New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    PlayStation 5: PS5 performance could outperform Nvidia RTX 2080

Slowly but surely, the puzzle pieces around the PlayStation 5 are put together. Insiders are currently saying that the new PS5 should outperform an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080.

There is also talk of possible exclusive titles for the next-gen console.

While Sony speaks publicly about fast SSDs, resolutions up to 8K and the use of AMD hardware , the questions about performance remain unanswered.

All the more frequently the topic arises in the rumor mill, which the mostly well-informed Kotaku editor Jason Schreier has been heating up in a podcast since the beginning of December.
    He strongly believes that the PlayStation 5 (PS5) planned for the fourth quarter of 2020 will exceed the performance of an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080.
    Rumors come to a head after new AMD Radeon benchmarks
    If you trust the statements of the insider, the graphic computing power of the PS5 console would be over 10.6 teraflops (TFLOPs). The fact that such a scenario is not unlikely is confirmed by recent benchmarks from a previously unknown AMD Radeon graphics card.

In theory, this leaves Nvidia's flagship GeForce RTX 2080 Ti behind with a plus of between 17 and 30 percent. However, the question of the price of the console remains open.
    After all, most RTX 2080 graphics cards only show up in price comparisons from around 600 euros.

-> https://winfuture.de/news,113451.html

2. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I would gladly pay 600€ for a console that has top of the line tech / power in its release, las 2 gens were complete failures power wise.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AOC has written to HEXUS to announce two new 27-inch gaming monitors which will be added to its G2 gaming monitor range.
    Both the new monitors have quite a few key characteristics in common; VA panels, QHD 2560 x 1440p resolutions, max refresh rates of 144Hz (FreeSync support), 1ms MPRT, 3000:1 native contrast ratio and 120 per cent sRGB and 90 per cent AdobeRGB coverage.
    The curved CQ27G2U comes with an aggressively curved (1500R) screen for 'increased immersion'.

You can go to the respective product pages of the AOC Q27G2U and curved CQ27G2U via the links supplied.
    With the appeal of curved screens being rather Marmite-like, it is good that AOC is offering basically the same monitor in a choice of flat or 1500R forms.
    I've picked through the specs tables of the AOC Q27G2U and curved CQ27G2U to double check that this is the case.
    The only other difference between the monitors other than curvature and the impact this has on the physical size/shape of the monitor is that the curved version supports HDMI 2.0 x 2, DisplayPort 1.2 x 1 while the flat screen offers HDMI 1.4 x 2, DisplayPort 1.2 x 1.

AOC highlights the main attractions of the pair of new 27-inch monitors as below:

• QHD resolution: QHD resolution is composed of 2560 x 1440 pixels, 1.7x as many pixels as Full HD (1080p), it thus offers a significant upgrade in detail.
    • 144Hz refresh rate: Industry-proven high refresh rate for FPS (First Person Shooter), TPS (Third Person Shooter), racing and sim games.
    • 1ms MPRT: Practically eliminates motion blur and shows a clear, sharp image in each frame.
    • AMD FreeSync support: Thanks to the variable refresh rate (VRR) technology with AMD FreeSync support, the panel’s refresh rate is matched with the game’s frames per second, eliminating stuttering caused by V-Sync, and tearing.
    • High native contrast ratio and vivid colours: The VA panels of these models deliver a high native contrast ratio of 3000:1 resulting in impressively deep blacks and vivid, intense colours.
    • Ergonomics: Both the CQ27G2U and Q27G2U are equipped with the G2 series' elegant and practical stand. It offers 130 mm height adjustment in addition to tilt, swivel and pivot options. You can remove the stand and use your own mounting system based upon the VESA 100x100 standard.
    • Flexibility: A built-in USB 3.0 hub with four ports (one with quick charging) enables users to connect their keyboard, mouse, webcam, or simply any USB peripherals, but also to charge their smartphone or other devices. Cable management is built into the stand.
    [​IMG]

If you are interested in the AOC Q27G2U and curved CQ27G2U, AOC tells us that the flat screen model will become available this month priced at £279. If you prefer the curved design you will have to wait until February, and save up another tenner, the RRP is £289. Whichever you choose, you will get a 3 year guarantee.

“AOC’s Q27G2U (flat) will be available in January at an MSRP of €329
    and the CQ27G2U (curved) will be available in February at an MSRP of €339.”

[​IMG]

THX to HEXUS

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Maddness likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT To Counter-Attack NVIDIA RTX 2060 With Faster Clocks, New Factory Shipped BIOS From Several AIBs Ready

Videocardz reports that one of AMD's AIB partners,
    Sapphire, has already put up new clock speeds for their RX 5600 XT PULSE graphics card which initially featured 1560 MHz (game) and a 1620 MHz boost clock but now features a 1615 MHz (game) and a 1750 MHz boost clock.
    The memory speed has also been pushed to 14 Gbps instead of 12 Gbps, bringing its total bandwidth on par with the RTX 2060 at 336 GB/s.

[​IMG]

This all has led to a slight increase in power consumption of the card which is up from 150W to 160W.
    The 8% increase in boost and a 3% increase in the game clock should result in a 5-10% increase in gaming performance over what was initially showcased,
    bringing it much closer to the RTX 2060 but the RTX cards still have the better feature set on board along with higher efficiency that Turing based GPUs have to offer.

Some overclocked performance figures of a Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT PULSE graphics card have already appeared on 3DMark,
    showcasing a nice boost in performance while the Radeon RX 5700 is still 10% ahead. Following is one of the more recent entries spotted by our buddy, at Twitter:

[​IMG]

We have already seen various performance leaks of the card which is expected to outpace the GTX 1660 Ti and GTX 1660 SUPER around a $279 US price point.
    The following are some 3DMark GPU benchmarks.

• RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy - 6446 Graphics Score, 5884 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy Extreme - 2815 Graphics Score, 2576 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT 3DMark Time Spy Extreme - 2791 Graphics Score, 2891 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT Fire Strike - 18906 Graphics Score, 14341 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT Fire Strike Extreme - 9198 Graphics Score, 8087 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT Fire Strike Ultra - 4738 Graphics Score, 4672 Overall Score
    • RX 5600 XT Fire Strike Ultra - 4756 Graphics Score, 4688 Overall Score

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    The_Amazing_X and Maddness like this.

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    GPU sales at Mindfactory: Radeon RX 5700 XT clearly ahead of GeForce RTX 2060 Super

Mail order company Mindfactory has released retail sales for AMDs and Nvidia's new graphics cards GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 2070 Super and 2080 Super as well as Radeon RX 5700 and 5700 XT.
    It shows that AMD is clearly ahead of Nvidia in the same price segment.

The sales shares of Nvidia and AMD in the global GPU market have been clearly in favor of Nvidia for years. However, the German retail market often shows a different picture:
    Mindfactory has published first figures for sales of the new graphics card models that came on the market in July 2019, including the GeForce RTX 2060 Super, the 2070 Super and the 2080 Super as well the Radeon RX 5700 and the 5700 XT.

The numbers provide a clear picture:

• Geforce RTX 2080 Super: 3,490 sales in 2019
    • Geforce RTX 2070 Super: 13,175 sales in 2019
    • Geforce RTX 2060 Super: 5,315 sales in 2019
    • Radeon RX 5700 XT: 13,690 sales in 2019
    • Radeon RX 5700: 4,510 sales in 2019
    In the price segment of around $ 400, AMD is clearly ahead of Nvidia and, according to 3DCenter, sold 2.6 times this category on Mindfactory.
    The overall relationship between AMD and Nvidia, on the other hand, settles at a reasonably balanced level if you add up all sales figures.

-> https://www.pcgameshardware.de/Graf...RX-5700-XT-vs-GeForce-RTX-2060-Super-1341435/

Maddness likes this.
  6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Considering most OEM systems are nvidia dominated it's no wonder. Even then a lot of people buy nvidia anyway cause it's "better"

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Maddness likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD's big Navi, NVIDIA killer based on RDNA2 will have 80 CUs, capable of 17.5 TFLOPs of compute at 1700 MHz

The latest from the rumor mill is just in: AMD's flagship 'big Navi' part, probably the RX 5950 XT graphics card, will have 80 CUs.
    This is the GPU that is purported to be an NVIDIA killer and will put AMD back on the map for high-end graphics. Keep in mind this post is as rumor as rumor gets so keep those salt shakers handy! 80 CUs will translate to 5120 Stream Processors if AMD maintains the 64 SP to 1 CU ratio and the architecture is thought to be based on RDNA2.

This particular rumor stems from Chiphell, which has proven to be a whimsical source of information in the post - albeit with a fairly high rate of success.
    We have seen AMD's new Navi family pop on EEC filings so it is clear that the company is preparing to launch a new lineup - and the only question that remains is about the specifications.
    While 80 CUs is something that is very much plausible, it is unclear at this point whether this rumor is authentic.

[​IMG]

A forum post on chiphell alleging the big Navi graphics card will ship with 80 CUs.
    Since the card has more than 40 CUs, it is clear that the architecture in question is RDNA and according to the source, this is RNDA2 - which means native support for hardware based raytracing.
    AMD has already pledged support for this cause and I think we will be seeing this pop up in their next generation of graphics cards.
    Keep in mind we are not sure at this point whether this 80CU card is the RX 5950 or the 5800 or any of the other variants mentioned in the EEC filing but I would hazard a guess that this is indeed the flagship
    (unless AMD wants to revive the trend of dual GPU based graphics cards).

80 CUs translate to 5120 stream processors (assuming the same ratio as GCN) and if AMD is able to run these at a minimum of 1700 MHz, you are looking at an astounding 17.5 TFLOPs of power.
    Considering this is 7nm, AMD should easily be able to hit that (unless they run into TBP constraints) although you are still looking at quite a steep power draw of around 300W (not that any gamer in the high end segment cares about power draw).

[​IMG]

Maddness and MaestroBayten like this.
  9. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    I don't understand the use of the phrase 'Nvidia Killer'. Doesn't make sense.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    We're all on the Hype Train! Just sit back and enjoy the show. The fact that AMD is attempting to play leap frog with NV is a good thing for consumers.

Maddness likes this.

11. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX 480
    Hell yeah, it is.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    nVidia have the Best GPUs at High End for now, that's why.
    No ATI GPU is capable of 2080Ti performance ;)
    If ATI can beat 2080Ti or 3080Ti then we can celebrate, because Prices will come back to normal
    (like in CPUs market, now we have affordable 8/16 at ~300€)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    AMD will be releasing an 'Nvidia Killer' 7nm GPU to beat the 12nm RTX 2080Ti one and a half years later if released in 2H 2020. Meanwhile Nvidia will be releasing their 7nm GPU probably in the same timeframe. Most probably
    tThe GPU killer will be by Nvidia.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Im sure 3080ti will keep that 1300$ price tag or more if they decide they dont have enough money. Yes, the real killer will be by nvidia killing the market, consumers and the competition.

15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    IIt's a free market. If the GPU will be the best and there is demand, they will price it high. If big Navi is equal then they won't be in a position to do that unless there is collusion between AMD and Nvidia.

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    ART -> Asynchronous Ray Tracing
    ACE compute RT :p

17. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX 480
    I'm very interested in how AMD will be incorporating Ray Tracing into RDNA 2.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Hype Train will go full blown when first 3Dmark score leaks out :p
    Imagine the 45k or 50k in FS ;)

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Waiting for my RX 580 to arrive in the mail. Also, I will watch and persuade someone willing to sell a Vega 56...for less then 150€.
    Why all this.?
    Just because I want to own for a few months previous GPU generations and have my way with them. Make my own collection of retrogaming gear and gadgets.
    But without getting our of my budget comfort zone and patiently waiting for revisions, patches and nonsense.
    Big Navi coming... whatever man, by the time I'll afford it, there will be another GPU coming.
    I'm done with spending whatever just because.
    I'll deal in my own "stupid" terms with all hardware purchases.
    And inB4 : you'll loose money and not getting X performance for not having the latest and greatest, I'll remind that everyone is different and also their specific compute needs.
    I have a TON of Steam games which I've bought all those years and never played them.
    Time to get back to square one, enjoy what I have and really appreciate all things.
    Reset and reboot is needed, and I am glad that I finally found WHY lately I couldn't enjoy what I have.
    Because I always on the lookout for the next big thing and never enjoyed what I had in front of me.

serbicu and OnnA like this.