New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    thats where warentee kicks in :)

*for bfg owners

or oem stuff :D

2. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    haha. Im covered. ;)

3. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Me too

4. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    these drivers only brought my idle temps from 51 to 49 my 5600U ran much cooler at 36idle maybe i should get a NV slincer and slap some AS5 on this thing

5. bbvdd2

bbvdd2 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 960 WHITE SLI
    And you think YOUR temps are too high, LOL!

[​IMG]

Actually seems to be a problem with my core being too cold actually. I have a TEC Peltier cooler on the GPU. If I run a bench or play a game and the check the temps they are usually around 17C which is about right.

Freaked me out when I first saw this!

6. StealthBomber

StealthBomber Member Guru

GPU:
    Fully modded X1950GT
    LOL

NV40, the ultimate home central heating system...

7. Pagoda

Pagoda Active Member

GPU:
    Bfg 6800gt OC
    I know that this has bee asked a thousand times already but I'm going to try anyways. I can't seem to get riddick to work even though I am using rivatuner to adjust opengl. I am using rivatuner 2.0 candidate 15.4, but seems to have no effect on bringing the game back up. Is there a work-around or a newer version of rivatuner that I am not aware of. Overall I do like the 76.41 drivers and have noticed a small increase on most of my scores. Any help would be much appreciated.

8. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Guys,
    I have heard that card temps above 75 degree (F or C) can limit that cards lifespan and I have heard members say that temps above 75 (F or C) does no long term damage. Like tarkan2467 said, does anyone have actually know which is true? I would imagine it might be different for different cards so it might be hard to nail down. I am no expert but I would like to get a difinitive answer on this question so we DO KNOW when to get nervous about overheating? I know that many electrical devices have shortened lifespans if they are subjected to increased temperatures, hence the reason we all spend so much money to keep out CPU's, GPU's, Northbridges, etc... to keep them cool. Anyway if anyone has good info on the subject please give us a hand to settle this issue.

9. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
    My temps stay under 67°C under load even with the core @455 and memory @1231. Gotta love those copper HSF untils on the Gainward Golden Sample Ultra's!

10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Hey Blaise,
    I think I had posted a message saying your card temps were to probably to high. Well I had no idea you were running @455/1231, that changes everything. Now I think your temps are actually pretty good! By the way, that is a great clock speed, good job. Is it stable at that speed? Take it easy man, talk to you soon.

11. panZEr gt

panZEr gt Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800gt 433/1200 @ 1.4v AC-nv5 modded
    What happened to the refresh rate overrides?

12. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
    Yup, (I've looped 3DMark05 Pro 8 times to make sure), but I usually drop it back to 440/1220 after playing around with bench mark programs :D As I stated in another thread, the K8N Neo boards have this hidden option in the Cell menu called "NV/ATI Speedup" that was causing me to choke on occasions. Apparently, it dynamically overclocks the GPU when it's under heavy load. Well, I disabled it and haven't choked since (again, thanks macatak for pointing this option out).

To access it (assuming you've got one of this series of boards: Get into the BIOS, highlight the "Advanced Chipset" menu, press Shift+F2 and then Alt+F3. If you get it right (and it might take a few goes), when you go to the "Cell" menu, the hidden option "NV/AIT Speedup" is available. Mine was set to "Auto" and I changed it to "disabled" and all is good now.

13. Garak

Garak Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 280 GTX OC
    these drivers cause failing to resume from standby for me.

Harddrive starts back up, makes a nice electronic warm up sound, clickidiclak,clickidiclak!,, but the video dont come in, just blink blink blink from the monitor and then hit the reset button and XP reminds me that i just experianced a serious error.

14. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    My CS:Source performance is sh!t with these.....fps is normal but i get skipping
    back to the trusty XG 71.84

15. andzo00

andzo00 Member

GPU:
    Xpertvision 7800GTX 82.12
    so far so good
    bit of temp drop but not by much
    benchmarked a bit more than the 75.90

16. goregrinder

goregrinder Active Member

GPU:
    2xMSI NX7800GTX SLi
    anti-aliasing is corrupted in vampire the masquerade:bloodlines with these drivers,(which sux a$$)...other than that not too shabby

17. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti GAMING
    Yes,good job!No temp.bugs!Excelent...

18. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

Older Via drivers don't cause the lockups becoz using older via drivers on newer chipsets forces the video card back into PCI mode

if the card is causing corruption at 4x as well as 8x try upping the agp voltage a bit

alot of ati users have noticed this has fixed thier problems on the kt600s as well as kt880s and kt800's

19. Arklight

Arklight Member

GPU:
    BFG 7800GTX OC
    Good tip. But if you are oc'ing your processor, upping the AGP voltage could ruin your stability.

:)

20. Boruna

Boruna Guest

I have no problems playing the game and nothing is corrupted.