New Soltek MB Does not boot??

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by mstokes, Aug 21, 2003.

1. mstokes

mstokes Guest

Just acquired a new Soltek MB and Athlon XP 2800+ (barton).

After carefully installing all components, I get no screen image. As if there is no signal from the video card. Upgraded the Power supply to ATX V2.03 compliant w/430 W total thinking that was the problem and it still doesn't work.
    I'm sure it's not the card because I reinstalled it into another system and the card works fine.
    I can hear the HDD start but no screen image and there is no POST.

Any ideas about where to start?
    Soltek's support isn't real great.

2. Stang289

Stang289 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 Crossfire
    make sure your cpu is in tightly and your ram is secure also check your cpu for burnmarks(it could be fried, my friend had that problem)

3. Psychosematic

Psychosematic Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX 570 @ 800/1600/2000
    My Soltek nForce2 Ultra 400 requires an additional 12v connector from the PSU just like a P4 board... did you forget this extra plug?

4. mstokes

mstokes Guest

Bought a new power supply that has the 12V connector. Reseated DIMM and CPU- still no video signal, no POST, can't even get to the bios. I have reset the CMOS and changed the jumper for the CPU clock to default position (100/133) thinking that maybe that might be the problem and still no result.

Any more ideas short of returning the board to Newegg?

5. Four5acp

Four5acp Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Nvidia 6800 GT OC 256 MB
    I know this post is old but I just wanted to say thanks, Pyscho I had identical prob and it was because I forgot the second power 12v.

Guru3d rocks!