1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's Part 2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 28, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  2. Goiur

Goiur Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury X
    Ona beat the game and reach the post limit in part one lul

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Reserved no.2

5. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    Acer Introduces New Curved Gaming Monitors The XZ1 Series 1440P, 144Hz, Freesync 48-144Hz (CRU Tweak to 29-150Hz) Packed Under $500

[​IMG]

Acer Launches New XZ271U and XZ321QU Curved Gaming Monitors With FreeSync Support Priced Below $500 and $550 Respectively

The monitors come in two sizes a 27-inch XZ271U and the 31.5-inch XZ321QU, they are both VA panels sporting a 1440P resolution at 16:9, with 250 – 300-nits brightness and a 3000:1 contr4ast ratio.
    It also features a 1 MS MPRT response times all at a lovely 144 Hz refresh rate. Acer boasts that the monitors cover 85% of the NTSC color space, this means that it can reproduce more colors than the sRGB color gamut in total.
    Some other interesting bits is that Acer has held back on its most premium features on this monitor to create a distinction between this and other panels.
    Some of the features it does pack is Acers black boost mode which will adjust brightness of dark scenes in order for you to see your opponents in the dark, which may be something you would use or totally immersion breaking (insert angry Skyrim guy here).
    Secondly they support AMD’s Low Frame Rate capability and has a FreeSync rated range of 48 to 144Hz, which is quite solid. Finally they do list support for HDR10, though the brightness is too low for true HDR so the quality of it is a bit of a question mark.

As for the inputs, on the XZ271U and XZ321QU Acer has also aimed at PC Gamers who also game on Consoles as well, as such it packs an interesting variety of ports. A DisplayPort 1.2, A mini DisplayPort 1.2, as well as two HDMI 2.0 headers.
    The monitors also feature PiP and PbP for two devices, which is unexpected at this pricepoint. Both monitors have dual 7 W Stereo speakers and a headphone jack as well as a 4 port USB 3.0 hub.

-> https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.HX1AA.013
    -> https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.JX1AA.003

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  7. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    "Arcturus, also designated Alpha Boötis, is the brightest star in the constellation of Boötes"

Alpha Booty? :)

OnnA likes this.
  8. Chastity

Chastity Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Trump's 10% Tariff To Affect GPU Pricing for AMD/NVIDIA

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/tru...-to-hit-amd-nvidia-gaming-graphics-cards.html

""PC gamers will likely see increased prices on graphics cards with the implementation of this (10%) tariff, an unfortunate side affect of the continued policies of the Trump administration," Shrout wrote in an email Monday. "This is unfortunate timing for NVIDIA as it was already under pressure for the prices of its new RTX product family, and it is unlikely that it or its partners will simply absorb the added costs of the tariff."

Nvidia's RTX gaming card line was launched last week. Bank of America Merrill Lynch told its clients Monday the Trump tariffs could temporarily raise prices for the company's new RTX cards by 5 percent to 10 percent in the coming months. When contacted by CNBC, several other Wall Street analysts were unaware that the graphics cards would be affected by the tariffs."

I wonder if the price-gouging resellers will raise prices even more? :D

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
  10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    So we have answer to why it was rushed :D
    -> Vega 2 7nm will be an Beast (it make sense)
    Normal Gaming ~35-50% Perf. Uplift but for ~499€ :D

But ATI will put HBM_2 for sure, it's the future (GDDR is good for Polaris based GPUs up to 199€)

-No leaks on my side yet for new Vega 2-

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.

11. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Well that guy from AMD did say new products every year. It was cryptic as to when that would start.
    If there is a new Vega refreshed for gamers at 7nm I would assume that it would be able to clock close to 2GHz aircooled and possible over 2GHz watercooled. That alone should place vega at 1080ti/2080 territory.

What Uarch difference in Vega refresh? I honestly don't think there will be any. I would expect a die shrink with possible Uarch adjustments/fixes that didn't make it for Vega. What ever was original planned for Vega will be in the Vega refresh.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 XTX LiQuiD
    LG Launches a 32-inch 4K Monitor with AMD FreeSync Support & HDR10 at $500

Being able to play at 4K resolutions is a palpable reality that has been consolidated with the launch of the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2000 Series.
    To do so, however, it is necessary to have a monitor with 4K support, and that is where LG Electronics has put its new bet in this area on the table.

The new LG 32UK5500-B is a monitor with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160), HDR10 support, and covers 95% of the DCI-P3 color space (100% sRGB color gamut). Also important, it integrates AMD FreeSync technology to offer a dynamic refresh rate that in this case can hit between 40 and 60 Hz.

This new monitor is based on a 31.5-inch VA panel (178°/178° viewing angles) that is factory-calibrated. The display offers its users a native brightness of 300 nits, a contrast ratio of 3000:1, a response time of 4 ms GtG and a refresh rate of 60 Hz, but there are other features clearly oriented to gamers.One of them is a Black Stabilizer that acts on luminance allows the user to control black contrast in order to have better visibility in dark scenes, for example in games.
    Dynamic Action Sync (DAS) is another technology designed to assist gaming experiences, and it helps to reduce input lag, something specially useful on FPS games.

The monitor includes two HDMI 2.0a ports and a DisplayPort 1.2 input in addition to an audio output, and although we have two 5 W speakers, we won't find USB ports on this display.
    The LG 32UK550-B will be available in Japan on October 11 with an MSRP of ¥55,000 without taxes, which puts its price at about $500. It is expected to be available outside that country at a similar price.

[​IMG]

14. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480 Strix
    Interesting video. If and I mean IF AMD was to bring out a 7nm gaming Vega this year, surely it would have fixed the non working areas of the current Vega cards. So I would expect more than 35% increase in rasterized graphics. Still the speculation of this is nice. Will be interesting to see if AMD would use DDR6 instead of HBM2. Otherwise the costs would likely be around the RTX cards and that's just not going to work for the majority of AMD gamers.

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 (8GB)
    I'm trying to take this thread seriously (a lot of good and valuable information) but it's hard since @OnnA always turn them into a billboard for advertising.

16. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I cannot see the next consoles not having some sort of ray tracing capability. Microsoft will most likely match the next Xbox to the current DirectX spec, and Sony won't be left out.

Whatever it is, it will be 7nm, so there is probably space there for some specialized hardware, although if I have grasped the console guys and AMD in general correctly, they will most likely go for a generalized simd that can do everything reasonably well, and then the developers will choose what kind of effects and rendering type to focus on.

It's not as if nvidia's specialized hardware units are anything unique really, just another approach.

17. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    At 7nm the benefit of HBM for power efficiency over GDD6 becomes diminished.
    If AMD goes back to GDDR6 would be, IMO, because the power savings are no longer needed. There is a video that explains the difference between GDDR and HBM.

GDDR6 vs HBM 2

If I were to guess, and it's just a guess, if all this is true then I would expect the new Polaris cards to use GDDR6.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    OnnA and BetA like this.
  18. user1

user1 Master Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    Thing is I think at least for high end, hbm will remain, it seems like hbm has more potential for bandwidth overall, samsung recently launched aquabolt hbm2 which is rated for 2.4gbps @ 1.2v around ~300gb/s per stack , as your video mentioned, there is talk of 2.8(probably possible "today")and 3.2gbps memory, which would be ~360gb/s and 410gb/s respectively a pretty huge increase in bandwidth while still at a pretty low operating frequency.
    whereas with gddr6 you have the problem of much greater required frequency, inorder to go from (4000mhz quadpumped)256gb/s to 410gb/s on a 128bit interface with gddr6 you have to push >25Gbps per pin which puts you at 6250mhz real frequency ! and at that point no matter how good 7nm is , that will not be power efficient at all (if its even possible)

However like you said, if the polaris refresh is real, it will be some GDDR variant , the lower end of things will remain on typical gddr* since cost is more important.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    OnnA and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  19. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    @ User1
    I think that in order to be relevant in this market it is important for AMD to offer some sort of competition to Nvidia no different then the position AMD has put Intel in. This is were, IMO, it's credible that AMD is going to offer some sort of refresh before year's end.

If we are going to see a Polaris 2.0 it's going to be a fast card. Nvidia still hasn't released their midrange cards as of yet. This is where I could see them using GDDR6 for them.

If things turn out to be true the Polaris chips could be within striking distance of Vega 56!

20. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX480 Strix
    Myself I personally think that is will be the rumored 12nm Polaris refresh. More than likely using DDR5x. That's just the way I see it. A gaming 7nm vega would be awesome, but I think it's a pipe dream for this year. Would love to see AMD prove me wrong though.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.