NEW Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by isidore, Apr 29, 2008.

1. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    the visuals remind me of the spiderman animated series on mtv a few years back. I think it looks great. I can't wait to get it..too many games already atm...have to wait until January.

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    That was really nice! btw i received my copy this morning :D

most beautiful game ever? i'm impressed not just the graphics but also the general presentation oozes of quality, ease of controls, the game feels closest to the original PoP in style which is great, i like the female A.I she don't get in the way and quite useful, good choice by Ubisoft to include her.

incredible performance too, 1440x900 8X AA maxed out settings fps rarely dips below 50fps and it's constantly at 59-60fps, butter smooth.

best PoP since the original. score 9/10

Ubisoft must've f***d up or something, a great game with no protection? NO WAY :funny:

[​IMG]

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    year did you update to 8.12 yet ? i advise to do so. or else you will have glowing characters :) i love the game, its damn hard though lol, running .. well climbing and running .. in circles all the time haha :)

4. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    of course i did, updated to 8.12 as soon as the drivers appeared on the guru3d main page, best drivers to date for me.

game is not too hard lol i'm just having a bit of a problem getting used to the combat, i press Space expecting the Prince to jump and he does something else, in other words i haven't really managed (yet) to fight the way i want, i just tap the left-button mouse and use the hand in combat lol

one thing that makes me laugh everytime is when the prince is saved by the princess, for example when he falls down the mountain or something he says "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.........PRINCEEEEEEEEEESSSS" hahahaha the way he says it is very funny. :D

i think the princess is kinda like the "time rewind" feature in SoT.

btw wtf are the "light seeds?" says it's needed and i got 25/60 not sure why i need them though. lol

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    year , you gotta use a controller man, it is THE way to play. :)
    the lights i dunno about, i have a feeling im lost lol :)

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Perhaps... I tried playing with pad some time and man it was hard. Tried kb + mouse and everything was much easier :)
    I had about no control to Prince when used pad. Everything just was imba.

I got Xbox360 Wireless gamepad.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

i use logitech dual action
    i got left joystick for movement, and the right one for camera, just like all action games on the consoles. it works really great. you can still configure controls if you want. have you tried that ?
    personally i hate to play these games with keyboard and mouse, i only play games with keyboard and mouse like fps, or rpg.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm going to play PoP with this :grin: (fail)

[​IMG]

lol actually i haven't tried with my xbox360 gamepad, gonna give it a try and report back in a bit. :eyebrows:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Havent tried that yet. I like to play some games with pad and surprised that it was so hard.

I got same controls as you have but... I think I need to play around with sensivity etc settings.

10. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Played that game at my buddy's house on his PS3. He was so happy I had convinced him to switch his receiver on (he felt lazy and wanted to play it with just the crappy TV speakers) so that we could benefit from surround sound to build up the atmosphere.

Gotta say Ubisoft did a great job on this one. It feels familiar yet there are so many new things it's much, much more interesting to play the game after having finished PoP - TTT rather than playing the latter after having beaten PoP - WW.

Besides, it's the first time I enjoy playing PoP in French (comparing to the three PoP games right before PoP IV): the Prince's voice sounds good for once. It might be worse or different than the original voice (I have only played the game in French so far), but at least I wasn't irritated by it, which is rare enough in French translation to be noticed.

11. Cliff Bleszinsk

Cliff Bleszinsk Member

GPU:
    Gears of War 2
    I wouldn't listen to to any reviews by Year, as he seems to like every game ever made.

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    haha i'm starting to sound like the opposite of JustDuck who seemed to hate every game [​IMG]

Games are not inherently bad per se, its the constant whining of people about their own problems and negative opinions that might makes good games bad because after some time it gets to you, repeated enough your brain registers the messages, as for me i learned to just ignore those which is why i seem to enjoy most games besides graphics are usually the least of my worries.

however if a game "really" deserves to be criticized or even bashed i'll do it without hesitation, GTA4 was a prime example that even Whitelightning couldn't help but notice and was surprised (wow Year is bashing a game), although it was more of a rant toward Rockstar who delivered a pretty buggy and unpolished game plus the lame attitude and crappy protection, the game however is a blast to play if you can look past those things which is something a few people are unable to, i don't really see a light at the end of the tunnel for GTA4 more like a limbo.

that's all really. ;)

want a PoP criticism? it's not a game you want to play for more than 2 hours at a time, game could get boring, play it in short bursts.

EDIT: tried PoP with 360 gamepad, i seem to pull off the combat combos better but seem harder to run walls at times, i'll stick to the gamepad though, much more fun.

13. Djoums

Djoums Active Member

GPU:
    Great game but way too short unfortunately :(
    There may be some memory leak with the game also, after ~2 hours running my fps drops considerably.

14. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    OMG can't play it, screen flickers white after loading up a new game then starts doin some crazy psychedelic crap on me :bang:

Menu looks nice tho =P

EDIT: Problem solved, needed the new drivers, game is very good, runs smooth looks stunning, and nice gameplay.

No drm is a plus, think they finally realised is does bugger all to stop piracy, just pisses of customers =D

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    read that Cliff? most people agree this game is great, which is what i said in my mini-review too, it's not like i'm praising a bad game here eh. :p

16. Syvere

Syvere Member

GPU:
    AMD 6970 2GB Crossfire
    I'm on the fence between this and Sacred 2. Got money only for one and no, I don't pirate games. Which one do you think is better in your opinion? I'm pretty concerned with the fact that PoP is supposed to be only 10 hours long...

17. anthonyda

anthonyda Member

GPU:
    470 GTX SOX
    Sacred too should take more than 10h-15h to be finished imo ;)

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    There are also people who dont like games nowadays at all, and give criticism without ever playing it or playing it before any new patches or new video drivers are out (unfortunately this happens quite allot lately).
    just give it time people, it will all work out in the end.
    hell i wonder how many people still play 10 year old games. i know i still do.

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Max Payne was just as short and that did not stop it from being one of the greatest games of all time, do not judge games by how many hours.

10 hours of fun, beats 20 hours of utter boredom. (just a thought).

you'll miss on one if you buy the other lol but if you want to sit longer on your pc i recommend Sacred 2 even though POP is a blast.

edit: both are very different games so go with whichever genre you prefer.

20. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    This game is a must buy :look: