New unofficial 76.41

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Supremeboy, Mar 25, 2005.

1. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    here's some benchmark comparisons:

3DMark01SE: 16874
    3DMark03: 8250
    3DMark05: 3667

havent got results from other drivers so this is it....

2. Ayune

Ayune Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256mb (AGP)
    I had a stuttering problems when I play UT2004 with 76.41. Go back to 71.20.

3. badbuck

badbuck Member Guru

GPU:
    2X EVGA 1080 HY IN SLI
    these drivers do not work well in sli

4. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    These things are smoking in Benchmark tests. I scored 6215 in 3dmark05 on a lower OC then normal. I had to reduce system OC waiting on new memory to arive. I'll give 3dmark03 a test and see how it does.

5. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Ok, that temperature's a sign that something is amiss with your cooling bigtime. You need to check your heatsink fitting; it's probably not making good contact with the core.

There are a lot of people who get overly worried about temperatures, though. Load temperatures into the 80s or even low 90s once in a while isn't harmful; not good once you're reaching the 90s but not hot enough to hurt anything. eVGA themselves says their 6800 GT and Ultra cards can take 100C without problems, even though it's not good for them. Lots of people in here will start sweating profusely if their card hits 70, which is just short of laughable.

60c is about as high as it should go during idle; if you're reaching the upper 60s during idle you might want to consider third-party cooling.

6. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    In Love wit these drivers! Wow. Smoother gameplay, less stuttering and havent noticed a drop in IQ [in the games Ive tried: Doom 3, NFS U, CoD...] Reccommend these 4 a try @ least. ;)

7. Kanerix

Kanerix Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512MB
    I have a RAIDMAX case without a top fan. However, which way should the side fan be blowing? In or out? I have one 80mm fan in the front, two 80mm fans on the back, one 80mm fan on the side, and the PSU has two 80mm fans blowing outwards. I'm already using rounded IDE cables, but I just have so much **** in my case that the airflow still sucks. :-/

8. Metalschmitz

Metalschmitz Banned

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 640MB XXX
    Fine Drivers!
    I also noticed a much improved smoothness in the drivers, the peak times are not that extreme in these.
    Temp is very fine I think. It idles at normal 53 degree. Really seems as if temp bug gone.
    No other GFX corruption appeared so far for me, played:

C&C (also Zero Hour)
    Panzers Phase 1
    Call of Duty (also United Offensive)
    Lord of the Rings - Battle for Middleearth
    Act of War
    Spellforce
    HL2
    CS:S
    Halo
    Mafia
    Doom 3
    Painkiller (also Battle out of Hell)
    UT2K4

All without any probs.

:D Gee, finally a driver which has no bugs for me up to now. Also don't recognize sth. like 120 degree on full load.
    (You really should check airflow......)

9. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    Mmmm, my gf fx 5950 temp is now 50 degrees, normally 44-45, is it possible to have the temp bug with the fx cards?

10. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
    Nope, No good for me, They bring back the same throttle bug that the 71.84' I had.

Throttle bug - Games pause for a few secs then resume.

11. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    fantastic drivers... not only I don't have the temp bug, but my idle temps are reduced by 10 degrees! wow!
    IQ seems to be better. at least in Thief3 that I'm playing.
    wonderful drivers...

12. hoppergrass

hoppergrass New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X1600 Pro 256MB
    Anyone running these drivers with a FX5900 card? Everthing is smooth and fine until I reboot or restart from a shut down. I get consistant Blue Screens of Death. Once I reboot in Safe Mode, and Uninstall all 70.** and above drivers, I can then boot in Normal Mode. The 61.77 still seems to be the best stable and fast drivers for my MSI FX5900XT VTD128 card.

13. foofi

foofi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900 GT 550/1630 VIVO
    with 76.41 i cant Start "Chronicles of Riddick EFBB"

WinXP says that i need a Graphic Driver with OpenGL 1.3 or Higher support!

what can i do? plz help!

14. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

Demo version Chronicles of Riddick EFBB works perfect on 76.41 drivers.

PS.without Riva Tuner trick

15. JonathanD

JonathanD Guest

not good advice, there are various technical articles online that explain how the lifetime of the gpu will degrade when running over 75 degrees (the higher the temp the shorter the life) If you have a really good card that is likely to last for years then this becomes a factor, especially if you intend to overclock at some point.

16. gamer-888

gamer-888 Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek G-force 6600GT
  17. Outlaw

Outlaw Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800 GTX OC, 22" LCD

I agree with you Solidsnake. The 76.41 are the best drivers yet for my 6800GT OC. Temp bug gone! In fact, my card now runs a little cooler in 2d mode as apposed to past drivers. My games look even sharper and run just as fast as the 71.84. Also, I was getting graphic corruption and the loss of shaders with the 71.84 drivers in some games which is fixed now. All smiles here.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  18. McLan

McLan Member Guru

GPU:
    (G92)8800GTS 512M
    I wonder to know if you use PCI latency tool, I got same problem when I use it and set N card latency from 248 to 64. Delete it, everything work fine now.

19. virgilr

virgilr Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb
    AAck- still have temp issues! Albatron 6800, bios mod to 1.4v, 12p/6v (artifacts like crazy w/ the other quad unlocked- but that has always been this way). Yes, ran drivercleaner, etc- good, clean driver install. Have to overclock 2d to 350 to avoid high idle temps- 3d o/c'd to 380 780, reach around 70 max during heavy gaming.
    Have a feeling it's the bios mod that's affecting me, but won't assume anything!

20. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    How about pointing to some of these articles?

You're not going to see any dramatic change in terms of lifespan at 75 degrees. Keep in mind that lots of the 6800GTs hit mid-80s at load directly from the factory, without heatsink tampering or overclocking, and it is considered perfectly normal.