (LOD) system
    • Documentation and tutorials
    • Updated Maya Exporter with new UI and new features/error checking

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD: Big Navi Radeon RX GPUs Are Going To Disrupt 4K Gaming, Similar To How Ryzen Disrupted The CPU Segment

AMD's flagship Navi GPU or 'Big Navi' as the red team themselves refer to it as has been under-development for a while now and upon release, it will go on to power next-generation Radeon RX graphics cards with a sole focus on the 4K gaming segment.

AMD's 'Big Navi' GPU Based Enthusiast Radeon RX Graphics Cards To Disrupt The 4K Gaming Segment

There aren't many details on the big Navi GPU available at the moment but during the Radeon RX 5600 XT's press briefing,
    AMD's Radeon Product Management Lead, Mithun Chandrasekhar, spilled the beans that like Ryzen, Big Navi is going to disrupt the 4K gaming segment.

“With the Radeon 5000-series we are essentially covering 90-something-percent of the total PC gamers today,” says Chandrasekhar.
    “And so that’s the reason why no 4K right now, it’s because the vast majority of them are at 1440p and 1080p.
    “That doesn’t mean a 4K-capable GPU isn’t coming, it is coming, but for here and now we want to focus on the vast majority of gamers.”
    “Similar to Ryzen,” he says, “all of us need a thriving Radeon GPU ecosystem. So, are we going after 4K, and going to similarly disrupt 4K?
    Absolutely, you can count on that. But that’s all I can say right now.”

- PCGamesN

Chandrasekhar has some valid points as to why we haven't seen a flagship 4K graphics card from AMD as of yet.
    According to him, the vast majority (90%) of the gaming market is composed of PC gamers who play at 1080p or 1440p resolutions.

So with the first stream of Navi Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards such as the RX 5700 XT, RX 5700, RX 5600 XT, RX 5500 XT, they tackled those markets and they did a pretty good job at it.
    Aside from the Radeon RX 5500 XT which is a hit or a miss in many gaming titles against the competition, the RX 5600 XT, RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT do a really well job in delivering great performance per dollar against the Turing based GeForce GTX & GeForce RTX graphics cards.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT almost matches the GeForce RTX 2080 which is something that bodes well for the upcoming flagship part.
    In regards to the 'Big Navi' Radeon RX graphics cards, AMD states that we can expect the same kind of disruption in the 4K gaming segment with the enthusiast Navi graphics cards as the Ryzen processors in the mainstream and high-performance CPU segment.
    It looks like AMD is all set to deliver a fast and truly next-generation 4K graphics cards based on their Navi graphics architecture.

With that said, we are already aware of a recent rumor which pointed out that AMD's high-end Radeon RX Navi GPUs could be up to twice as fast as Navi 10, featuring a massive die size and HBM2/GDDR6 memory.
    Some of the features to expect from 2nd Generation RDNA Navi GPUs would be:

• Optimized 7nm+ process node
    • Enthusiast-grade desktop graphics card options
    • Hardware-Level Ray Tracing Support
    • A mix of GDDR6 and HBM2 graphics cards
    • More power-efficient than First-Gen Navi GPUs

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, I am bummed guys. And dissapointed.
    As in this thread we can discuss aftermarket GPUs , here is what happened today.
    Got this deal on RX 580, everything looked all right. But after receiving the package and trying to test the card, all I got is this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fresh W 10 install, with latest drivers patches and stuff. Tried the other PCI e slot, altough weird, it shoukd work in both . Latest motherboard BIOS, no OC, factory settings.
    Was a royal pain to install W10, BSODs every time.
    When I finally managed to get it to the desktop, and aparently instlled the Andrenalin driver, computer entered a boot loop.
    Well, in Linux from the get go, colors were inverted.
    Guys, I am sending it back, it is clear that the card is faulty.
    Maintained a civil conversation with the seller, sorry, but I want a working card, because I am paying valid money.
    Well, there goes my day ....no luck with GPUs lately, it seems.

10. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    The GPU-Z numbers are weird, I can tell.
    Either the BIOS was messed with, or it was used for mining and something.
    I wouldn't deal with flashing it back again just from the get go.
    I don't like to be lied or mislead.
    What card to get now, what to do?

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Clearly card was doa. I had similiar artifacting at desktop with my 280X when vram was faulty. Ask for a replacement and to send you another 580 thats actually working.

12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Seller first hand was attentive and cordially listened
    Now after I opened the dispute, he responded back the claim to the selling platform
    He told them that I switched the GPU with a defective one and now filling the claim.
    That's exactly I feared to buy second hand GPUs.
    Luckily I took pictures and seller says that he also has.
    Ok didn't opened, didn't broke the seals.
    Took pictures and screenshots all the way.
    Hope that this doesn't turn more bitter.

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    The seller send me a voicemail saying that he marked the card and and he will know if I did something shady.
    Fair enough.
    But that got me thinking.
    In our saved conversation ( thank God) I asked:
    What memory does it have? Samsung, Hynix...
    Seller said Hynix and send me a half screenshot, and it was Hynix.

[​IMG]

But when I was testing the card it was Micron. Didn't seemed much, but somewhere clicked in my mind.
    Didn't pay too much attention, I was struggling to install W10 and overcome the BSODs and the issues with artifacts.
    But in the back of my mind I was so pissed off that someone wants to simply cross me over.
    So there you have it...found out that there is the possibility that the seller switched the card, and now accuses me of doing it.
    I am so pissed off.
    Will keep you posted

14. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX 480
    Good luck. What a shady person.

anticupidon likes this.
  15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sent him the G3D link and will open a thread on Reddit.
    Now, when we were still negociating, he asked to rather meet and pay him cash.
    No, we live towns apart, and cash in hand means no insurance , so we use the selling platform, to play by the book.
    Why seller wanted to make the deal in cash? Sorry, I am playing by the book, all my life had.
    I have a reputation as in life , as on the web. Many can vouch for me, so many.
    I didn't and will not swindle anyone.
    Seller , I I have your name adress and telf number. You don't want this turn sour on your part, sayHi to the internet.
    I will not stop and will not permit being bullied by this kind of person.

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, diging in the same selling platform, someone with almost same products, same backgrounds for photos, and some GPU defective, has something to sell
    by crossing the index adress and some details I will not reveil for the moment, seems that ( I am not 100% sure yet) that I am onto something.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Confirms 7nm Navi Refresh & 7nm+ Next-Gen Navi GPU Based Radeon RX Graphics Cards in 2020

AMD Confirms That Navi Refresh 7nm and Navi Next-Gen 7nm+ GPUs Based Radeon RX Graphics Cards To Debut in 2020

There have been several confirmations of a high-end, enthusiast-grade Radeon RX graphics card which would be based upon the next-generation Navi architecture but it looks like we now know that AMD would
    not only introduce their next-generation 7nm+ RDNA graphics cards in 2020 but would also refresh their existing lineup based on the current Navi architecture.

Q: Lisa, can you give us some idea of what new GPUs you're expected to launch to the rest of 2020, for PCs and for data center?

LS: Yes. In 2019, we launched our new architecture in GPUs, it's the RDNA architecture, and that was the Navi based products.
    You should expect that those will be refreshed in 2020 - and we'll have a next-generation RDNA architecture that will be part of our 2020 lineup.
    So we're pretty excited about that, and we'll talk more about that at our financial analyst day.
    On the data center GPU side, you should also expect that we'll have some new products in the second half of this year.

During the earnings call, AMD's CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, once again confirmed new Radeon RX graphics cards in 2020 but she didn't just mention next-generation RDNA based products but also unveiled that existing Navi (RDNA1) graphics cards would be refreshed.
    This raises up some interesting points as we could see both RDNA 1 and RDNA 2 co-exist in 2020 but it would be interesting to see if Big Navi is a variation of the first-generation RNDA graphics architecture or the 2nd generation which is to feature 7nm+ (EUV) process technology.
    More recently, there have been several listings of new Radeon RX 5000 series graphics cards in EEC with products such as the Radeon RX 5950XT, RX 5950, RX 5900 and RX 5800 XT. What's interesting is that if AMD refreshes the existing Navi lineup, would it just be a similar bump to what NVIDIA did with their Turing SUPER lineup or something less significant. The Turing SUPER series brought huge updates to the GeForce RTX and GeForce GTX lineup, boosting clock speeds, core specs, memory specs and more at similar or slightly higher price points.

We have already got significant details of the 'Big Navi' GPU which would be featured on AMD's flagship and enthusiast-grade graphics cards this year. According to AMD themselves, they are planning to disrupt the 4K gaming segment with their high-end Navi GPUs, similar to how Ryzen disrupted the CPU segment.

“That doesn’t mean a 4K-capable GPU isn’t coming, it is coming, but for here and now we want to focus on the vast majority of gamers.”

“Similar to Ryzen,” he says, “all of us need a thriving Radeon GPU ecosystem.
    So, are we going after 4K, and going to similarly disrupt 4K? Absolutely, you can count on that. But that’s all I can say right now.”

- PCGamesN

The main Radeon / GPU segment key points from the earnings call were:

• The AMD Radeon / GPU specific key points from the earnings call were:
    • Current inventory is at $1 billion, which is down 6% from last year
    • Trailing 12-month EBITDA is $1.1 billion
    • 80% of semi-custom revenue for 2020 is expected in the second half of the year due to console launches
    • In 2020, Navi will be refreshed In 2020, we will see GPUs built on next-generation RDNA
    • Half of AMD's revenue is built on its 7nm product portfolio
    • Semi-custom revenue was down 30-50%
    • In 2H19 due to end-of-cycle consoles

Embra, Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    @anticupidon

Please start new Thread for problems ;)
    Please move Your posts there, thanks Bro.

This thread is for our Hype Train (New Upcoming).
    New & shiny :p
    Also new monitors etc.

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Sorry, will do.
    Just didn't knew where to put them.
    Hope to hear some good news, I surely need some.

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  20. pharma

pharma Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Removed. Old content