New SONY patent for ADs breaking our games

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by ])rStrangelove, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
  2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Spread the word. Pirate every ****ing thing Sony has to offer, and lets put the ****s out of business.

So sick of these company's constantly giving us the middle finger, we don't deserve it! We made them their billions of dollars.

I have always been a fan of Sony because many of their products are quality, but I'm doing my best to boycott them from here on out.

WOOF.

3. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    Surely this will be just in Free 2 Play games such as their DC Universe and various other MMO's.

I can't honestly see Ad's appearing in your Uncharteds & Killzones.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    We already have a thread about this, and the same things were said in there.

Some jumped to conclusions and assumed this was to be in future games you have paid for, while others said the logical use would be in F2P games.

This could be a good thing for poorer people, either pay for a full priced add free game, or have the option of a cheaper, or even free version that is paid for by your own inconvenience.

Ad driven F2P games enables companies to gain customers who previously wouldn’t be able to afford their products.

5. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Well said. Thanks for bringing this back to reality.

6. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    yeh no-one will pay much for a game that did this