New Razer Barracuda Headset Line Up

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 31, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer announced the new Barracuda and Barracuda Pro, along with a refresh of the existing Barracuda X. The new family of street-styled gaming headset comes packed with cutting edge technologies to bri...

New Razer Barracuda Headset Line Up

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    with built in 7200rpm seagate hard drive

3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    you could buy such better stereo headset for that prices... All those THX and virtual crap are just bullcrap to rise the prices. BT audio and gaming? Bruh the latency, no thank you :\

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    they all use 2.4GHz wireless for connecting to a PC. The BT is mainly for connecting to a phone, so you can answer a call whilst still playing a game.

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Or you can just pause the game or reject the call :V

While I can understand wireless headeset, I don't understand why all this bloated crap is still around up to 250-300 bucks (even more in Europe with VAT). 250-300+ bucks you can get really good stereo headsets that smashes any "gamer" headset... Or high tier travel headsets....If you really want a virtual surround because your favorite game has a crap-audio there are many equal or better EQs around, from audio card to things like APO+ Peace EQs.
    I mean, anything "gaming" headeset above 100-150 bucks is just a waste of money :V

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    Oh no bro I agree, there are far better options. I thought you missed that it also has 2.4GHz wireless.

7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Razer is a perfect example of - good marketing, bad product.

8. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    Again - these look so similar to Sony WH-1000XM 3/4

Yet, I like their keyboards, and some mice are pretty decent too. Razer entry-level headsets are quite good too compared to the cost.

The price of the flagship ones is steep. I haven't tested them, but I doubt they'd beat my current AKG K712 / external mic combo.
    Having a wireless setup is useful. My brother's Logitech Pro X Wireless has good features and reasonable sound quality, mic... but they break so bad and that's not a rare case. The design from the durability standpoint is abysmal. One can't defend their choices.