New Ubisoft DRM requires internet ALL the time

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think your trolling, you just don't know what your talking about.
    Your example is completely off, have you actually read what the DRM will involve??

Even the below example is nowhere near the extreme this will be, as the below would also benefit the buyer, but its the first thing that came into my head.
    Its like buying a BMW that comes with a GPS tracker that kills the engine when it loses connection with their servers, it may be an anti-theft thing, but it will ruin the experience for the buyer.

This isn't about not liking the DRM, and using that as an excuse to pirate it.
    The DRM will make the game impossible to finish if you have unstable net, and unplayable if you have no or limited net access, at least with Bioshock and GTAIV you could of used your cellphone as a modem and activated it, with this unless you need a 24/7 broadband connection to even play it
    Thats the worst special feature i've ever saw, its like buying a BluRay and the movie not playing unless you have it player hooked up to the net, it won't have any effect on Pirated versions and will only inconvenience or totally ruin it for legitimate customers.
    Do you own a BluRay player, would you be happy if your favourite movie had that feature?

I'm still going to buy it, but i will have a crack on hand if it starts its sh1te.
    How about people pirate it, and donate the money to the Haiti fund?

2. _Rnesto

_Rnesto Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 320MB
    damn! for off-line gamers this must be shocking. including me 'cuz this PC am here right now its just for surfing. anyway, AC1 wasn't that great, AC2 can be worst in any way.

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    - Released 4 months after the consoles
    - DX9 only, no PC improvements other than higher resolutions
    - One of the worst implementations of DRM ever.
    - Only the black version is available initially and its a whopping 91Euro on play.com( which is usually one of the chaepest places to get games )

Er, am i missing something? i read that as port shovelware milking a franchise because sales are saturated in the console market with DRM that would drive me insane because my net can drop easily.

Pass

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    No offence, actually take offence. The whole reason why we have these DRM issues/ limited instalations today is because of all the idiots that stole game software for years before DRM was even implemented. So blame yourselfs!! If you guys were not such thiefs none of this crap would even be a problem today!

I have been PC gaming since Quake2 1996/97 and I have NEVER stole a PC game ever. I would always tell people to buy the game software because it supports the PC gaming industry. I have no sympathy hearing the crying today because software makers are trying to protect there work and make the proper profit from it. So...STFU guys really....

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The higher resolutions, 60fps and higher AA and AF levels make more difference than simply having some DX10/11 features anyway.

I also think we get both DLC packs included for free though.

Is this one not available in Ireland?
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9606606/Assassin-Creed-II/Product.html

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    you should work for the record industry

7. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    That teenager killed his mother after playing Counter Strike! I always told you guys not to murder, then some of you go and do it anyway! I don't care about you all being under house arrest, so STFU guys really

If some people do a crime, it is not appropriate to lash out at the whole population

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    My bad, youre right it is, i just did a search on their homepage and it only returns PS3/360 version and the Clack version for PC + some book.

I thought the DLC was only with the black version?

DX10.1 in the first one had a huge performance increase over DX9/10 when AA was enable, my point really was that they didnt do anything extra, but i guess AA has become so rare recently with all the Unreal 3 games and GTAIV etc.

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    maleficarus™, so everyone on this forum has is a pirate? Get your head out your ass, unless you have proof or someone admits it, you shouldn't be directly accusing or blaming anyone on here.

How about joining the Steam group to see how many games those people buy, or own at the moment.
    You can't hold one section of users on a forum accountable for the millions of copies of games that are stolen.

lmimmfn, they said they have been concentrating more on optimising the game for multi-core CPU's rather than adding new DX features, and as far as i know the DLC is in all versions.
    http://www.incgamers.com/News/20663/assassins-creed-ii-pc-to-include-dlc

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    ^^ This

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    well fair enough if thats the case but lets see the benchies first :)

At the end of the day though this would be completely unusable as a game for me, i went through this with Lost Planet( which was fine after they removed it with a patch ) and will never ever buy a game with similar limitations in the future as my net isint stable enough and i like to have fun not get stressed :)

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    They remove the limitations, and they got a buyer... hell maybe even a preorder. Until then, my money will go to something not so limited.

It's seriously like sticking a piece of candy at the bottom of a jar full of barbwire and salt.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i would have put it as a hot chick bringing you home and giving you a condom with chilli's in it.

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You will have no problem with it with your system considering the 360version is very stable, as was the original on the PC.

It's a decent game if you can get it cheap, i started it on the 360, but want to finish it with better visuals, i hate this DRM, but i don't want to do the whole, "i'll just pirate it" thing, so i will just get the crack for it.
    And i have no doubt there will be one.

15. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I sure hope everyone here downloads this game.

Yes it's not nice, but not buying the game and contributing to massive piracy statistics is the only way this doesn't happen again in the future.

Oh, and rape the official forums.

16. doh_nut

doh_nut Member

GPU:
    2 x GA GTX460 OC SLI
    This is RUBBISH!!!!! i hate the fact that you need to activate over the internet, be connected to the internet, etc just to play a game.....!!!!!! What happened to the good ole days when you just installed a game and played... No Stuffing around trying to activate or anything....

Get rid of these stupid requirements, i agree all the way with this one!!! Its stupid, there is no need for them... Get rid of them, thank goodness they removed the activation count for Bioshock, now if only other developers can do the same thing and remove activation all together...!!!!!

17. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    We should hire 4chan to spam the forums lol.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Nah i know i wouldnt have an issue with it, i basically just mean that its not taking the 360 code and setting the target as PC and testing with a few different configs. If its more optimised so that those with older rigs can play it then thats great.

Ill get the first if its on steam for under 5Euro, otherwise i wont though, never played the first, gfx looked great, the gameplay put me off though.

Im not going to do the ill pirate it thing, im not into that, but i will not buy it and will not support any company implementing DRM like this, they could have done the EA thing and provide unlocks via codes from the retail game. Im stubborn like that lol, if all PC games had DRM like that i would simply stop gaming completely, i wouldnt game on console either because thats what the industry would prefer, less platforms = more $$$, i want to play games on my choice of platform and want them hassle free as theyre supposed to be entertaining, unlike GTA IV which all of a sudden stopped and i spent just under an hour trying to fix it without a reinstall, gave up and cracked it.

Its DRM a step too far imo

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I totally agree, the Xbox 360 version of CoD MW2, definately wasn't available to pirate two weeks before release unlike the PC version....

Seriously though have to be online to play single player, they can piss right off.

20. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    [​IMG]

A man pirates... a slave follows DRM.

In seriousness though, I've never pirated a game in my life.