New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I can only imagine the price tag.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    4k usd

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    Sony Toys with the Idea of Porting PlayStation-exclusives to PC

Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is opening up to the idea of porting PlayStation-exclusive games to the PC, which is growing in popularity on the backs of titles that play best on this platform, such as Fortnite and Minecraft.
    At the moment, Shawn Layden, who heads SIE, is interested in putting some its first-party titles (developed and published entirely by SIE) on the PC platform. Compared to arch-rival Microsoft, Sony's garden has had taller walls.
    Microsoft has interests in both its Xbox console, and the Windows PC ecosystem, particularly the Microsoft Store, and has shepherded many of its ecosystem partners to co-develop for both platforms.
    Its latest move is the Xbox for PC GamePass, that brings about some coherence between the PC and Xbox.

Sony is gearing up for the next round of the Console Wars against Microsoft, in which its PlayStation 5 console will compete with Microsoft's codenamed "Project Scarlett" console.
    Both consoles will be designed for 4K Ultra HD televisions, with preparation for higher resolutions, such as 8K. Speaking on the development, Layden said "We must support the PlayStation platform — that is nonnegotiable.
    That said, you will see in the future some titles coming out of my collection of studios which may need to lean into a wider installed base."

apple020997 likes this.
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD CEO Lisa Su: "CrossFire Isn't a Significant Focus"

AMD CEO Lisa Su at the Hot Chips conference answered some questions from the attending press.
    One of these regarded AMD's stance on CrossFire and whether or not it remains a focus for the company. Once the poster child for a scalable consumer graphics future, with AMD even going as far as enabling mixed-GPU support (with debatable merits).
    Lisa Su came out and said what we all have been seeing happening in the background: "To be honest, the software is going faster than the hardware, I would say that CrossFire isn't a significant focus".

There isn't anything really new here; we've all seen the consumer GPU trends as of late, with CrossFire barely being deserving of mention (and the NVIDIA camp does the same for their SLI technology, which has been cut from all but the higher-tier graphics cards).
    Support seems to be enabled as more of an afterthought than a "focus", and that's just the way things are.
    It seems that the old, old practice of buying a lower-tier GPU at launch and then buying an additional graphics processor further down the line to leapfrog performance of higher-performance,
    single GPU solutions is going the way of the proverbial dodo - at least until an MCM (Multi-Chip-Module) approach sees the light of day, paired with a hardware syncing solution that does away with the software side of things.
    A true, integrated, software-blind multi-GPU solution comprised of two or more smaller dies than a single monolithic solution seems to be the way to go. We'll see.

6. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Navi 14 GPU Shows Up In Compubench, Features 24 CUs – Entry-Tier Radeon RX To Be On Par With Radeon RX 570

From the looks of it, the Navi 14 GPU that has leaked out is aimed at entry-level Radeon RX cards with a focus on maximizing performance per dollar and efficiency.
    The GPU in question seems to be configured with 24 CUs which rounds up to 1536 stream processors. It is codenamed GFX1012 which is the internal name for the Navi 14 GPU and has the “AMD 7340:CF” device ID.
    The chip is clocked at 1.9 GHz and is coupled with 3 GB of VRAM. There were also the previous entries which reported 8 GB and 4 GB so it looks like the cards will come in different VRAM configurations.

[​IMG]

Jackalito and The_Amazing_X like this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    24 CUs = 12 WGPs. Clock comparable to RX 5700 XT which has 20 WGPs. I say it will be good 15~20% faster than RX-580 in games. It just have limited compute capability.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    1660ti and Vega56 performance for 200$?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I think it will land just under them. (Depending on clock it will boost to = Power limits.)

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    AMD Overtakes NVIDIA In GPU Market Share For The First Time Since Q3 2014 – Jon Peddie Research

The quarterly report from Jon Peddie Research (JPR) is out and turns out it has been a great quarter for AMD with global GPU shipments up by 9.8%.
    NVIDIA’s shipments were flat for the quarter while Intel’s declined by 1.4%. Overall GPU shipments increased 0.6% on a sequential basis but were down 10.4% compared to the year-ago quarter.
    Considering the overall PC market is up for the year, the reason why the dGPU market is down can only be attributed to the crypto-hangover and inventory-overstocking that was plaguing the markets. That said, it looks like things are finally starting to clear up.

PC market increases by 3.07% year over year as AMD overtakes NVIDIA in graphics market share for the first time since Q3 2014, according to Jon Peddie Research

Another interesting tidbit hidden in the charts is that AMD has overtaken NVIDIA in terms of market share.
    This is absolutely great news for the company and something that hasn’t happened for well over 5 years. In fact, the last time AMD was on top was back in the third quarter of 2014.
    While the complete details are hidden behind a paywall, we can see that AMD has overtaken NVIDIA in the total Graphics Market Share chart given in their press release below:

[​IMG]

A total of 76.7 million units were shipped in Q2’19 which decreased by -8.93 million units from the same quarter a year ago indicating the market is negative. on a year-to-year basis.

Quick highlights

• AMD’s overall unit shipments increased 9.85% quarter-to-quarter, Intel’s total shipments decreased -1.44% from last quarter, and Nvidia’s decreased -0.04%.
    • The attach rate of GPUs (includes integrated and discrete GPUs) to PCs for the quarter was 120% which was down -10.38% from last quarter.
    • Discrete GPUs were in 26.95% of PCs,down -1.99% from last quarter.
    • The overall PC market increased 9.25% quarter-to-quarter, and increased 3.07% year-to-year.
    • Desktop graphics add-in boards (AIBs) that use discrete GPUs decreased -16.62% from last quarter.
    • Q2’19 saw a decrease in tablet shipments from last quarter.

It is worth mentioning that the 0.6% increase in the GPU market quarter over quarter is a positive indicator because seasonally, shipments are usually down 2% this quarter.
    The report further mentions that while there is uncertainty in the notebook supply chain there have been a ton of announcements in the same space with improvements in design philosophy and internal specifications. Considering the arrival of Zen and Intel’s brand new 10th generation processors things are expected to heat up again soon enough. As the dGPU becomes stronger and more power-efficient for the mobility platform, the numbers should go up again.

GPUs are usually a leading indicator for the PC market and considering they were down 10.4% might be taken by some as a forewarning.
    Fortunately, however, the demise of the PC market has been greatly exaggerated and the naysayers have been talking about it since quite a few years. Considering the crypto hangover is just about over, I personally believe we are now entering natural organic growth once again. With Intel poised to join the GPU market in 2020 and AMD giving NVIDIA ample reason to compete once again, I have a feeling the next few quarters are going to see quite an influx of GPU shipments as the three major players kick into action.

Another interesting observation is that considering NVIDIA launched SUPER variants during this quarter and their shipments were mostly flat, it would seem the new lineup has not been well received even though it made the company more competitive from a price/perf perspective. Considering Jensen loves being the top dog around, I can only assume that this will give them ample impetus to stop lazing around and start a price/tech war.
    Which is good news for the consumer because that’s when they win.

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  12. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I would truly love it if that graph was discrete GPU sales.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    On other hand, what new AMD's products were available in 2019Q1/Q2? I think that this is due to some deals made on corporate level.
    And intel's much more rapid drop there means CPUs. Which in return means bigger CPU sales for AMD since computer market did not decline.
    In general, it is good for AMD. Neutral for nVidia. And "nobody" cares about intel.

Jackalito and Maddness like this.
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 5700XT Gaming OC
    Confused by XFX. Going by their naming and claims of '90% larger heatsink', the RX 5700XT THICC would be the thickest. Instead it is a '2.7 slot' card compared to the '2.9 slot' of the RAW II with a '50% larger heatsink'.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    ASRock’s Stunning Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi OC Graphics Card Pictured – Triple Fan, Custom PCB & Polychrome RGB

ASRock’s upcoming Radeon RX 5700 XT OC+ graphics card has been unveiled in the latest set of pictures by Videocardz.
    The custom design, featuring the top of the line Taichi design is expected to hit market shelves soon for a little premium over the reference models.

ASRock’s First Triple Fan, Taichi Graphics Card Unveiled – Meet The Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi OC

ASRock was the first manufacturer to announce the custom-designed Radeon RX 5700 graphics cards and now they are further expanding their Radeon RX 5700 series lineup.
    The latest addition to the lineup would be the ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT OC+, a triple-fan, and 2.5 slot design which offers similar aesthetics as ASRock’s Taichi motherboard lineup.

The ASRock Taichi series graphics cards were first spotted by us at Computex 2019 in a prototype state. ASRock showcased three designs back at the Computex floor with two following their new Phantom Gaming style and one model following their Taichi style. The final model looks similar to the concept design along with some cosmetic changes.

First up, ASRock has a dual-tone shroud design which comes in champagne gold and black colors. There are three fans on the shroud, two of which are 100mm and a single fan in the middle which is smaller than the rest. This fan has an acrylic design to make it glow with the RGB LEDs encircling it. The card makes use of ASRock’s Polychrome Sync technology which would operate the RGBs on this card. The card comes ina 2.5 slot design and has an extended PCB to support the custom lay-out. The sides of the card seem to feature a LED display that features the Taichi logo in the middle and monitoring stats on the sides.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi OC seems to get power through dual 8-pin connectors which showcases that the PCB would be pretty decent for overclocking the 7nm Navi 10 GPU. On the back of the card, we can see spot a stunning backplate that has the Taichi logo and the Taichi gear design spread all over. Remember that the concept model had RGBs on the back too but honestly, the new design looks much better and sleek. There are two heatsink blocks underneath the shroud which are interconnected by large heat pipes to dissipate heat from the chip, VRMs and the memory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I care little for looks, but 4x DP + 2x HDMI? That's like one of those Pro cards except this takes more than 1 slot.

Maddness likes this.
  17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Any news on Gigabyte's Aorus cards for the RX 5700? Only the 5700 XT Gaming is for pre-order right now, wich i can get but i'm quiet fond of their Aorus line up. :p
    Other then my RAM and PSU, everything is from Aorus atm and i can't get enough of it lol.

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega XTX LiQuiD
    SAPPHIRE RX 5700 NITRO gets three fans

The teaser only shows a part of the card, but it does tell us that the card is rather long, as the cooler expands beyond the board.
    This is a common design approach to triple-fan cooling solutions.

The board also features dual 8-pin power connectors and something that appears to be an RGB strip going throughout the length of the card.

The RX 5700 NITRO series will be kept in black and silver color scheme, which is more or less,
    the most popular choice among graphics cards manufacturers these days.

The SAPPHIRE NITRO series is expected to launch very soon.
    We will provide an update as soon as more pictures become available.

[​IMG]

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Finally a nitro series lets hope it wont be that much of a premium.

Maddness likes this.
  20. Mugsy

Mugsy Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    Wanted to buy a pulse but i'll either get the thicc2 or the msi mech or wait for msi gaming X... I just can't make myself buy a gpu with only two years warranty when there are gpus with 3 years warranty, considering the over 400 euros price. After my last rx480 died after 2.5 years and if it wouldn't have been for msi's 3 year warranty, i would not have gotten my refund.