New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

This has messed up my TV out, I can't resize the TV display now, its only has HDTV support, no native NTSC support (Video is too big for TV Screen)

2. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    wow... coolio... for the guy with the SLI eVGA 6800's -- I would guess the temp bug could still be seen by cards with different bioses... I know flashing mine made it go away with some drivers, but it was there with others... so perhaps it's just "mostly gone" (thinking of the line in the princess bride when Miracle Max says "your friend is only 'mostly dead'" heh)... I am sure it's tough to chase bugs like that out of all of the cards running all of these different bios versions.

3. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    guys i must say of all the drivers i've tried these are the best i have seen. The iq is noticably better and the speed is evident, i' m not gonna mess around with new drivers for a while.....ok i' m off to drive my ferrari maranello in GTR ...lol

4. goregrinder

goregrinder Active Member

GPU:
    2xMSI NX7800GTX SLi
    didnt say there was probs playin the game,...force 2xAA and watch the introductions,....may be other factors in play in conjunction with forcing 2xAA(other settings,configuration,etc),.... aside from the mere company intro's./..//may not make a difference to some,..but for every yin theres a yang,...just givin a heads up for people who use forced driver settings such as myself

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005

5. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    That line from "The Princess Bride" is funny, its pretty sad but that is one of my favorite movies. Enough of that talk, I'm with you on these drivers! At least for me they have been the best I've ever used, great image quality, noticable speed increase, noticable stability increase for me (As far as clock speed goes anyway), last but not least is for me there are no bugs. It had really sucked there for a little while not having any decent new drivers to use. Before that I was using 71.20 and the newer 71.84. Both were good, but nothing like these. Hey dominant 1, what game is GTR, it's not grand tunismo is it? (I'm a little slow in the gaming department, besides HL2 the last game I bought was URU, the Myst sequil, again pretty sad. Well guys take it easy, talk to you soon.

6. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

this is gtr http://www.10tacle.com/gtr-game/

7. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Gtr is a game that was just released in britain it was out in germany since November. When the international version came out 3/11/05 i ordered a copy from Great Britain. Its a pc only racing sim featuring top of the line graphics, with state of the art physics, the things that can only be mastered on the pc platform. Anyway some the a cars feature the 650 hp ferrari maranello, the 600 hp lister storm, the 800 hp viper , and many others like porches and bmws... and even the saleen s07. You should hear the roar of the engines thru a set of 500 watt logitech z-680 's. This game won't be released in america till summer.... go to
    http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480938/
    and download the gtr 2 demo you will see what i mean.

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    That sounds awesome! I love decent race sims, thanks for the link ChubbyPenguin much appreciated! Can you give me any information on how I could buy the game like you did? If not I suppose I can just wait like everyone else has to. I know just what you mean, I also have the amazing Logictech Z-680, they are by far the best (At least in my opinion). The best racing game I have is Colin McRae Rally 05. The game is decent but the physics kinda suck. Thanks for your link to the demo dominant 1, well talk to you guys later.

9. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Well, the bug does still exist and It's making em go mad. When it comes back it comes back with a vengeance which puts all previous driver bugs to shame. I'm going to have to check out no-nVidia drivers because I can't play a game decently!

10. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    YEA! :cool: Just been messing with the games and its soo much SMOTHER. Wow... Doom3 runs smother in the rough areas. I think Im bottlenecked by my system as it slows down to 35fps when the particles [smoke and stream] comes around... hmm. BUT ya great drivers.

11. _BarrySWE_

_BarrySWE_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 7800GT 256MB
    This driver rock!!!!
    thanx nvidia.

12. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    I have a problem
    after I overlock by NVtweak, the monitor will turn into sleep mode after restart.

13. foofi

foofi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GT 550/1630 VIVO
    - cant start Chronicles of Riddick EFBB (not Demo, is the complete Game!)
    - Painkiller (Patch1.64) corrupted Graphics - Lines and alot of colors.
    - the same Problem in Flight Sim 04
    - Doom3 and FarCry are the only games with Performance boost!!!

sad - rolled back to 71.84 - no Problems

14. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Do you have fastwrites enabled or disabled?? Mine does that and thats the only thing I can attribute it too!!!

It seems to work fine when they are enabled.

15. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    Hi kitch9
    I also know fastwrite maybe cause some problem, try it too. the problem is still there.
    Back to 71.84, everthing work fine.

16. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    I have just figured out that if i set agp aperture to 256mb my pc won't post..... Anybody else having this problem??? Gonna try different drivers.

17. Warlord001

Warlord001 Master Guru

GPU:
    7800gtx
    Your drivers dont kick in until windows starts to load. They cant effect the post. Something other than the drivers is stoping it from posting

18. Chastity

Chastity Guest

Been playing KotOR II and these drivers fixed a flicker/hiccup when starting the playback of the movie clips. Running a BFG 6800GT OC with no problems with fastwrites enabled, and 256M aperture size. Also no problems with Thief 3 and Doom 3.

Roger_D25: There are better rigs than the Logitech Z680 system. Wait until you listen to a reference subwoofer. You will look at the Z680 sub and say to yourself, "what in the world was I thinking?!" Real subs do not sound loud, but are visceral and are felt, and do not sound like one note wonders. One day you'll dabble into components, and never look back.

Chastity
    Moderator/Contributor
    www.3DSoundSurge.com

19. pman6

pman6 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GT SLI 1GB DDR3
    Try the Creative Cambridge Soundworks s700 or s750 with BASH Amplification, it simply sounds and FEELS awesome!

20. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

is www.3DSoundSurge.com still up? I thought that site was gone. Do you have any new reviews, last I checked you only had reviews from 2003