1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  2. hemla

hemla Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Still no new info on low-end Navi cards?

3. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

5. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 2080Ti Sli
    You can make fun about it, but It would surprise you if you convert it to $ how much impact this small minority had. Buying two or three flagship models every time/year.
    (Otherwise CF would never existed).

But now Microsoft have handed Multi GPU over to the developer, it's not in AMD hands anymore, and devs have no reason too support it, other then prestige.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Member Guru

GPU:
    rx 480 4g
    I have a rx480 if multi gou was really well suported by this time I will do crossfire, but since multigpu is not suported or is just junk on most game engines I will have to upgrade.

Its sad as I do like multigpu configs

7. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64EKWB 240PP12V
    3Dfx tried to do that, it didn't go too well for them.
    Nvidia is as close as you can get with the FE cards, but they are playing with fire with the AIB vendors.

8. Chess

Chess Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    After reading reviews by Guru3d on the XT, I'm not too sure if it is worth keeping my 1080ti Strix card anymore.
    Almost the same result with 70 watts less power? 11Gb vs 8 Gb vram, yes, but GDDR5x vs GDDR6. I dunno eh.
    Gaming at G-sync 1440p ( I'll take any fps above 100 )

So on Deus ex and Strange Brigade the 1080ti has advantage, but still...

I was planning on SLI'ing this card when 1080ti became cheaper 2nd hand, but the 2080ti pricing messed that idea up pretty good.
    Or... perhaps because the 5700XT performance as almost as good, the 1080ti's will pop up 2nd hand again?

I guess I can wait, yet, Performance per Watt is becoming quite important here ( Belgium has very high taxes on electricity... )

Any insight?

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 5700
    The 1080 Ti's second hand seem still overpriced, at least in Holland.

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Going around 400Euro for 1080ti used here.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Glimps In to the Future™
    by OnnA

Here i will try to foresee the Future o GPUs.
    I will start with Arcturus Navi2 with HBM2 GPU :p

Arcturus will have Navi 2 Cores + HBM2 (or HBM3) VRam at min. of 16GB 4x4GB 1.2TB/s
    It will have 10-15% better IPC than Navi 1. Path Tracing? 90% Yes.
    Most likely it will be larger Chip at min. of 450-500mm2 (Yes 2x Navi 1) at ~264tW
    Price? Up to 699USD

I hope for LC Modello, insta buy :D
    This is what i want for future upgrade.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    pharma, Maddness and Lavcat like this.
  12. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more

You always want something thats allot better. The cheapest I saw used 1080ti was $480. I was blessed.. I wanted just to try the RTX lol.. so sold my 1080ti for more then I paid for the 2080. And now.. I would HAVE to have something like 2080TI or better. Amd does a wonderful job when you have two cards. And 11gb vs 8gb? You would never be able to tell.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Frank Azor, Alienware Co-Founder, Joins AMD as Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions

Frank Azor is the co-founder of, and brains behind many of Alienware's iconic products that established it as one of the top gaming PC brands on both sides of the Dell acquisition, and had been with the marquee for 21 years.
    Azor joined AMD today as the company's Chief Architect of Gaming Solutions. CEO Dr Lisa Su welcomed Azor to her team stating
    "Extremely happy to welcome Azor Frank on his very first day at AMD.
    Frank is a powerhouse in the industry and we are thrilled to have him as our new chief architect of gaming solutions.
    Welcome Frank!!"
    Azor is an end-product (solution) architect, and at AMD he could be the architect of products that combine the company's CPU and GPU IP in ways that haven't been invented yet.

[​IMG]

Embra and Maddness like this.
  14. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    ^Interesting.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    You’re invited to attend the Gaming Garage in Toronto alongside Canada’s favorite gaming broadcasters and most enthusiastic players.
    Compete with the region’s leading eSports personalities and take laps behind the wheel of powerful Radeon™ VII system and Radeon 5700 series.
    Plus, join AMD @ CNE to be among the first to get hands-on experience with brand new, cutting-edge technology.

-> https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/cne-g...-event-en-email&utm_medium=email&utm_term=btn