New Rainbow Six Siege Operators Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft shows the two newest operators for Rainbow Six: Siege during the livestream of the Rainbow Six Invitational tournament. The new characters, Lion and Finka, will be released as part of the game...

New Rainbow Six Siege Operators Detailed

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Have not played for some year. After login I found prices of operators from 1st and 2nd new seasons as quite high.
    IIRC 18000 game coins per one. Original unlocks were small fraction of that.

And already 3rd DLC operators pack. Unfortunately for UBI, I liked most of original operators and so I have most of them unlocked.
    But in each of new packs, I liked only 2. And so I am not going to buy all with real money. Instead I'll unlock them for in game currency.

So, I wonder how many I'll like from this pack after close examination. But i have feeling that I'll continue playing mostly IQ as attacker and DOC as defender.

3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Sledge & Kapcan
    Hibana & Caveira
    Theremite & Rook

Those my favorite Operators :p

4. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Glad to see one of Ubisoft's cashcow is still going strong.

5. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i have to say, im not a huge fan of the more imaginative gadgetry theyve introduced. gopro that magically tracks footprints was far fetched enough. nanobot adrenaline shots on a trigger that heal your entire team? to top it off, a drone that xray wallhacks moving enemies with real-time updates?

tbh docs stim pistol & pulses heartbeat sensor are as far as i can suspend disbelief before it begins getting absurd. dont get me wrong - i love this game, have a season pass, etc...but i didnt buy it for scifi bullshit

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @Fox2232
    Eu or US?
    Pvp or hunt?

Add me if you want (mainly hunt, after ubi decided to reset ranks every quarter), on around 9/10 to 1 (am) east coast.

Muppets_Waldorf

7. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    They've done it because theres a growing problem of window peaking and spawn kills. Heres an example of it happening to me last night
    Lion will help combat this, it's actually a good move and highly needed.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's not a problem. If they did not want it there, Map design should have had properly covered start locations.

9. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    peeking

spawn kills on plane & bank were a problem, so they moved the spawns. if you dont enjoy being shot to pieces approaching a completely fortified building, then tactically coordinate with your team along the alternate routes that provide cover.

we already have doc, but now we get super nanobots that can pick up your entire team from DBNO remotely. is this black ops III now? are we 100 years in the future? furthermore providing an ~~~xray~~~ drone that gives real-time movement information thats somehow projected onto each teammates eyeballs with no eyewear isnt even scifi at this point - its magic. fantasy. which leads me to the root of my objection to all this stuff in the first place...

theyre not turning a "prototype gadgetry" realism game into scifi bullshit on purpose; not exactly. they are taking shortcuts trying to make the game more accessible. thats it. its not complicated, thats all it is. the more popular something becomes, the larger the casual contingent of the fanbase becomes (this is true for all things, not just gaming). its incredibly tense, low TTK, with nonbinary engagements...& let me tell you - slow & unforgiving is not wat casual gamers are accustomed to.

again, this is coming from a huge fan of the game. i own season pass, put countless hours into comp, & would like nothing more than to see this game continue to succeed - for wat it aspired to be initially. not as a CoD-tinged clusterfuck of MOBA/overwatch style "hero powers".

fry178 likes this.