New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

all drivers are for via chips

what your suffering is pure via hardware

via is always having issues,

2. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    true.... one via hyperion killed my system one time :(

on older comp

3. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Let go you guys some more post here abt TEMP bug stuff...Yeah forget abt VIA stuff cuz i dont own any with VIA :D anyway mine temp now 43 and what is YOURS ??? :D

Peace

4. tytlyf

tytlyf Guest

GPU:
    eVga
    so, if i have a 6600gt that doesn't have a temperature readout on my display control panel, is it worth going to these new drivers from the 76.10? In my Nvidia display control panel, there isn't anything indicating temperature. And i have coolbits as well. Either my card doesn't have a sensor, or maybe some 6600's dont have the temperature addition in the control panel.

5. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

my second system is giving me thrice the issues

my first via board a kt133a was perfect no problems at all

my new kt600 won't run at agp8x, freezes when the ram is set to 400 and it just doesnt feel right

6. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

good thing its only a spare system :p

7. Alexi

Alexi Guest

Even if you have no temperature sensor, I would still install them, to be on the safe side.

I use NVTweak (from guru3d.com), to apply the coolbits function.

"NVTweak unlocks many extra options in the NVIDIA control panel/driver, including but not limited to - Overclocking, AGP & Hardware settings, Fan control, Temperature settings, Debugging, Twin View, Video Mixing Renderer, OpenGL 2.0 support, 3D viewer types (for 3D Stereo drivers), and more."

8. RobWears

RobWears Member

GPU:
    Winfast A400 TDH (Nvidia 6800, 128 MB)
    Just tested these on my system and didn't work, I'm afraid. In common with a lot of people with Via chipsets, these drivers produce a lot of graphics corruption on the desktop (garbled icons, unreadable text etc). Been the same with every 7*.** after 71.24 on my system. Again, on my system it does not matter what you have the AGP set to (ie x4 or x8). People have reported getting 7*.** series to work by force installing older hyperion AGP drivers, but some of them reported that the only way to get these things to work is to put the card in PCI mode (so no real point). I don't have a temp bug..... but then I didn't have a temp bug with any of the other drivers either....

And if its "just" a hardware issue with the via chipset, why does changing to an older driver fix it? And is it too much to ask that nvidia put back whatever was fixing it?

9. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    waahooo,temp bug fixed on my system from core 59c,ambient 42c to core 47c (idle) ambient 34c thats with a 1.4v modded GPU bios(for stable OC):D

10. NINjAPDX

NINjAPDX Member

GPU:
    7950GT
    nice driver. games runs smoother, more points at 3dmark05 and the temp bug is gone.

11. spacefrog

spacefrog Active Member

a note for the serious users:

this are the first nvidia drivers ever that gives 100% support in OpenGL-Corefeatures in all version subsets -
    as OpenGl ExtensionViewer reports

great job nvidia !

12. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Just installed these and my first impression is that they are keepers. Nice IQ and speed but I can't comment on the temp bug as I never suffered from it.

13. salientype

salientype Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 128mb
    Very true. Who gives a rat's arse about an extra 1 fps if you get lock ups and graphical corruption. I want smooth clean operation and compatability. It's about the "butteriness"... lol. wow that was cheesy.

14. dragonlord

dragonlord Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    for people asking about the Via issues...

here is a repeat of my post in this thread, which has been actively following this issue all along

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=128756&perpage=10&pagenumber=10

Latest update: I was able to install the 76.41s on this site today.

Temperature bug is gone for me.
    No 2D display corruption in desktop (first time with nvidia stock driver!).

Note that I am using the manually installed hyperion AGP 4.55 driver and I am testing out raising the AGP voltage from 1.55v (default on my machine) to 1.6v, as recommended elsewhere.

I have not tested with the MS AGP driver or lower voltage and I have not tested many applications yet, but I wasn't having trouble with them under previous scenarios.

And this was after I had success with the DHze0point (sp?) 71.84 drivers, so if it made registry/system changes that are "sticking", it might also have helped the situation.

I will start doing some applications testing and benchmarking.

:}

15. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    you obviously dont get it man

nvidia releases different driver sets for different purposes. You should not be using the drivers optimized for 3dmark05 for your games, if you don't understand that, no one here can help you.

The best driver sets for games and general use are the 71.xx line

the 75.xx are benchmark oriented, and it looks like 76.xx might be a continuation of that.

Stop making "foolish" comments about how ppls are stupid for caring about benchmark performance. No one is forcing you to run 3dmark05, so why are you trying to bring others down?

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Im starting to think seperate threads should be made. One for benchmarks another for Real time gaming. Makes everyone happy and less fighting over useless ****.:mad: While ones comment is foolish to another.....it isnt to the next person.

So i suggest someone make a 3Dmark thread and another for Real Time benching.

17. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Imo 3DMark is more about pretty ( Next-Gen ) Graphics running @ Crappy framerates....

I prefer Time-demo's and Aquamark 3.....In-game ( REAL-TIME ) performance is all i care about.

Owwww Yummy New Forceware to chew on :D.

Installing them noW.

18. Pagoda

Pagoda Active Member

GPU:
    Bfg 6800gt OC
    I don't see why anyone would care if someone chooses to use benchmarks or not. Yes, benchmarks are great to see performance increases within the different drivers, but obviously the games that we play are where the real action is. If you don't like benchmarks, then don't use them and keep your ****** mouth shut about the ones who do. It's just that simple.

I does you no good to pollute a thread because you disagree.

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    And it does no good saying the same thing over and over...its why i suggested making 2 seperate threads for this...to let the crap settle.

20. plguzman

plguzman Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 4870X2
    Temp bug is gone.

3dMark05:

76.10: 4235
    76.41: 4144