New P4 User Questions...

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Monolyth, May 7, 2003.

1. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
    AMD processors don't run hotter then P4... I've check it out on the white papers. Intel makes it complicated by not posting the max thermal power, but they do for the xeons, which are the same anyway.

http://www.computernerd.com/inteltdp-2.html

The only time there was a discrepency was when the P4 went .13 micron, and AMD was still at .18. If P4s run cooler at all, it must have something to do with the size of the die. Also, the P4's bracket encourages larger coolers... the stock AMD cooler is still 60 mm.

The 2.4 GHz has a max of 75 watts, and the 2400+ has a max of 68 watts. A 3.06 GHz does 100 watts max!

Last edited: May 9, 2003
  2. STAB

STAB Master Guru

GPU:
    4850 Vapor-X Sapphire
    thank you all for the replies.

as far as the memory goes Monolyth i will go for twinmos pc3700 memory. Zalman is high on my list, and Arctic Silver III is only 4 pounds. Now i only have to decide weather i will go for abit or asus. here are the contenters:
    P4C800 Deluxe

IC7 --- IC7-G Max-2 Advance ------- IS7-G "Springdale"

but i cant see the difference between springdale and MAX-2.

I guess i will wait for a test between those 2 boards unless some1 else has any other info that might comein usefull.

Also i Forgot to add that i am going for an Antec PSU(Antec TruePower 430W PSU )

That is all i guess. Thank you for your time
    regards
    STAB

3. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 24GB
    Don't forget MSI, their Canterwood board is s'posed to be pretty on-par with most of the others. I chose Asus, cause of the name and they rarely make a bad board. Of course Asus always comes at a premium, but you get what you pay for.

Also I know everyone gonna say their "Antec's" haven't given them any problems, but I used an Antec 430Watt about 5 months ago for ohhh about a month. It failed and took a hard drive with it :mad: :mad: :mad: Along with a buncha my MP3z, grrrr!

Anyway, I recommend Enermax over Antec, Antec is a great case company, but after my experience, I'm not going to buy their PSU's anymore. Just my opinion. :)

Have fun with that Twinmos hehehe :)

4. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    The Max-2 is canterwood, which has "PAT", which can give you a slight memory performance boost, I believe. Canterwood chipsets may be better overclockers too, possibly, since its the premium chipset.

5. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 24GB
    The P4C800 is canterwood too...just making were all on the same page ;)

6. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Yeah, I was just saying the difference between the two Abit models he listed...

7. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 FTW3 24GB
    Oh Doh, he had them on the same line, my bad...

wow look at this topic grow....YESSS, YESSS!!!!

8. STAB

STAB Master Guru

GPU:
    4850 Vapor-X Sapphire
    thank you for your replies again.

Actually i was thinking of MAX-2 as well since by the specs it seems to have a better soundcard than the ASus. anyway

as for the PSU i am not sure. Probably i will go for antec since it looks more promising (now how i know that god only knows).

Thank you again for your replies.
    regards
    STAB