New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Warlord001

Warlord001 Master Guru

GPU:
    7800gtx
    Its still there

2. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    just for the notice, I'm using fastwrites and sideband with all set of drivers I'm using and always everything is smoth. Same thing here

3. rclenhardt

rclenhardt Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce6800 GT OC 256MB DDR3
    Go to the OpenGL section->compatibility->OpenGL version string override->click on the drop down arrow to 2.0 and voila!

4. plguzman

plguzman Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 4870X2
    I can overclock 10Mhz more than before (380 vs. 370, no lockups so far). Temps remain as always (56-58 idle)

5. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Is it CSS update that has screwed the Stress Test up. Guess I'll have to roll back to 71.84 to see.

For benchmarking these drivers rock.

3DMark05 5579
    3DMark03 12773
    3DMark01 23638
    Aquamark 69688

For real life gaming I don't feel they are any better than 71.84.

6. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Have you tried flashing the Bios? That fixed it for me with my Gainward 6800GT GS.

7. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7900GS 375/507
    Man these are worse Temperature wise than the 71.20s...119C Under load!!

Performance is good, but waaay too much heat...

8. DooGie

DooGie Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Did you uninstall your previous drivers using Driver Cleaner?

If not, try using it and start again.

9. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    ok. These are good performance wise. Temp bug is gone.
    But..............
    God damn it. nview is little screwed. specially dualview.
    Even when you disable dualview the new opening iwindow opens in the 2nd display. The throw option is gone.

10. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Temp bug is indeed gone.

I have some weird corruption when starting Freelancer and in a couple spots of HL2. The second video in Freelancer has corruption on the right side. There's the same corruption in HL2 when viewing some of the videos on TV (e.g. the G-Man appearing when a Vortigaunt charges it). Other than that these are great.

I may try reinstalling them and pulling out Driver Cleaner this time. Haven't used it in a while.

11. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Man,
    Are you really getting your card up to 119 degrees C? Or did you man 119 degreeF? I only ask because 119 C is really high! I am no expert but I would be worried if my card got up that high. What were your temps with 71.20? Hope to hear back from you man, take it easy.

12. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    didn't lower my temps at all..... =(

13. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    NvidiaFreak, I live in Australia and it gets a whole lot hotter over here than New York.
    In the middle of summer it reaches 40C+ and during that time my idle temp. reaches 56C with load temp. 70C maximum.
    So yes, I'd say that your temps are still too high.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    i have to agree. I live in PA thats just south of you....east PA. Sitting right next to the deleware river. Those temps are still too hot. Something is telling me your case is sufficating your card. Maybe not enough airflow not sure. Maybe pictures would do justice so we can help you out with that (pictures of the inside and outside of case) Case dimensions etc. What size fans you use. Because that right there could be a case cooling problem.

I switched cases to a RAIDMAX Samurai XE. I tell ya what my temps dropped fast with this beast. Bigger case with a huge 120mm front temp controled fan...and a 120mm back fan as well. Not including the PSU has a very powerfull fan. My 6800 idles at 43-48C in this case. Max load it hits near 63C.

15. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    I am gonna have to agree with both Darkoz and GhostXL. A temp of around 68C at idle is pretty warm whether you live in NY or California. I suppose it doesn't matter were we live but what we have our thermostat's set on, HaHa. One of the main reasons I think that is to high is because my idle temps average around 41C-48C, your card is idleing 20C degrees higher, something is going on. The reason I even bring this up is to help you to figure out what is going on. Like GhostXL said, there is probably some restriction somewhere in your case. The good news is that your card probably won't burnup at those temps but after weeks, months, and years it can cause premature ware and should be fixed if possible. If you have the time give us a better description of your case layout, cards clock speeds, driver version, etc... We can get your card down to sub-50C easy!

16. Dick_Biggles

Dick_Biggles Active Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 128mb
    Man, I've been waiting for these a while. Thanx

17. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    With these drivers, my card idles at about 58 degrees Celsius. And this is after I removed the stock thermal paste and replaced it with a silver-based thermal grease. Doing that lowered the temperatures by about 5 degrees Celsius. These temperatures, while not great, are sufficient for the airflow in my case. Although, it would be nice to find some sort of online guide to setting up your case for good airflow.

PS: What is the windows keystroke for the degrees sign? (I'm used to using Mac, where it's just option-8)

18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Good luck trying to find the degree key, I've never found one. As far as your card temps, your right, 58C is pretty high, but resonable from what you say about your case. There are probably many guides out there on correct case managment to get decent air flow. I would say just use common sense, some good pointers are:

If possible for you, it is ideal to have fan(s) in front of case sucking air in, and fan(s) in the back of the case sucking air out. Along with that, usually your PSU has sometype of fan that sucks air out of your case and into the air. Lastly if you have a fan(s) on the top of your case, make that one also sucks air from the case out into the air. Some simple things you can do to increase airflow is to clean up the inside of your case if there are wires everywhere, also try to use rounded cables for your IDE cables (The cable connected to your HDD's and CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R,RW, etc.....) All these tips will make a significant difference for airflow through your case. Good Luck!

19. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    alt+0176 should give this sign °

20. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    It depends on your keyboard layout. Here it is ALT+248 that gives the ° sign :)