New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  2. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    For me personally, i really want some sort of hardware based Ray Tracing. I have had a taste with the card i currently use, but want ro come back to an AMD GPU. I know that the new Xbox will support it in hardware, so it's a must for me. It's certainly the future and the majority of upcoming games seem to support it.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Yeah, I've heard that NAVI21/23 would be hardware RT capable, so I'm saving my pennies for a flagship NAVI. I'm having a great time with my 3900X + VEGA64, so I'd like to continue an all AMD build/upgrade in the future. In fact, so certain am I that the next GPU upgrade would be the big NAVI, I've ordered an acrylic Radeon RX RGB GPU brace because......well, it's a known fact that RGB simply improve the performance/speed of a GPU, RAM and CPU, it's undeniable!!!:p:D

Jackalito, OnnA and Maddness like this.
  4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    Bought a Gigabyte RX 5700 XT Gaming OC. Hopefully the stated length is correct and will fit.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    I gotta admit, I'm a little frustrated that my Red Devil can't handle Gears 5 and Metro Exodus at full bore @ 3440x1440, I'd have to turn down certain settings to net better framerate, pretty sure my 3900X OC'ed at 4.45Ghz isn't holding me back. Despite what I'd said earlier, I find myself tempted by a Zotac RTX 2080 Ti Amp Ed that had just come into the used market at about 875USD (after conversion). For sure I'd get a NAVI 23 next year but I wanna enjoy my new Ryzen setup even more......now.

6. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    Yeah 3440x1440 is a very nice resoltion, but quite taxing on hardware. I can certainly understand your frustrations.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD’s 7nm+ Zen 3 ‘Ryzen 4000’ CPUs Arrive Before RDNA 2 Based Radeon RX GPUs – Aiming A 2020 Launch Window

While AMD isn’t yet done with their 7nm based Zen 2 or RDNA (1) GPUs, their roadmap confirms that we will get a taste of new designs in 2020.
    AMD’s Zen 2 chip architecture would be replaced with the Zen 3 core while the 1st Generation RDNA architecture would be replaced with the 2nd Generation RDNA architecture.

IMO we will have something in Winter (leaks)
    The Navi2 w/HBM2 & RT will launch in Summer 2020

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    @OnnA OMG, I need/want that card.

I had a Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro+ and it was a damn beast.
    Sapphire are my fav AMD cards. Hence why I bought 2 480 Nitro+ for $200 for both.

Maddness and OnnA like this.
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Go & check the market, 280€ after RX480 rebate is possible :p
    Sell 480 at 80-100€.

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Yea Ill sell those before my Fury X. That thing will never go away. Its a collector type of card for me. Id sell both for $80 USD if I have to. Easier to buy a $440 gpu with $160 already towards it.
    I did pay $550 for the Fury X back in 2016, and I never regretted it either.

OnnA and Undying like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    You guys think its worth getting a reference rx5700non xt for 320€?

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    No, it's not.
    IMhO It's a little overpriced (7nm says hello, not ATI greed)
    Wait for 250-280€ mark for 5700
    or 299-320€ for 5700XT
    or If you can Hunt for Vega 56/64 at 200€ range

We can't forget that Navi (small Navi) is a new Polaris :cool:

Agonist likes this.
  14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Well tbh in current environment I think it's fine. The prices are not going to be that low in a long time. Also getting used 56 / 64 for that low is going to be hard most likely closer to 250-300€ mark. And then it starts to make sense to invest to that 5700.

So if one wants a new gpu let's say this year it's fine paying 320€ I think it's quite good value.

Jackalito and Embra like this.
  15. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700 XT
    I'm super happy with the change from Vega56 to 5700XT. Lower power consumption, lower temperatures and higher performance despite the immature drivers :)

apple020997, Maddness, OnnA and 2 others like this.

16. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Personally I wouldn't get a reference card at any price, the misery of listening to that cooler just isn't worth it.

Or rather, "any"price would have to include the price of a good 3rd party cooling solution as well as the time and effort to install it and still be a very competitive alternative for me to consider it.

YMMV.

Maddness likes this.
  17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    non-xt does use lower power limit. And if one has no desire to bump it up, undervolt can make it reasonably quiet.
    I have modded my card as much as one can w/o going liquid. Good thermals, reasonably quiet.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    I have my reference 5700 xt in my phanteks enthoo luxe 2 case. It's quite silent actually even when stressed. I did undervolt it tho. Still running 2050 clocks.

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Navi 14 and Navi 12 GPUs For Radeon RX Graphics Cards Rumored To Launch in October

AMD is planning to bring big competition in the mainstream and budget segment with their Navi ‘Radeon RX’ GPUs based on a report by PCGamesN.
    The report is based on a recent listing in the Mesa 3D GPU library which has tagged the addition of PCI IDs for two upcoming Navi GPUs, Navi 12 and Navi 14 as ‘trivial and urgent’.

Addition of PCI-IDs Tagged As ‘Trivial and Urgent’

The source reports that AMD’s open-source guru, Marek Olsak, has termed the addition of PCI-IDs for both unreleased Navi GPUs very urgent and if that is to go by anything,
    that means that we will see the support added by the next Mesa update which is version 19.2 which just recently landed.
    It looks like if AMD is planning to drop in support for this specific version then the launch of Radeon RX graphics cards based on the Navi 12 and Navi 14 GPUs may not be that far away.
    And since the new update (version 19.3) doesn’t land till 15th October, it only shows that the new Navi based line would be available before that.

[​IMG]

So while we have an estimated time of launch for the new GPUs, we still don’t have concrete info regarding their specifications.
    The Navi 12 and Navi 14 GPUs have definitely seen their fair share of leaks for both performance and specifications but we couldn’t base anything concrete off of them.

The Polaris 14 GPU has made multiple appearances on the Compubench benchmark database in several different flavors. There are at least three variants which feature 3 GB ‘7340:CF’, 4 GB ‘7340: C1’ and 8 GB ‘7341:00’ VRAM.
    These variants showed different performance metrics with the 3 GB variant falling on-par with the Radeon RX 570 and the other two outpacing the Polaris cards by a slight margin.
    These variants were still very early engineering samples and there is still room for improvement to be seen in the final variants.
    Other specifications include 1536 stream processors with 24 CUs and clock speeds of up to 1900 MHz.

AMD’s CEO, Lisa Su, already hinted at new RDNA 7nm launches in the coming quarters so we should expect to hear more from them soon.

Hans Mosesmann

“Great, And can you give us a sense if you can on 7-nanometer high-end Navi and mobile 7-nanometer CPUs, if you can? Thanks.”

Lisa Su

“Hans, you asked the good product questions, I would say they are coming. You should expect that our execution on those are on track and we have a rich 7-nanometer portfolio beyond the products that we have currently announced in the upcoming quarters.”

via Seeking Alpha

For the Navi 12 GPU, we don’t have many details and we can’t pinpoint whether it is also an entry-tier chip or something that falls between the Navi 14 and Navi 10 GPUs.
    What we do know is that if they are indeed launching in the coming month, we should definitely expect more details soon.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    PS5, Xbox Scarlett won't raise game dev costs, Take-Two CEO says

Next-gen consoles like PlayStation 5 and Project Scarlett will be a boon for Take-Two's developers, and shouldn't skyrocket development costs for key titles.

Right now the entire games industry is gearing up for next-gen. Both the PS5 and Project Scarlett consoles pose interesting opportunities for big gameplay performance gains thanks to significant hardware jumps;
    the systems both sport high-end AMD Zen 2 CPU and Navi GPU tech, complete with built-in superfast PCIe 4.0 SSDs, full backward compatibility support, and a strong emphasis on visuals and frame rate perf.

With these new advancements it stands to reason developers will have to spend more to squeeze out even more performance from the hardware.
    But that's not exactly the case, at least for Take-Two, who's all but confirmed GTA 6 is in the works for next-gen.

The non-substantial cost bump and next-gen's similarity with PC hardware could translate to a shorter development cycle, too.

"We don't really expect material cost changes with the new generation. With every new generation it allows us to do more, developers want to do more, and that can cost a bit more. But our current expectations are not that you'll see a cost spike,"

Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick said at a recent Goldman Sachs entertainment event.

"In terms of the generation itself, we're really excited about the upcoming technology.
    But to be clear, that technology is going to be pretty similar across console and PC formats.
    Anything that allows our developers to be more creative and push the envelop more that's a great thing for us because that's what we're known for.

"I think it creates real opportunity and we don't see it as having any negative influence whatsoever on our business and our catalog."

Check below for more information including confirmed specifications of each system.

Project Scarlett confirmed details:

• Zen 2 CPU
    • Navi GPU 4x as powerful as the Xbox One X's 6TFLOPs of perf
    • Super-fast SSD that can be used as VRAM (likely PCIe 4.0)
    • Supports 8K resolution (likely media playback)
    • 120FPS gaming
    • Can deliver up to 40x more performance than Xbox One in specific use cases
    • Raytracing confirmed
    • Backward compatible with Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One games Compatible with Xbox One accessories

PlayStation 5 confirmed specs:

• Navi GPU Zen 2 CPU
    • Ultra-fast SSD (likely via PCIe 4.0)
    • Support for 4K 120 Hz TVs
    • Ray-tracing enabled
    • 8K graphics support (probably video, not gaming)
    • Plays all PS4 games