New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Temp bug gone...

Halo and CS:S run Smoother :D...

Stresstest @ 1280x1024 High, Reflect World, 4xAA - 4XAF

93.43 Fps...

2. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Lets see some Doom3, HL2, Far Cry, and other REAL-WORLD Benchmarks please! Who cares about watching Futuremark movies. I might have a keeper for the first time since the 67.03's

3. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    Well, I've just tried these in UT2004 and RTHDRIBL, and the performance is absolute ****. Yeah, the temp bug is gone, but so are my framerates. I think I'm going back to either 71.84 or 67.03. :bang:

4. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    hey i have a via chipset with my mobo, no probs with these drivers they work well, smooth performance. gotta go run a 3d mark i will report back!

5. Emmortal

Emmortal Guest

No temp bug?
    I can't even OC to just over 400 to get them to drop back down. I'm at 66° Core and 45° Ambient no matter what I do.

Here's while playing some EQ2

[​IMG]

:(

6. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

And with the previous driver? Pretty useless information without a comparable result.

7. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I dont remember them :D...Forgot :p..

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    omg stop with the flamming plz?

9. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Temp Bug Fixed!
    Idle Before: 52C
    Now: 45C

Load Before: 67C-73C
    Now: 60C-65C

I will now run some benchies, I havn't seem many scores for Aquamark so I will do that one. The other thing, is running the HL2 Timedemo a good score to post here for a good reference on actual gameplay? I'll do it once I hear from some members, I wouldn't want to run the wrong bencmark, HaHa! Just kidding, just trying to keep tensions down.

10. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 470 GTX@800/1600/1700
    it looks like it's really hard to make everybody happy. Everybody were bitching nvidia for the temp bug. Now they fixed it (for some reason it don't work for a few people) and people are complaining about performance. First of all this is unnoficial and you don't need to use it if you don't want to, however if you want to then respect the fact that it's just leaked unnoficial driver for christ sake. I'm happy because temp bug is fixed, all games I played so far are kicking fast and IQ is superb. That's all I need.

11. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Yaay... d/l finished... [56k atm] :D Off to restart computer. :p

12. tonvanrijn

tonvanrijn Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460 OC
    Ran DXDIAG and it says: Direct3D not available and AGP acceleleration not available.
    Being not so technical I wonder what this means.
    Is this important ?
    Playing game (IL-2 Forgotten Battles) goes fine.

13. salientype

salientype Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 128mb
    temp bug fixed. that's good. but sorry to report these drivers can't touch 71.84 when it comes to performance. I played doom 3 for 20 mins (1280*1024, vsync) and got stuttering and lock-ups. 71.84 wins another round.

14. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Nicely Put DeathEvil!!!

Well I just tried to install RivaTuner, got a WARNING message because this driver has not been officially tested. Has anyone used RivaTuner yet with this driver to see if it actually works with no major issues or should I just uninstall it and go with CoolBits? Any help or ideas would be greatly apprecited! Thanks guys.

15. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm using those drivers with riva tuner 15.4 I believe.
    It's normal so no worries here, It was the same message with 71.84 when they came firstly.

16. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    OW hey ER ? uhh ? HUH ?....

Riddick works with these Drivers :D...WOPPIE !:p

17. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    Well, honestly, I'd rather have my temps be a little high than get literally HALF the frame rate that I should be getting. There is no excuse for THAT much of a performance drop, even if it does lower the temperatures.

18. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    How do I enable opengl 2.0 with rivaturner?

19. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    Well this is my second post here so far, these drivers are great! Have run most major benchies as well as logging about an hour on HL2 with no problems. The IQ in HL2 is really good, I like it better than 71.84 (I can actually notice the better quality). Once I get off my lazy butt I will post scores and FPS on benchis. Thanks Nvidia!

20. DeathEvil

DeathEvil Master Guru

GPU:
    no offense man but if you are getting half FPS drop then something is wrong with your setup or you didn't properly unninstalled drivers. I already played games like thief3, cc generals, act of war(strongly gpu used) and let me tell you that I didn't noticed any change with any of these games over 71.84 (all games played with 1600:1200).