1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    pharma likes this.
  2. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56
    We need nvidia to release the super series to see the "real" navi prices. They are way higher than they should be.

OnnA likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Naming is not important. It was not planned to release more powerful GPUs this generation, that's why given naming.
    Bigger/2 chiplet configurations would not be originally named as to look they belong to same generation.
    1/2 year delay may have changed plans and therefore naming. But name is just a name.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    How did they actually lie? I would really think 5700 XT is still Polaris replacement. I don't see AMD undercutting Nvidia by hundreds.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    People always have something to say.
    In the end is our attitude that really matters.
    Some are loosing trust to ATI/AMD that's all (some YT)

IMhO they can't match Nv offering right now thus 250mm2 chip at 449€ is slap in customers face (same as nv did).
    But RTX is RT capable H/W right now, ATI have nothing to compete with it.
    So if they priced this acordingly they can gain some market share that's all :p (DOA like some say)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Well considering doing RTX on something like 2060 and 2070 is kind of moot point to begin with. I don't see why AMD even would have wanted such crippling feature on mid range cards at the current time. It's not even full blown ray tracing that they are doing in games now and it just kills the performance.

Evildead666, Embra and Fox2232 like this.
  8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Yup, sad but true.
    2080 and Ti for 1440p/1080p at resonable FPS w/RTX On
    But on 2070/2060 You can always make Great in-Game screens :p

Im more into Radeon, so im waiting for Arcturus HBM3 (or HBM2)
    I just can't stand this nV Win XP panel ;) (it's another brick on my wall)
    I like ATI tech more (even without RTX) but i hope they will deliver sooner that later those DXR Features.
    PS5 have it already :D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  9. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I think the same, the nvidia software is horrible, also I like to mess with stuff and nvidia you cant do anything.
    Just here looking for a cheap vega on ebay lol

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Indeed. The joy of tweaking and tinkering, its fun and it makes your card running faster.

Nvidia is more like plug and play.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    You should get One -> Vega 64 is a beast, and it gets better & better.
    So much untapped Performance in it.

Look at WWZ beneath (that game is taping Out Vega + nCUs (ACE x4))
    Now think about DX11 the H/W is here, that's why it gets #better on a driver basis.

Forza H4 harness only 2xACE :p
    DX12/VLK is here and it will be #bettered even more in the future.

The Power is here !
    13.66 TFLOPS -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-vega-64-liquid-cooling.c2992
    VS
    13.45 TFLOPS -> https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2080-ti.c3305

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Exclusive: Frank Azor Joins AMD As Chief Gaming Officer

[​IMG]

Looks like AMD took a leaf out of Intel’s book and went out on a talent hunt of its own, managing to grab Alienware Co-Founder, Vice President and General Manager, Frank Azor.
    Frank had been with Alienware/Dell for almost 25 years and this is a big score for AMD as the wealth of experience Frank will bring to the table will surely be something the company can make good use of.
    I have also been informed that Frank Azor will be joining as Chief Gaming Officer.

rank Azor, Co-Founder of Alienware, joins AMD as Chief Gaming Officer

My source tells me Frank Azor will be reporting to Sandeep Chennakeshu, EVP of Computing and Graphics Business Group at AMD.

Frank is a well-known force in the gaming community and had recently tweeted and posted the following on his alienwarearena page, announcing his departure from Alienware and Dell.
    While he had talked about the next challenge, he hadn’t revealed any details. Now that we know he will be joining AMD as Chief Gaming Officer, we can’t wait to see what he will be working on.

Family,

As you saw in Ray’s earlier announcement, I’ll be leaving Dell as of July 3 to take on a new challenge.

A little over 21 years ago, I met a couple of lunatics who had an idea they called Alienware. When I met them and learned about the company they were trying to build, I thought to myself,
    “This would be the coolest job ever.” I was right, but none of us ever dreamed the brand would come this far – which is a result of all of you, your hard work and passion.

……………

So, yes, leaving is hard. But I do so with confidence knowing the talent here is the industry’s best and will take this business even farther.

Love,

Frank Azor

[Opinion] While I have only been told of his designation and his direct report, we can infer from the title that Frank Azor will be working in a creative capacity and helping grow AMD’s gaming initiatives across all segments.
    Since he’s the chief gaming officer, this includes the PC category as well as the semi-custom lineup (aka consoles).
    It’s even possible that AMD is thinking of reviving its side projects (anyone remember AMD Project Quantum?) that it used to show off at almost every major launch but failed to gain traction with the industry.
    With Frank’s contacts, he could be responsible for seeing those through in an industry that will almost certainly return his call. [/Opinion]

Frank has mentioned that he will be leaving Dell on the third of July so we should see the official announcement from AMD sometime after that date.
    [This is a developing story and may be updated intermittently.]

apple020997 and Embra like this.
  13. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    Sapphire EEC registrar for Navi GPUs : RX 5950 5900 5850 5800 5750 5700 5650 5600 5550 5500 (XT and non XT)
    [​IMG]

Embra, OnnA, Undying and 1 other person like this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    ^ Seeing RX 5900 XT registered side by side at same time as RX 5700 XT. And that RX 5950 XT...
    Does that mean they are close?

15. Tomatone

Tomatone Member Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 580 8GB
    We may have more information around 2.07.2019 :D

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I want a Rx5800xt. Hopefuly nvidia super will bring prices down.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Good Find :D
    Let us hope for HD4xxx/5xxx Times comeback :p

18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    According to new leaks stumbled upon by Komachi on Twitter, it looks like
    SAPPHIRE is working on a bunch of new Navi-based Radeon RX 5000 series cards including some purported flagship models we haven't heard about yet.
    We're looking at the Radeon RX 5900, RX 5900 XT, RX 5950 and RX 5950 XT as the new high-end Navi-based graphics cards to be excited for -
    - but are they based on Navi 10 or 20?
    That we don't know.

20. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Considering unexpected delay Navi 10 had, chances are that it is Navi 20. Other thing is that while smaller GPU needed to be in "GCN compatible" arrangement (to prevent chance that some games will have lower performance due to low SP count per CU/dual-CU), bigger chips do not need to worry about baseline as they'll have plenty of building blocks anyway.